Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 5:32am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I almost forgot how much fun this isn't »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I almost forgot how much fun this isn't
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I almost forgot how much fun this isn't  (Read 234 times)
Frank

Email

I almost forgot how much fun this isn't
« on: Dec 5th, 2002, 8:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I have been mostly PF since the doctor gave me prenisone in October 2000... a half dozen attacks since then, but not really bad. Until the past two weeks. Had two last night (Kip 7 & Cool, and one the night before, and one a couple of nights before that, and again the night before.... and the night before that.  Damn... I guess they're back for a while!
I went to see the doc today and got some Maxalt MLT (only four which sucks but they were free) and a Rx for O2. I'll pick that up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: Dec 5th, 2002, 8:19pm by Frank » IP Logged
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: I almost forgot how much fun this isn't
« Reply #1 on: Dec 5th, 2002, 8:32pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Shit, Frank. I'm sorry to hear they're back. Going to get another scrip for the Prednisone too?
IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 5th, 2002, 8:38pm »

Frank - sorry to hear they're back. Have you tried Verapamil as a prevent?  
Hang in
IP Logged
Frank

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 5th, 2002, 8:40pm »

Yep... been on 480mg verapamil daily for four years. It isn't enough at this time.
IP Logged
Frank

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 5th, 2002, 9:00pm »

on Dec 5th, 2002, 8:32pm, Ted wrote:
Shit, Frank. I'm sorry to hear they're back. Going to get another scrip for the Prednisone too?

Not sure prednisone would help this close to the start of a cycle? Never tried it.  
The first time I tried prednisone, it did not end the cycle. I quit takinhg it because after several days I felt like all my bones were broken. Major leg, ankle, wrist, elbow, finger, knee, back, neck, etc pain. I thought it was the prednisone... but wasn't sure.
Last time (which apparently broke the cycle) I went through the same major body aches and pains after a few days. I assumed it was caused by the prednisone and quit taking it before I was supposed to. But the clusters have been gone for two years...
IP Logged
KingOfPain
New Board Hall of Famer

Disgusted!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 5th, 2002, 11:33pm »

I see you got a script for oxygen. If you have never tried it, get ready for some relief. You should fill the script asap.
  I tried prednisone, couldn't deal with the side effects.

Good luck, KingOfPain.
IP Logged

Arrived August, 1999.

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.
- Denis Diderot
Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends. - Euripides
Frank

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 3:40pm »

on Dec 5th, 2002, 11:33pm, KingOfPain wrote:
 I see you got a script for oxygen. If you have never tried it, get ready for some relief. You should fill the script asap.
  I tried prednisone, couldn't deal with the side effects.

Good luck, KingOfPain.

Well I just got four tanks delivered... paid for by my insurance company. Now why did I have to pay for it during the last cycle, and the cycle before that ???
(Oh yeah... I changed insurance companies!)
IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 3:55pm »

Frank - hope the O2 does the trick. I've read many say they had to use Lithium with the vera. I haven't had to, but I'm out of cycle now and just doing the verap maintenance thing.
Hope things go well for you man
hang in
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss