Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 13th, 2024, 5:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Gotta like those cluster fighters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Gotta like those cluster fighters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Gotta like those cluster fighters  (Read 529 times)
j.halber
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Gotta like those cluster fighters
« on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 8:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been a severely chronic sufferer for 7 years now every single day,and as all of you probably have,I have looked everywhere for the right poison to kill the monster,without sucess.They have wanted me to join talk groups here in holland which i still refuse as it is severly DEPRESSING.And we have enough of that.But you are a very refreshing group,thankyou.Could one thing we all have in commonbe,as well as the PAIN, is that most of us are not chronically NORMAL.You are all to be commended how you are so willing to help each other and I especially admire the we accept no bullshit approach, especially where discustingly addictive drugs are recommended and used. Thanks for the ray of sunshine!
IP Logged
jonny

Email

Re: Gotta like those cluster fighters
« Reply #1 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 4:41pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Please dont call me "NORMAL!!!"

Thank you!

..................jonny
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 4:46pm »

No way jonny -- won't go there.

How you been bro?
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 4:55pm »

Anything but Normal, but whos counting ;D

.................jonny ;D
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 5:03pm »

I think he was trying to politely say that we are abnormal.  

PFDAN............................. Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 6:23pm »

Angry Well I don't hve the pain and Im not normal, so whats wrong with abnormal ?  
You shouldn't discriminate cos us abnormals can be quite normal sometimes......
so I think that means with or without pain we all have something in common........doesn't it  

Cathy ;D
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 6:38pm »

Here's a fucken EH!! for these cluster fighters and j.halber's post.

BTW, us abnormals like to think we put the fun in dysFUNctional. Wink

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 6:48pm »

Normal is what normal does!  (or something to  that effect! ) LMAO

hugs
Ann
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 6:56pm »

If I was a normal person I would not have an est. 5 solid yrs of pain out of 27 yrs chronic.

Thats a guess, seems longer.

Now go ahead and call me normal!!!!!

...........................jonny
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 7:03pm »

Okay, you're not normal.    

Even paranoids have enemies.  

By the way, welcome to our madhouse Halber. Stick around. There is a lot of good stuff here along with this stupid stuff  Roll Eyes

Strange old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Lapsi_Harmaahapsi
New Board Veteran

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 3rd, 2002, 11:57pm »

"You are normal" = fighting words.  Grin

I think you bunch are just normal meegrainers!
IP Logged

- Aleksi
j.halber
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 4th, 2002, 3:23am »

personally i find not fitting into normal a very positive thing and when we live in black pain, every little positive thing can help.Strange that is all that was picked up from my message!Just wanted to say I admire the way you are all interacting with each other trying to help.Not only trying to save yourselves but wanting to ease each others worries and concerns.I find that as well a very positive thing.as it is very hard to find support for this,  it is so hard for those that don't have it to understand.(as well as for us) And for me every positive thing i can find counts...big.    Easy jonny.
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 4th, 2002, 3:36am »

Easy on jonny!!!

he's king (next to DJ Wink)

but...   7yrs/every day ?

how do you (chronics) do it?     just out of curiosity, since i'm a little worried about someone right now (not me, but a NEW friend)

i'm episodic, and VERY LUCKY    (short cycles, 1.5yrs between, thank GOD)

IP Logged
j.halber
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 4th, 2002, 10:53am »

Well Brain Cramps I can't speak for any other cronics, but me I "deal"with my pain one day at a time.Trust me I know how hard it is.A little background; when i first got it the pain would come once a day and would last for between 9 and 14 hours,throwing up my guts as I went, this lasted for about 4 years and there were no pain killers that would help.I did what a lot of others do, slam the head against something or pull my hair out I even tried stabbing myself in the arm or hand to divert my attention elsewhere.Didn't work!For the following years until last June actually, I would get a "headache"1 to 5 times a day(or night) and they would last somewhere between 1 hour and 5 hours with Imigran.Last June i finally broke down and let them do that nasty burning of the nerve endings proceedure as i was Literaly at the end of the perverbial rope.Unfortunately for me it only got worse.(For some people it really helps, but less for cronics)Having nowhere else to turn I turned back to myself.see right or wrong I believe that I (and maybe all of you too) are on this dark road for a reason.Thinking I had repaired all the mess in myself that needed to be repaired was my first mistake.Again I can only speak for myself here but since then I have been very aware of my brain.To the point I had to ask myself; Am I in control of my brain or is it in control of me. Well guess what the answer was.It was time to take back control.I guess for me the number one most important thing is see something nice happen every day,no matter how small!And whatever you do do not feed the beast and do not give up hope. Sounds easy I know,but it's not.Mostly, I found that holding on to something very invisible, like hope is really tough, but a lot of times it was ALL I had.Beast food; ANGER, past and present.SADNESS.PAIN IN THE HEART.STRESS.LACK OF SELF WORTH.FEELING THAT WE ARE NOT UNDERSTOOD.All of those things really.And personally I found you can only fight the beast when he is inactive.Sounds hard and is but when you have an attack Try and stay calm and keep your hear rate down.VERY IMPORTANT!The more resentment and anger and hopelessnes you give it the worse it manifests.Don't feed it! What is, is!I don't know but perhaps as I am a cronic, cronic, every day, (one of the few, a group i would rather not belong to)maybe somehow in the end it is easier for me because i don't know any different anymore.Don't know what it's like to sleep a whole night anymore or be free to really LIVE but i'll be damned if I will stop trying.But since I have been denying the beast any food at all(the last few months) and learning to LET GO (which is really hard, at least for me) I have had only 1 and rarely two headaches a day for the last two months and they are less severe and only last 10 minutes to a half hour.A first for me in all those long years.A real breakthrough.YEAH.So I guess what i am trying to say with this long story is; Take it from an extreme cronic there is hope and find a way to shrink the beast with laughter and positivity.It is very tough and a very, very long road but PLEASE never never never give up!You must really believe you will one day win otherwise the hope will die and then we have nothing except beast food. And may I say thank God for this site because now we have each other as well!Wishing you and your friend all the strenth that there is!
IP Logged
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 4th, 2002, 11:54am »

I'm chronic also, but it sounds like I'm a lot luckier than you.  The most I have in a day is three (knock on wood).  But, I usually get hit every night...my family calls me a vampire, 'cause I never want to go to bed.  Mine will sometimes skip a day...we always celebrate without speaking about it...always scared that if I say..."Gee, I haven't had a headache, one will just come along and bite me on the ass."

But, yes, chronic is rather trying.  My son has migraines, and if I hear one more time..."it's just a headache," I think I may shoot someone.  Now, I just get up, go into a room by myself, and deal with it.  I don't tell anyone whats happening, and only my husband will know.  He'll usually come check on me after about 10 min. to see how bad it's getting.  I used to wake him up at night when one would hit, now I just try to quietly deal with it...I know he's got to be tired of it.  He doesn't like it, but no sense in both of us losing sleep.

I've found you just have to try and laugh your way through it.  I always picture what it would look like if someone caught me on video...grabbing your head, trying to poke your fist through your eye...why I think pushing my fist through my eye will help, I don't know.  But the thought of how idiotic I look does keep one distracted.  That, and the way the dogs all stare at me like I'm crazy.
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
j.halber
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 5th, 2002, 9:24am »

I wouldn't say i am luckier than you Roxy...no way! sorry you suffer so much.And a son with headaches too, must be tough.What is your cluster story, if you don't mind tellig it.  Are we the only cronics out there?
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 5th, 2002, 9:59am »

Halber, I respectfully suggest you read more posts on this message board; that you read anything on chronics the search facility (top right) can get its hands on.There are a lot of chronics on this board, also a number of episodic sufferers.

Then again, there is a board for supporters as well.

IP Logged
Jabeen
New Board Veteran
USA 

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 5th, 2002, 11:09am »

I used to feel bad for me until I found this site and realized how "lucky" I am. I have only had 2 episodes, but they didn't start until I was 45.  The ones I have are terrible while they last-but never during the day and not every night.  The chronics really have it bad-I can't even imagine. I just always pray that mine stay the way they are.  God bless chronics!
IP Logged

OUCH member since 9/5/02
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #18 on: Dec 5th, 2002, 11:58am »

I'm a chronic unfortunately.  Became chronic about 3 years ago after being episodic for 14 years.
My headaches sometimes change patterns.  For the most part I have gotten anywhere from 3-8 headaches every day for almost 2 years now.  During the really good days, they come 8 hours apart.  Currently, they are in a pattern of coming every 5 hours at about a kip 5 or 6 for the most part.
On the really bad days (which come about every 2-3 months) they start getting closer together (about every 3-4 hours) and they are more like 8's, 9',s & 10's.  That usually lasts 2-3 weeks and then they go back to every 5 or 6 hours and between a kip 5 & 7.  When people ask how my headaches are doing I usually answer by saying something like "well I haven't had one that has made me cry for about 2 days....so I guess that's pretty good".
HATE THESE DAMN THINGS!  But I do love this board and know that it has been a God-send for me.  I was talking to SFChris yesterday & we agreed that this board really helps you keep your own pain in perspective.  Before I came to this board, I was convinced that no one else was going through what I was going through.  I was sure that no one else could be as bad off as me.  I was really feelin sorry for myself.  Since discovering this board, I still feel sorry for myself but it really helps to know that there are others stuggling with the same things that I am.  I know there are a lot of others who suffer worse than I do so all I can do is try to support.
Thanks guys, for being here!   ;D ;D

PS: I have to toot SFChris's horn!  He's donating some of his Immitrex nasal sprays to me because he knows I don't have insurance and I love him for it!!  Grin  And I would've never met him if it wasn't for this board.  It's a crappy club to belong to...but I'm glad the members are so wonderful! Cheesy
IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
j.halber
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 5:17am »

What is it with you Ave?If You had read the posts in this section you would have seen that Brain Cramps asked "how cronics do it"?There was not much response, thats what my question was for.
Sorry to hear of your pain 9erfaan, how the hell do you get through it without painkillers?I couldn't imagine.Sending you prayers full of strength!
IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 7:26am »

on Dec 5th, 2002, 11:58am, 9erfan wrote:

PS: I have to toot xxxxxx's horn!  He's donating some of his Immitrex nasal sprays to me because he knows I don't have insurance and I love him for it!!  ;D  And I would've never met him if it wasn't for this board.  It's a crappy club to belong to...but I'm glad the members are so wonderful! Cheesy

That's very cool he's doing this for you, 9er. However, since the law doesn't look kindly upon doing this, even if the meds are needed by another who can't get them, you might consider modifying this part of your post removing names. I doubt the DEA will be kicking down anyone's doors over this post, but it also is a good place to remind people of this fact and that discretion is sometimes a good thing concerning these things.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss