Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 11:33am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New to clusters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New to clusters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New to clusters  (Read 392 times)
zenerzoo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

New to clusters
« on: Dec 1st, 2003, 7:45am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm 39 and never really had any ha's untill 8 weeks ago. I've been reading this board for about 7 of those. From what I can tall I've been lucky as I was diagnosed in the First week. By a er. Doc no less. I have no insurance so as for neuro, cat scan Mri, or all the rest no one seems to think it's nessary. I'm on verampamil and indomethisin that seem to make the pain manageable however it doesn't take it all away. I get hit worst at night so as for any real sleep doesn't seem to be an option. My gp. doesn't think o2 will help however by the grace of god I have a fried who has o2 and has been willing to share it with me, Thats been a life saver and has kept me off imetrx for 3 weeks. Still have it on hand though. I did start the shooms and I got 24 hours pf it was wonderful. Going to try again in about a week. Wish me luck Cheesy Cheesy I have no clue how long this will last and I hope I'll be out before X-mas. I just want to say thank you to all for posting and being there without all of your imformation and sujestions I not sure I would still be here to post this.  
     Thanks to all and wishing everone pfdn
IP Logged

Just keep swimming..swimming swimming
jadedgazer
New Board Veteran
USA 

This isn't life threatening, just life altering

jadedgazer  

Re: New to clusters
« Reply #1 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 8:05am »

zenerzoo,

Welcome to the board, sorry you had to find us under these conditions. There are those here that are much more qualified to answer questions than I am.

It took me two years to get oxygen, but I finally got it last week and it is a lifesaver. Keep asking for it!  

You aren't by chance an Armed Forces Veteran are you? If you served any time at all in any branch of the service and received an honorable discharge, you are eligible to be treated at a VA hospital. This may be something you haven't considered. Just a thought.
IP Logged

Jackie S.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #2 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 8:08am »

You say you're on verapamil and indomethisin at this time. I have never tried the schroom treatment but I think you should be off all meds when you do the treatment. I don't have the clusterbuster address but I'm sure someone will see this today and supply you with it. It should have information about the treatment with/without meds.
Good luck. Hope it works for you.

Also, click the 'oxygen info' button on the left side of your screen, print it and take it to your doc. The printed word may mean more than you telling him what he should do for you. They hate that.
« Last Edit: Dec 1st, 2003, 8:12am by BobG » IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
thomas

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 10:02am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Warm welcome to you. Smiley
IP Logged
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 10:15am »

Welcome...

There's a ton of info in the buttons to the left.  Start reading.   Then read some more.

PFDAN to you,
grant
IP Logged
ClusterChuck
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

The BEAST rises again, and again, and again, and .

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 11:37am »

Welcome aboard!  Sorry you have to join the looney bin ...

Boy does it piss me off when a doctor says you don't need O2!  TaraAnn's doctor went as far as to say she gets enough O2 from the air she breathes!  Keep pushing for the O2.  You are lucky that you have the proof that it works.  Keep after your doctor, and teach him.  You may be helping another clusterhead down the road.

Chuck
IP Logged

"No man can be happy without a friend, nor be sure of his friend till he is unhappy."
Thomas Fuller
thomas

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 11:49am »

There are no O2 reps like there are drug reps.  O2 script= no perks or kickbacks for dr.
IP Logged
echo
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Chronic and still alive --- I Win!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:17pm »

Welcome to band of clusterheads.  Sorry to read of yet another vicitim for the beast.  Glad you found us.
IP Logged

"If you love something, let it go. If it doesn't come back, hunt it down and kill it".

Proud Dad of a US Marine, and a former Marine turned Police Officer.

aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 12:26pm »

Welcome!  You've found the perfect place for understanding, compassion and friendship!

IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 7:29pm »

Quote:
I get hit worst at night so as for any real sleep doesn't seem to be an option.

Try taking any OTC containing benydryl. I use Dramamine.
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 7:34pm »

Hi Zenerzoo.
As Bob mentioned there is a site which you may have already visited.  If you haven't, then here is the address:

http://www.clusterbusters.com/

As for being on other meds while taking shrooms, there are 2 lines of thought:

Some argue that total abstinence from all other medications is the way to do it.  That way you can ensure that other medicines aren't interfering with the shrooms.  Many meds probably do interfere (especially imitrex).

Some argue that it may not be necessary to abstain from medicine such as verapamil (and other meds that don't interfere with the serotonin receptors).

The truth is, we really don't know for sure which meds will interfere (which is why many people believe in abstinence from all meds).  In my humble opinion, there is a fair chance that indomethacin may interfere with the shroom treatment because its a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory indole derivative, aka: 1-(4-chlorobenzoyl)-5-methoxy- 2-methyl-1-H-indole-3-acetic acid.

I don't know for sure, it's just a hunch.

Welcome aboard, hopefully your cycle will end very soon.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 1st, 2003, 7:54pm »

Just wanted to say welcome to clusterville!

Little Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
zenerzoo
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 7:30am »

Thanks for the thoughts on the va but no luck I've never been in the service.
 I had a job offer in the begining of this cycle that I turned down because it was swing shift and there was no way I could work when the biggest hits was coming at 9:30 pm.Oh well I'll just stay as a temp.at least that way I still have a job and the option to take time off if I have to.

I have researched the clusterbuster site but thank you so much for the idea, I would like to thank everone for there thoughts and vibes. I am grateful to everone.
IP Logged

Just keep swimming..swimming swimming
Patrick_A
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If i could get my hands on that wascally Wabbit

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:59am »

GO BACK TO YOUR DOCTOR AND TELL HIM YOU INSIST ON OXYGEN!!! If he says no, Fire that bastard! He works for you, You don't work for him.
Go find you a GP who will listen to you.

Patrick
IP Logged

Do you think that when they asked George Washington for his ID, that he just whipped out a One Dollar Bill?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss