Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 2:56am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What about these symptoms? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   What about these symptoms?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What about these symptoms?  (Read 339 times)
wannascream
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

What about these symptoms?
« on: May 24th, 2004, 1:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

[smiley=huh.gif]I just found this site two days ago, and I am so happy to know what it is I have and that there are others...My internest has been treating me for migraines for a year, but has been limited in what he can give me because I have BP and heart issues.  For example, Imitrex is a BIG no-no for me.

I have two questions about symptoms:  Between episodes (right now I am 3 days PF), the left side of my face still tingles some and has a very slight pressure.  Not really painful, but definitely there.  Anyone else?

Also, sometimes the pain feels like a deep burning that runs from my jaw to over my eye, focusing on the ear and cheek areas.  Again - what about that?

Thanks so much for being here.  Just being able to put a name to this horrible thing that has invaded my life is somewhat of a relief.

Barb
IP Logged
floridian

Email

Re: What about these symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: May 24th, 2004, 2:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yes to both.  I have had clusters where the pain creeps down the jaw into the teeth.  Also, the nerve to the eye takes time to recover after a few headaches.
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 24th, 2004, 2:43pm »

*nods* D has had times when he is sore for some time.  And, he has mentioned the burning feeling.

Sorry you're here . . but glad you found the board.  Lots of good info and people to ask questions too.

btw, D had B/P issues and o2 was great . . maybe you could ask your doc about it?  
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 24th, 2004, 3:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on May 24th, 2004, 1:01pm, wannascream wrote:

I have two questions about symptoms:  Between episodes (right now I am 3 days PF), the left side of my face still tingles some and has a very slight pressure.  Not really painful, but definitely there.  Anyone else?

Barb

Happens to me too.... after getting hit hard for a while, the echo of pain remains for a while.
IP Logged
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 24th, 2004, 3:34pm »

yes to both for me too.  sounds like oxygen would serve you well...read the oxygen link on left.

good luck!

Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

finding ways around something becomes a circle

« Reply #5 on: May 24th, 2004, 4:08pm »

Indeed, usualy mine are consistant but a few times, it starts at the very top of my left temple, and excuciatingly moves down slowly to face, nose (spout) and then to teeth and jaw. These are preferred by me only because it changes and moves around, at least it is different......
IP Logged

"GOOD, BAD, I'M THE GUY WITH THE GUN." -Ash
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: May 25th, 2004, 5:24am »

Hi Barb.
Click on this
http://www.clusterheadaches.org/library/general/trigeminal_pic.htm
The trigeminal nerve is the orange colored one. If you follow it you'll see it has branches to the eye area, the nose and down to the teeth/jaw. It can hurt along any or all of these branches.
Welcome to the board.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Samantha_Smith
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 25th, 2004, 2:04pm »

I used to get tingles but not any more.  My right inner ear for many, many months constantly felt like someone had  poured gasoline in it and set it on fire.....so yes, the "burning" thang is very common.
IP Logged

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss