Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 16th, 2024, 9:04pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CHs...Sinus HAs »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   CHs...Sinus HAs
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CHs...Sinus HAs  (Read 293 times)
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

CHs...Sinus HAs
« on: Apr 28th, 2004, 4:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The more I learn about CHs, the more I think that I have them more often than I thought.

From what I have read, A lot of people who have CHs are hit first with the stuffy/runny nose real bad and then it moves in to the eye real quick.

A lot of times, I get this where first my nose starts getting stuffed up/itchy and starts running. Within a matter of just a few minutes my eye hurts and itches at the same time and my eye/forehead/temple hurt so bad I have literally pulled hair out because of it. I'll usually go through a whole box of Kleenex in one day with this.

I have thought in the past that these are either sinus atacks or allergies.  

Does anyone have any words of wisdom on this?
IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
Lobster
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: CHs...Sinus HAs
« Reply #1 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 5:09pm »

I am currently battling a sinus infection that was most likely brought about by all my anti-CH meds.

I have little doubt that the sinus infection extended my episode.  What I thought were strange shadows toward the end were actually sinus HA's... strong enough to trigger an occasional CH.  Tremendous pressure on the bones around my eye/jaw/cheek.

On a second course of antibiotics and nasty-powerful decongestants now.  If I go to bed without taking a decongestant, I awake with a clogged-solid sinus on my CH side with what feels like the start of a CH... and once or twice actually did trigger a CH, but was certainly a sinus HA initially.

Never had a sinus HA in my life before this.

Rock
IP Logged

Rock beats Scissors.
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 6:22pm »

Expl. Eye.  Yes I know what you are saying to a point.   Attacks such as these have awakened me many many nights over the last year and half.  Read my discription of how my attacks are the discribe your HA post.  Before I was diagnosed with CH  a few weeks back because they started to hit me day and night more than just once every few weeks but multiple times a day...I had myself convinced they were sinus atatcks as well.  Somewhere in here I discribed where I would take sudafed and tylenol PM's and rock on my bed in tears most of the thime waiting for the stuff to "kick in" so I could go back to sleep.  Some times the pain would go down into my upper teeth and they would ache something fierce.  Differing degrees, sometimes I'd just think there was something lodged between them and I'd be flossing till they bled, or I'd literally try to pull them out to stop the pain.  I think I still have a pair of needle nose pliars in the drawer in the bathroom from that last time. LOL.  I had no idea what CH was till a few weeks ago.  Now at least I know I'll never be caught off gaurd again.  That tell tale pain wakes me up that Stat pen will be right by my bed.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28th, 2004, 7:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Exploding Eye...what is your name?

For me, it is ALL about the eye. It comes on with the pain behind the eye. The droopy eye, redness, runny nose happens after attack (like 10-20 min into the attack).

I must say, interestingly, because with each cycle I have had (4 cycles between 1997-2004). The frequency and intensities have varied.

This last cycle was 1-2 per day. If I got the 2nd headache, it was the ones that awaken you from sleep. I have posted on this and I truly beleive that THESE are the worst. Simply because you are deep in sleep (1-2 hrs into sleep). The CH is bubbling and brewing and when it finally awkens you, you are in the full thores of the attack.

Like Redd said, I always have my 'Trex injector on my bedstand.

Definitely sounds like clusters.

Not sure about the connection of CHs with sinus problems, but I DO know migrainers with sinus problems.

Hope you are feeling well

-Scott
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #4 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 4:48am »

Sinus headaches do suck...

But they are just irritating to painful, and they always last a long time.

I can see how they could be confused, but not for long.

Cluster HURT BAD, and come and go rather quickly.

I said BAD!!! If you have a sinus headache that hurts like that, you need to get your nose cut off! Shocked laugh
IP Logged

Chris
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 10:04am »

I don't know now. Maybe my sinus/allergy problems are triggering the CHs. My property has about 20 cottonwood trees on it and I started having allergy problems as soon as I moved in there.

Freddy - I agree with you about the night time ones being the worst. I can deal with 2-3 of them every day while I'm at work because they don't bother me as much during the day, but give me one that wakes me up and I'm up pacing/rocking/crying/cursing.  

BTW... My name is Patrick Moore. And if any of you are in to science/space stuff...  I'm not the scientist author that wrote a bunch of books.

Redd - I can relate with the thing about the teeth. I have also been tempet to pull teeth out in the middle of the night. It might be a good idea to hide those pliers from yourself. You wouldn't want to do anything you'd regret. And during a big CH, things like that don't seem silly at all.

Superpain - You said that CH comes and goes quickly. Is this normal with most CHers? I'm asking because when I get a night time one it seems to last at lease 2 hours. Or maybe it's a bunch of them running together. The other more minor daytime ones just make a quick visit and then go away after 30 minutes or so.

I have also considered getting my nose cut off but after seeing how M. Jackson looks without his, I changed my mind.  

Thanks all for the wisdom.

Pat

« Last Edit: May 4th, 2004, 10:14am by ExplodingEyeBall » IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 10:45am »

D's almost always start in his nose  .. .which is why, over the years, different docs have said 'allergies' 'sinus' etc . . .even now, if it gets stuffy inside, it can trigger a h/a.  THEN, depending on the intensity, he will get the droopy watery eye . . .and sometimes blurred vision in that eye.  
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #7 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 4:09pm »

Yes, they come and go quickly... The DURATION may be long, but the onset of the ha comes quick and they normally go from full blown to nothing in a matter of minutes.
IP Logged

Chris
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 7:55pm »

They can go from nothing to full blown in 5 minutes, last 15 min or longer depending where they are in the cycle, and stop as suddenly as they started. I am like Jeckyll and Hyde.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss