Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 16th, 2024, 7:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « viscuous lidocaine   (sp?) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   viscuous lidocaine   (sp?)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: viscuous lidocaine   (sp?)  (Read 398 times)
renny
New Board Junior
USA 

rennny07   renny
Email

viscuous lidocaine   (sp?)
« on: Apr 27th, 2004, 2:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Had an appt with new GP yesterday on unrelated matter,  (non CH ) but during course of conversation I mentioned Clusterheadches due mixing meds...her first question was,  "are you episodic or chronic ?"  so the woman knows....
     At any rate it turns out she has 3 patients who also have CH.  And they are all using relatively new  (she thought ) abort which is viscuous lidocaine as nasal droplet,   says they claim it to break these F*ers up immediately...
    Anyone heard of/tried this???
              karen Undecided
IP Logged

tell me...did the wind sweep you off a' your feet...
thomas

Email

Re: viscuous lidocaine   (sp?)
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 2:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Have seen it talked about on the board here, yes.  It works for some, not for others.
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 3:47pm »

Viscous is a fancy word for thick - lidocaine in syrup or gel form.  The trick is to get that stuff close enough to the pain spot so that it makes it numb. Maybe the spray will work - some of the early posts involved gently ramming cotton swabs into the sinuses. This may dampen the pain, but probably doesn't treat the underlying problem with the nerve/brain. But pain relief is pain relief, and that is a good thing if it works.
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2004, 3:49pm by floridian » IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 6:50pm »

Heard of it years ago. It's not new therapy.  Supposed to burn the hell out of your nose. Of the many docs I've seen, none have recommended it or is convinced that it would help.

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 6:59pm »

There have certainly been a lot of threads posted on lidocaine over the years which I am sure you can search the archives on.

Lidocaine, like its cousin Novacaine is an anasthetic. So it numbs you up.

I have never used it. But from my recollection, it seems to get mixed reviews and I'd say more negative than positive.

I think it burns for a lot of people. I could be wrong. Others may have better input.

-Scott
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 7:20pm »

4% has never burned me...hasn't aborted any attacks either.  It makes you feel like you are trying to swallow a baseball after using it...tends to seep down to the back of your throat and numb everything up.  I rate 4% viscous lidocaine a 0 out of 5.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 9:32pm »

D has used lidocaine . . .it (sometimes) works if he hits it at just the right time  . . .on the other hand, it has seemed to kick the beast into high too . . . he does have a big ole bottle of lidocaine still . . .when we did use it, we just used the dropper .. he tipped back, I squirted the dropper.
He also had a doc tell him that cocaine-hydrochloride works . . .  
miapet
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2004, 9:35pm by miapet » IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Samantha_Smith
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 27th, 2004, 10:45pm »

Lidocaine nasal drops....been there and done that. It didn't work. I ain't tryin' it again. Lidocaine for Ch is NOT new!  Isn't it funny how old drugs get recycled and declared "new" by uninformed doctors?
IP Logged

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm."
Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 2:51am »

Renny,

I have used the 4 percent solution via spray to the back of the nose on the affected side.  When the HA hits me in the eye it is effective, but when it hits in the temple as it usually does for me it does no good at all.

It costs about $60 for a couple of ounces that will last for quite a long time, so it is not as expensive to experiment with as some of the other drugs out there.  Personally I would suggest using O2. It works about as quickly for me and knocks out almost all of them.

Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
renny
New Board Junior
USA 

rennny07   renny
Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 5:22am »

TY all
IP Logged

tell me...did the wind sweep you off a' your feet...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss