Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 2:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Panic attacks anyone? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2003 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Panic attacks anyone?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Panic attacks anyone?  (Read 875 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

Re: Panic attacks anyone?
« Reply #25 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 8:21pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My panic attacks have evolved now into "blank-itis"........I jus shut down and can't even answer a simple question...I hate it when that happens esp I feel trapped or sumone asks me a question I can't answer......then I fear that will happen again so it gets worse. Did that make sense....I forgot what I was talkin about......har-har. Never ending ditz cycle Pam  

Yup I'm blonde  bag
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Little Deb
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Please SPAY and NEUTER all dogs, cats and idiots!

debbie4278  
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 10:40pm »

Special attention Cootie and Floridian, and open to other opinion....

So does the serotonin problem lead to the CH problem or you think vice versa???  I take Paxil, and have been on it 3 years.  I want off, but have tried and just can't get off of it.  I take Wellbutrin to help with the side effects.  Now I am considering looking into an ADHD med.  Still researching.  I am really beginning to think I have really been ADHD all along, not depressed.  I started the Paxil for Post Partem Depression.  

I am wondering if my son is ADHD.  He is 5 and having some severe mood swings with anger.

And my 3 yr old daughter, I am afraid might have CH.

I wouldn't trade having her for the world, but yes it does hurt very bad to think she may have to suffer with this hell.

Feedback anyone???/

Thanks.

Deb
IP Logged

Adopt a shelter pet!
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 2nd, 2003, 11:12pm »

Holy cow Deb......you think your 3 yr old has ch......I sure hope not....otherwise she will grow up fast !! What's the earliest age a person has been diagnose'd I wonder. Myself I'm not sure if serotonin  plays a role in ch....sumtimes I jus plain don't understand what does at all. Seen so many theory's fly out the window with last weeks beer cans. I still think the longitude deal the doc at the convention brought up was VERY interesting......I'd explain it better if I could remember it. Opps I feel a panic attack comein on Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 8:31am »

I think it is only natural to have a panic attack especially when you know you are about to get hit again with another HA.

It is like standing on a railroad track seeing the train barrelling down on you and knowing you cannot move because your feet are cemented to the ties.  And the train ain't stopping for nobody.

Makes me panic....but I don't think that it is unwarranted.  Perfectly natural not to want to get hit again.

Donna D
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2003, 8:33am by Donna_D. » IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
Paigelle

Email

« Reply #29 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 8:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I agree about the panic attack before getting hit.  It is just the general fear of how steep the pain will be, how long it will last and then just plain anger of having to deal with it.  

Deb, I took Zoloft for post partum.  I had a wicked bout of it right after I went back to work.  But like you, I have wondered about the ADHD.  

I am so sorry about your daughter.  I have had these since I was 10 yrs old.  I don't remember having any HA before that time though.  Not to make you worry about the genetic thing, but my grandmother and my mom use to suffer with these demons.  Both have been PF for years now though.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

Chicken / Egg Problem
« Reply #30 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 9:08am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
So does the serotonin problem lead to the CH problem or you think vice versa???

Don't know for sure, but I think a serotonin problem is one thing that is required for clusters.  The triptans that work pretty well to abort a CH act directly on a type of serotonin receptors (which act on something else, which .... ).

Also, melatonin production requires serotonin. We know that melatonin production is low in clusters, and that melatonin plays a big role in circadian rhythms.
IP Logged
mikeyd
New Board Veteran
Canada 

8616152 8616152   mikeyd32  
Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 10:41am »

No nuttin else...just CH here. Jeez, panic AND CH Shocked, that really sucks guys Angry! I get some pissed off when I get my CH's (pissed at the beast) Other than that I live for panic...lol laugh
IP Logged

Waging war with the beast is tiresome & painful but never boring ;-D
Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 3rd, 2003, 11:23am »

I get mild (very mild) panic attacks when a CH attack is coming on.  Add that on top of manic-depression (now called bipolar in the PC-verse), OCD and a few other three-letter goodies and mix it up with CH... It's an interesting life, let me tell ya. Smiley  

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss