Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 16th, 2024, 11:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « HA times have shifted »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   HA times have shifted
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: HA times have shifted  (Read 405 times)
rbmb
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

HA times have shifted
« on: May 4th, 2004, 5:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Had been waking up with a HA an hour or so after falling asleep, now I'm getting them in the early evening or just as I go to bed. Last evening I was mowing the lawn and felt one coming on, so I went in, took a DHE shot, paced around for a long time till it finally took effect, finished mowing and said to myself, "Since you've already had a headache, it's probably ok to have a glass of wine.....you're not likely to get another one."
Well, that was wrong.....I got another HA, although not as bad as the first one(I only did all this in the interest of science of course). Bottom line is I guess I'm not quite ready for alcohol yet.
         Rich
IP Logged
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

Re: HA times have shifted
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2004, 5:24pm »

No... You won't be ready for alchohol till they're gone for good.
The good news is, this most likely means that your cycle is progressing. Mine always change up in the later stages... So you're just that much closer to the end, hopefully.
IP Logged

Chris
joesf
New Board Junior
USA 

« Reply #2 on: May 6th, 2004, 12:32am »

Ditto what superpain says. No alcohol till you are sure they are gone and then sparingly just in case.  After that you're ok.
« Last Edit: May 6th, 2004, 12:33am by joesf » IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 12th, 2004, 1:19am »

I am curious about the time and the timing. I might like to know this about others as well specificly.

These HA began with me just a month ago, and were at 6:30 PM to about 7 sharp, and I was hating that hour

Now my worst day so far was this past Sunday and at 5 PM ahead of time this began and laste 1.5 hours, then simmered to tolerable for 1.5 hours which mush have been the eye for storm as it returned full bore for another 1.5 hours... and repeated that again in one night 3 for 1. I was not so very lucky.

I get these every day unless I get lucky and skip a day, which is not often.  

I thought I was going to skip this evenings as it came on hard a 11 pm.

My times seems to be from 5 PM to 11 PM... Anyone else like this?  Mac
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 12th, 2004, 11:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Cluster headahces are notorious for attacking at certain hours of the day. A lot of CH heads can pinpoint almost exactly when they will get them (to the hour). I think this MIGHT have to do with CHs connection to the hypothalmus.

-Scott
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 12th, 2004, 12:53pm »

I understand timing is common for this.

My query is what times for each one who replies to this thread..

My first were like as if set on a timer at 6:30PM sharp, and then are moving both forward and backward in time to 5PM and 11 PM.

The learning curve I am riding is fast and all up just now..

I have leaned alot in a few hours right here. Finding I am not alone has angered me. I am something of a thing to deal with when angered..

I have no anger for a living soul here, but I do for this affliction.

Sooner or later I will come to understand what the cause is, and the sooner I do the better.  Mac
IP Logged

Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #6 on: May 13th, 2004, 6:15am »

Good luck on finding the cause Mac. You might want to go ahead and enroll in some sort of anger management program though.  laugh
Read up on Dr. Peter Goadsby's research. He's come the closest so far in coming up with ANY answer.

As far as timing goes, it changes, at least for me. I'm pretty sure you'rs will too. Just wait till they start coming primarily at night and you go weeks without sleeping. That's when I get angry! Angry

For me, they alway get worse, longer and more often as the cycle goes on till it's unfuckingbearable, then one day all of a sudden *POOF* they're gone. Smiley Till the next time.... Sad
IP Logged

Chris
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 13th, 2004, 1:56pm »

Well, not trying to insult you Chris, it seems as if I have started these at the end of a cycle, or I am not ready to believe these can get any worse than they are.

So please excuse me for my tude' and believe I am not angery with a one of you.

Thank you for the tips to search. I will investigate that, and still work on my ideas as best I can.

The very worst I can do is fail right?

I admitt I have a lot of learning to get done, and from the begining. Comes under Know thy Enemy. I have no choice do I?

Once again I would request the apx times anyone replying to this thread has come to find their pattern is.

As I said mine began at 6:30 to 7 pm, then changed to closer to 11 pm, then went to 5 pm.

Last night was a no show. Tonight remains a mystery.

I am not sure, but I think I have a shadow now..

Oh a wee note: I am not after anyone here, or trying to be the tuff guy of all tuff guys.  

I am a 52 year old Northern Yankee lad, maybe even a hick. I think we are about all like me. I am willing to meet anyone I can reach and speak the same way I do face to face... My bet is we would all get along fine.

I am used to taking care of me and mine for all the needs I have. I can't think when I have hired help for much of anything. I sure don't mean to come acroos as mean and or angery with any persons here..

I am angery with the affliction, and I am ever so sure that shows.. Please don't put that before me, and or take it personal. There is only one real reason we are here, and unfortunatly I have become aware of that myself.

Had anyone asked me last week what CH means, I would have just said Huh?  Mac
IP Logged

rbmb
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 13th, 2004, 3:57pm »

Mac,
     I share your frustration........my HAs have been coming in the evenings, but they are all over the map, at 11pm, 7pm, 1am, 8pm, sometimes just one a night, sometimes one with a 3 hour break followed by two more an hour apart, sometimes three about an hour apart.....no way to predict it.
         Rich
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 13th, 2004, 5:02pm »

rbmb, Thank you for that info..

Sunday night I had 3 each was 1.5 hours and the space between was 1.5 hours. Needless to say I wasn't in a grand mood after #3.

Because I took this as sinus infection OR something, I failed to keep a log, but that has changed for me..

Perhaps it is just being new to this game, that I think I can do something, or find something..

There sure is no reason to not try right?

I wonder if any one gets these as a morning event, or mid day?

Most of what I read leads me to believe it is more or less evening times for everyone. I have not been here long enough to have read everything, far from it...

Probably I will be asking dumb questions for some time to come.  Mac
IP Logged

Wendy1
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 13th, 2004, 9:45pm »

I remember when I first started cluster... 20 some yrs ago.  They were always predictable... night time ONLY, after I fell asleep.  The past 5 yrs or so, I too have found them coming at odd times, which really makes me mad.  I find that if I'm lying in just the right (make that WRONG position) I can trigger a h/a just like that.  When I'm in a cycle that is.  I also have them during the day also.  This is where/when you REALLY have to watch your triggers... heat, processed foods, ANY alcohol.. etc.  ABSOLUTELY NO alcohol till you're for sure, sure they are gone.  WHAM!!!
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: May 14th, 2004, 4:50pm »

Wendy1, I got in my hot truck which had been is the sun windows closed, and got that warning sting.

I had to wonder.. The Ch failed to develope, but maybe because i was retuning my welding O2 tank and took several breaths of it before I loaded the tank.

Just now I am only learning about the triggers.. I can see i will have to think some beofre I just do things.

As I took these Ch's to be sinus infections and or pollens in new leaves here in NH USA, I forgot about when these CH's first came i had been stung by a hornet at that time.

Normally a hornet just ticks me off about as bad as I tick it off.. All forgotten in 15 minutes or so..

But this time there was a mild infection at the sting site, and it itched for 10 days... Still I thought nothing of it.

I have been sting by hornets, yellow jackets, bee's and the demon white face wasp. That White Face Wasp packs a punch, but the others aren't so bad...

But now i wonder if that was the trigger to bring me to this new life adventure?

In truth I have no idea if it could even be connected.

All I know was I was wrong about the sinus infection, and have CH suddenly..

I had an attack at 11 sharp last night, but armed with info and O2 ideas much better that I was guessing, I beat that attack as it began and never suffered hard.

I have superpain the member here to thank for the advice that worked for me last night.. Mac
IP Logged

BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #12 on: May 14th, 2004, 6:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Rich,

Cluster Headaches will definately make you go crazy at times. There is no rhyme or reason as to when and where the Beast will hit. For me, a cycle is like a bell curve almost. Start out 1 or 2 a day. Pretty predictable. Then you get to the middle. THE BIG KILLER STAGE. Now you get 3 to 5 a day any time any place anywhere. Then slowly you come down to being pretty predictable without a lot of time fluctuations as to when the appear.  

ALCOHOL is a big NO NO. At the end of your cycle you will still have constant shadows. They remind you that it's NOT over yet. Do NOT drink until those shadows dissappear.  

Good Luck and PF Vibes your way.
IP Logged
Wendy1
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: May 14th, 2004, 8:38pm »

Mac_Muz...  Next to alcohol, and falling asleep, heat is my #1 trigger.  However, if I can catch it soon enough and get out of the heat before one is full blown I can be ok.  That is why I HATE summertime cycles, because I live at the beach.  I have literally had to run to ER in my beach coverup before!!!  

I have found that all the triggers for migraines, are usually triggers for a cluster headache when in a cycle.  All the things they tell ppl with migraines to stay away from, cheese, processed foods, red wine, chocolate, you really need to be careful of while in a cycle.

However, when not in a cycle, these items do not precipitate a h/a.

Wendy
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: May 16th, 2004, 3:35pm »

Wendy, Thanks for the triggers...  I hardley ever had any kind of headache ever in my life..

I had a few  I deserved the next day after a tad too much fun maybe, but this is all new to me..

15th and 16th are nuthin's for me. No show, but I have this feeling still behind my eye like a slight pressure.

Very mild, and I almost have to stop and think to check on it.. I am getting lucky, but I don't think it is gone.

It almost is causing guilt to be here. Hell I just made club dues and the damn thing quits?  

Ah no it ain't over til the fat lady sings, and I will just wait and see what else happens..

It might seem pretty odd to most folks here, but I am a bit disappointed. I am not ready for these to quit yet.

I was just getting to Know thy Enemy well. I can't experiment with things if I don't have the pain..

No way to tell what might work..

I don't want to begin to carry O2 tanks all about and I sure can't ride my motor bike with one.

I am not sure I can drive with the pain, and or anything that will stop the pain in a instant.... I mean ride....

I live for ridin a bike in New England summers, when no historical event is taking place...

Now I wonder what else might trigger from a sporting point of view. Perhaps that might best be a different topic.  Thank you...  Mac
IP Logged

Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #15 on: May 17th, 2004, 5:26am »

Ooops. II your other post I thought you were talking about driving a car or truck... No, I wouldn't drive a motorcycle getting hit! Shocked

You wanna feel the pain? Step away from the tank and drop the statdose. Wink  

About the eye... Have you ever tried pressing on it real hard? Mine squeeks, really loud. Still, even out of cycle. I just wonder if anyone elses does.

Let's hope that was your last headache!
IP Logged

Chris
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #16 on: May 17th, 2004, 8:55am »

Superpain
Nuther no show.. I have a rather dull pain where the PAIN should have been last night.. What I have now is a 0.05 on the kip scale. I can tell it is there but it ain't nuthin at all.. I can't reproduce the squeek..

I might try some O2 in this little nag and see what happens to it..

I am noticing not many will reply to me. Am I a fool, have I done something? Is it that one must clear a passage in time to be counted?

Maybe because I was overly angery I caused something? I was not angery with any member, just the pain.  Well off to see my sport thread..  Thanks for the replie(s) Mac
IP Logged

Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #17 on: May 17th, 2004, 4:11pm »

I don't think you've done anything.... We're a pretty hard bunch to offend. I wouldn't worry about it. Wink
IP Logged

Chris
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #18 on: May 17th, 2004, 4:38pm »

Mac My first clusters started in July. July 13th to be exact. For 2 weeks I got them at 3pm only. Then I started getting hit at 3pm, 8pm and 3am. At that point I went to the doc because I thought I was just having a migraine that I just could not kick.  I was told that I "Could not have clusters because I was a women. But it sure sounds like Clusters."  Got a second opinion that pretty much said the same thing.  Then the HA ramped again. 3am, 6am, noon, 5pm and 9pm or 11pm.  This stayed until the end of Oct and I got a whole 12 day PF.  Then it hit harder then before. I go up and down between 3 to 5 a day.  And few and far between are the days that I dont get hit at all, it is usually just varying degrees of Kip.  Now after almost a year of GP's and Pain mgmt docs, a cat scan and MRI (which both showed nothing, except an infection in my right sinus cavity, well duh I've had bronchitis for 8 weeks) and finally get to see a neuro.  Hoepfully I can finally get O2 and have some meds changed out because the GP's dont know enough about it and are scared to switch out my meds even when I bring them documentation that shows they are used to treat CH.  

On my own, I take meletonin 12mg at night, Valerian Root and B.  With this combo the evening hit I can usually feel the shadows but rarely does it make me rock or pace. Wish they lasted long enough for me to see if the 3am one could be reduced.  That is a killer one.

Good Luck, I would prefer to take natural remedies. I think that is where ClusterBusters have the right idea.   And there are other herbal remedies that are supposed to help, it is just a matter of getting your hands on them.  

PF Wishes
-Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #19 on: May 17th, 2004, 5:53pm »

Tia, You don't need a doctor to get O2.. I have welding tanks and use that.. I can't go luggin a 4'6" tall tank around any too easy, but it is the same stuff ...

Anyone can lease a tank... You would need a regulator, and some tubing to fit... Superpain set me straight on the how to parts... That works for me..

Probably a doctors prescription even costs more that just getting this on your own..

You could buy your own smaller tanks, but see if the welding shops can refill them.. If not then a lease is the way to go..

I do a 3 year lease plan for O2 and Acetalene for $150. 50 bucks a year isn't to bad on the old wallet....

I'ld like to know all there is to know about herbals and naturals ... I am not into shrooms for getting high and can't get the shrooms anyway, but if I could and I found they could work and leave Me in Controll of myself I would consider it..

I like riding a motor bike and tanks are not much of a option should the time change on me. heavy duty drugs are a option, but I would prefer the lighest dose of a natural thing to anything else.

I am messin with my clock... Going to bed far earlier than normal, and getting up earlier too.. Changing foods I eat, and anything I can do to change from the life I lived before. I am adapatable anyway.

Maybe some of this is working for me, and maybe the demon is sneaking around looking... Maybe I gave it a good run for the money.... Dunno yet...

With Superpains advice I have stopped one of these Ch's before it got to happen.

Where does one get meletonin? And should I be wary of the sun if I take that?

I would guess Valerian Root  is from a herbal store/natural foods, but how to you deal with that?  

Drinks? add to food? Just eat it as a stand alone?

General Patton had a sail boat called the When and IF, and like that boat I want to be ready....  Mac

IP Logged

wannascream
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #20 on: May 27th, 2004, 2:54pm »

mac, you didn't offend anyone, I am sure.  We all are angry at this demon and ever once in awhile, we have to let loose.

I am a newbie,too, with few replies, but the people who HAVE responded (including YOU, by the way) have been very helpful and supportive.

Hang in.
IP Logged
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #21 on: May 27th, 2004, 7:09pm »

Little update.. I killed 2 heads now with 02... 2 with Imtrex to see if and how that worked.. That worked but I didn't much like the first 6mg's dose.

The next one was killed with apx 2mg's or a 1/3rd as best I can guess..

I had a bunch of false warnings, and then not much going on..

I figured a beer test was in order, and that cause more warnings, but no CH..

I guess this makes me episodic huh?

Now come Memorial Weekend and I have to be away and I have to wonder IF I can play....

I do Rondevouse 1800-1840 this time and it is nice to have a cold one looking into a camp fire. Problem is no 02 can be had there any too easy..... Hmmm..  Mac
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss