Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 2:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What bugs you.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2002 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What bugs you....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What bugs you....  (Read 772 times)
Mark C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Onward through the fog.

Email

What bugs you....
« on: Dec 6th, 2002, 6:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What bugs you about others posts....
Is it all caps...
Bad spelling...
Animations....  Smiley
Center justification...
Know it alls....
Pseudo know it alls....
Posts asking stupid questions....
Flaming posts...
Off topic posts.....
All of the above!
Try not to get too personal, in general terms please.
IP Logged

Click The Flag
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: What bugs you....
« Reply #1 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 7:17pm »

The way my dog nudges her nose under my hand while I'm trying to scroll down and read others posts.  
 Whew!!! Thanks Mark. I feel much better getting that off my chest.
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 7:24pm »

That no one here helps me remember what Lagniappe means in the crossword puzzle.

Charlie
« Last Edit: Dec 6th, 2002, 7:25pm by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 7:34pm »

LOTS uf fings Rea lly,     but
carnt think off enything at the mooomnt ( or is it momennt....) dun no, butr Ill get BACk 2 u onthat one. ;D ;D

Yep, got it what bugs me as a ch supporter is  

1/ Trying to make a cup of tea while wes is walking roung the table, it makes me dizzy and have to sit down, then the tea gets cold and I have to start again.

2/ Answering the telephone while wes is groaning and swearing in the corner ( he's so loud.....pillow muffles it though)

3/ Inviting friends for dinner, then having to ignore the fact that wes has suddenly started dancing around the hall way while I serve up the pudding..........

4/ Trying to find his Imigran cos during his last ch he threw it ................somewhere.............??

5/ Being absolutely drunk as a skunk and noone reallising wes isn't.....  as we both roll about the floor!!!!  Angry

6/ Children who pick their noses and don't eat it  Tongue

7/ Mother-in-laws Embarassed  

8/ People who don't invite us back to theirs for dinner

9/ Lots of things really...........ummmmm

Grin  
   (its moment I looked it up in me dictionary)

Cathy Smiley Kiss
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #4 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 7:36pm »

When they go off the page (to the right). What makes them do that ????  It drives me insane scrolling back and forth.  It also makes me dizzier than normal !!!!  LOL.  Oh yea, and a bunch of the stuff you said ... but not the animations, I love pics !!!!
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Ted
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 7:51pm »

I used to agree about your #6, Cathy. But then one day I realized "Hey. That's just more for me."
IP Logged
domm
New Board Old Timer

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 9:52pm »

here ya go Charlie -  
lagniappe = A Cajun idiom meaning "a little something extra"—like the thirteenth donut in a baker's dozen.  Cheesy
IP Logged
Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 9:53pm »

Migraineur wannabes that get their panties in a bunch over nothing.

PFDAN............................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 10:08pm »

"Gramma got ran over by a reindeer" song......if I hear it one more time I am gonna SCREAM......................
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 6th, 2002, 11:53pm »

what bugs me...  the guy that came to fix my microwave yesterday (it decided not to work on Thanksgiving of all days...)And he kept going out to his truck in the snow... and tracked up my house with snow... I have a rug at the door to use for your feet evidentally his mother didnt have one... i had little puddles all over the floor to find with my socking feet for the rest of the day oooooooooooooooooooooo... Then he charged us 109 bucks and didnt even fix it... that was 55 for the visit and 18 bucks per 15 mins after... what really got to me is Dave fixed the damn thing AFTER the guy left... should I cancell that check????  JERK

oh and Marc... i mostly use lower case, use alot of graphics, never punctuate properly, spelling is so so, think I know it all, flamed that jaggerguy, and ask dumb questions... should i take your post personally???  dont matter i'm not changin for anyone... i'm great, i'm great, i'm great... ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 1:54am »

What bugs me?

People telling others to take narcotics for the pain.
    That's number one with me!!!!!!!!  (they should be shot)

People who come on here bitching before checking out all the links first.  

People who tell me to "take an aspirin or something."

Last, but not least is a "cluster wannabe"  
WHY anyone would wannbe is a good question.

Charlie.........A lagniappe according to Websters, is ...

"A small gift given a customer by a merchant at the time of a purchase.  Something obtained gratuitously or by way of good measure"    

Linda

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 4:15am »

Since nice women defined lagniappe for me, I have to respond. Thank you.  You can depend on the ladies anyway.  Cool I think one of the reasons I posted this pain in the ass crossword thing is that I can never remember the effen thing. I bet now I will. There are too many like that now.  The theory is that doing the things are supposed to keep me from losing it sooner than expected...... I need some more proof.

Yes, I do the crossword puzzle. God I'm an old fart.

Old Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
ave

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 4:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What bugs me most?

That most of you are asleep when I get on line.  
That most of you are washing up for dinner when I squeeze in a last visit to chat before going to bed.  
That the world is round, basically. Dang Columbus!

IP Logged
Hound_Dogg

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 6:36am »

What really bugs me is the assumption that taking an opiate-based Pain-reliever will automatically turn a law-abiding, non-drug using family person into an addicted, drug seeking maniac. Willing to sell all possessions for a fix.  

I know it's not the answer for Cluster Headaches. But until my insurance company will pay for 90 imitrex injectables a month, I will take my OXY IR's for break-thru.  

As I said in a previous post...If you take an opiate-based pain reliever for more then a few weeks, your body will become used to it. This is not addiction. It's much the same as taking prednisone for a few weeks.
You have to slowly wean your self off the drug. When you begin faking pain or pulling a Noelle Bush and writing your own scripts, then you're addicted.

With any drug, you have to be responsible and take it as directed and report any side-effects to your physician.
IP Logged
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 7:15am »

There are a few things that bug me.  here we go:

1-  When someone reads an article about all types of headaches (clusters included) and they are suddenly an expert.  Then they argue with you, like they know everything there is to know about clusters.

2-  When someone says, "It only lasts an hour?  What's the big deal?  You can't handle pain for one hour?"  I ofter want to put my hands around their neck and squeeze!

3-  "I have migraines, I know exactly what you go through"  yeah right...shove it up your ass!

I'm sorry...none of this really answers the question about other peoples posts.  Guess that must get on someone's nerves somewhere in clusterville!   ;D

Charlie,  I do crossword puzzles too.  It helps keep my brain in gear..but lately, it hasn't been too helpful.  Guess we're both old farts!  

hugs
Ann
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 12:32pm »

When the kids don't shake the ketchup bottle and you get all that watery stuff on your fries....

When my 2 year old keeps nudging my arm as I'm trying to read posts...

When the cat decides she is going to sleep on my keyboard ... while I'm using it.

5 Feet of snow in one snowstorm

When the cat decides to sound like an elephant walking in the house during CH season...they should know better.

When the dog steals my last donut

And what really really burns my ass, is neuro's who insist that CH's are just another form of migraines.

Okay I think that's all now....
Oh yeah, one more thing, people who don't stick to the topic of a thread Wink Wink Wink  Shocked Kiss

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
RevDeFord
New Board Old Timer

Pain is real if the neighbors know you have it!

WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 12:52pm »

Lilly livered democraps who post in agony after biting the big one in the last election......

right charlie   ;D

Grin ;D ;D ;D ;D
IP Logged

I don' know why it hurts, but I pray it will stop.
jonny

Email

« Reply #17 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 1:16pm »

on Dec 7th, 2002, 7:15am, Ann wrote:

3-  "I have migraines, I know exactly what you go through"  yeah right...shove it up your ass!

Thank you Ann, for the laugh I needed for the last few days, That is the qoute of the month.

...................jonny
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #18 on: Dec 7th, 2002, 2:51pm »

Most days - NUTTIN bothers me all that much Cheesy  Then again, on sum days most people generally annoy me. Cheesy  What does this mean?   ???  Duel personality disorder, prolly ;D  And, I DON'T CARE Cheesy

One day I'm gonna buy that apple farm upstate and tend to the trees.  I will never be annoyed again Cheesy
IP Logged
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 8th, 2002, 8:58am »

Ah Jonny.... I'm sitting here with tears rolling down my face from laughing so hard!  When you take just a bit of my post like that, it's pretty damn funny!  Glad it made you laugh too!  Hope you're feeling better hon!   Kiss

hugs
Ann
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 9th, 2002, 9:16pm »

Everything has a silver lining Rev......like the Democrats that waxed your asses in Louisiana the other day after you spent tens of millions of dollars, brought in Dubya, and GOP  lame ducks, to accuse Mary Landreiu of everything from West Nile Virus to being Saddam's bitch.  It was pretty ugly.  Tough shit! ;D

Really political Charlie  Cool
IP Logged

tanner
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Adopt a POW/MIA I have

sc_clusterhead1  
Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 9th, 2002, 10:55pm »

havn't been around long enough to get bugged yet but i sure hope it's not no-caps.  
i hate caps!
IP Logged

I AM THE MASTER OF MY MIND, MY BODY, AND MY EMOTIONS...
it's just my head that sucks...http://www.centerforlit.com/

cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 10:04am »

I hate fightin dem crowds and traffic and the stores rite now this timea year......and oh my....the lines tocheck out and sick people caughin on ya and sneezein on ya and stuff on the shelves.....and that dam'd loud " be happy happy Xmas music" playin.......um.....I know....this aint' got nothin ta do with posts........sorry.......got carried way here......gotta go back 'out there' inta town and needed ta get that out......this kinda post probly bugs sum don't it....ha-ha-ha......bah-hum-bug............. Angry
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

DougL
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #23 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 11:42am »

Post complaining about bad spelling.

Who the Fuck cares!

Ohhhh Noooo!!!!

Look out for the big bad internet speller monster!
I heard It can  hurt you worse than a migraine!
DougL
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #24 on: Dec 10th, 2002, 11:49am »

well I can throw away my glasses now.  I've seen everything.  

Mr. Lutz has actually posted a post on ch.com withOUT any spelling errors.  Not even ONE.  In my four plus years here, this is a first.

Sound the trumpets.  Call the Enquirer.  It's finally happened.  

Kiss
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss