Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 2:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « help at last »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   help at last
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: help at last  (Read 347 times)
norma

Email

help at last
« on: Aug 21st, 2002, 8:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

hi guys it is norma again, haven't been on much lately, but went to neuro today, and yes Virgina there is a santa claus!!!!!

the doc knew alot and told me he will help me and to call him when i need him, have to go to cardiologist to make sure i can take inderal but he said if not have no fear, he will keep trying meds to see what will work.

I came out of  there feeling like a kid on xmas!  Anyway to all of you i hope each day gets better and better, and for all of your support i salute each and every one of you.

My doc actually made me feel like a person instead of a crazy woman with has.  I deal with too many men in a day working on phones in a call center so i applaud all you men and women who suffer from or live with spouse that has these, my dr got an  
A today.

God bless all of you and please remember on Sept 11 to honor all that lost their lives, and dont let terrorists or clusters ruin our lives and souls

love you all
norma
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

Re: help at last
« Reply #1 on: Aug 22nd, 2002, 12:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Norma:

For me, Inderal was very effective.  

Hope you have good luck with it too.

Post more kid.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 22nd, 2002, 7:31am »

Norma!
That's great news!  I'm always happy when I hear that someone has found someone or something to help them.  Keep the faith!!

hugs
Ann
IP Logged
Samiam
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Ban910
Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 22nd, 2002, 8:18am »

Keep that chin up....I've been threw hell and back again and can't begin to tell you how many neuro's I've been too.  There are alot of new drugs out there to try and now is a better time to have them then it was yrs ago when no one knew what the hell a cluster was.....so they will fine something just give them a chance read what you can and remember something different works for everyone....for me it's been almost 24 yrs but we are still looking but at least I can get something to stop the pain when it comes and not just live with it.....Good Luck Sami
IP Logged

What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger!
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 22nd, 2002, 8:25am »

Inderal is a beta blocker, usually used to treat migraines.  Not very effective for CH in most cases.

If it doesn't help, switch to a calcium channel blocker which is the preventative of choice for CH.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Drk^Angel

Email

« Reply #5 on: Aug 22nd, 2002, 5:57pm »

Great to hear the news that you may finally begetting somewhere with the docs... Good luck!

PFDAN........................ Drk^Angel
IP Logged
NancyMcFree

Email

« Reply #6 on: Aug 22nd, 2002, 6:06pm »

A compasionate doctor is all you need.  Try the meds he suggests, if they don't work ... try something new.  He'll find the solution that is right for you.  Here on the board there are always suggestions for what works and doesn't work ... so you'll be able to help him along.  Good luck.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss