Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 2:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Help with an Archive Search CPAP »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Help with an Archive Search CPAP
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Help with an Archive Search CPAP  (Read 229 times)
maokitty
New Board Newbie
USA 

You say you get TENSION HEADACHES? KISS MY BUTT

izzardlady
Email

Help with an Archive Search CPAP
« on: Apr 29th, 2004, 9:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Undecided Can someone help me find anything in the archives to see if sleep apnea might be a trigger for CH?

I use a CPAP machine, but not all the time and wonder if sleep apnea might be a trigger from lack of oxygen to the blood stream or brain?

I just know it must have been covered somewhere already.
IP Logged

You can sympathize you get tension headaches? Yeah kiss my butt!
Homer57
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Help with an Archive Search CPAP
« Reply #1 on: Apr 29th, 2004, 10:06pm »

Hi maokitty- this is Jim.  I too have sleep apnea and at one point thought that there was a connection between that and the cluster headaches I have had since I was 20.  I had the uppp (?) operation in '97 so as to try and avoid the CPAP machine, but it didn't work out.

I must use the CPAP machine every night.  It works for me and at this point I couldn't really sleep without it.  The cluster headaches have stayed on their 2 year cycle (this year I made it to 3 years!) even with the CPAP use, so I don't think there is any real connection.

BTY - 2 days now without headaches so I may be at the end of this cycle!  Good luck in your research and hope your PF as you read this.
IP Logged
UN_SOLVED
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I need a fully-automatic Imitrex injector !!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 30th, 2004, 3:44am »

I also have 'mild' sleep apnea. Did all the sleep tests. Doc says it worse while I lay on my back. I used a CPAP machine for awhile (still have it), but it was too uncomfortable and was not helping at all. If it helped at all, I would use it everynight! But for me, it's just an obstacle in my way from reaching my Imitrex injections during the night. I also have a low-flow O2 machine that I could sleep with.. And a full sized O2 tank. None of it helps.
Only Imitrex injections work for me !

Unsolved
IP Logged

I'm STILL alive ?
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #3 on: May 2nd, 2004, 5:09pm »

It really depends on how low your SpO2 or oxygen Saturation drops at night.  Untreated, sleep apnea can cause  memory problems, weight gain, impotency, headaches, high blood pressure, and other cardiovascular disease.  Does it trigger a CH?   It is not really known.  I will say that a lack of O2 to the brain will not allow it to function as it normally should and my Neuro seems to feel that thier is some sort of connection between them.  It may not treat CH but the other physiological stresses that it can create on your body cant help.

Good Luck!

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss