Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 6:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Oxygen »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Oxygen
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Oxygen  (Read 250 times)
wannascream
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Oxygen
« on: May 24th, 2004, 3:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I cannot get in to the neurologist until 7/21.  In the meantime I would like to try oxygen.  Do I have to have it prescribed for me or can I go to a medical supply or how?  Thanks for any info.

Barb
IP Logged
k9n8
New Board Newbie
USA 

finding ways around something becomes a circle

Re: Oxygen
« Reply #1 on: May 24th, 2004, 4:04pm »

I had to have it prescribed by my Neuro, but it was cheap to pick up. Make sure and get non-rebreather, the other mask did nothing for me
IP Logged

"GOOD, BAD, I'M THE GUY WITH THE GUN." -Ash
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 24th, 2004, 4:22pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

It's worth a try:  call the doc and ask that an oxygen script be called in for you (worked for me)

home medical supply stores can supply the oxygen, regulator and masks.

be sure to click the oxygen link here to get the information you need.... ask the doc for what you need rather than expecting him/her to know.

jmho,
Lizzie
IP Logged
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #3 on: May 24th, 2004, 4:52pm »

You do need a script for it. If you can't getyour regular doc to prescribe it and don't want to wait until the end of July, you can use Welding Oxygen. I use welding O2 and have for a couple of years I guess. I went to a welding supply shop, bought a big tank for $55, bought a regulator for $100.  They refill the tank whenever I want for $18. Then went to a medical supply shop & bought some NON REBREATHER masks (thats a big key to it working properly...non rebreather) for 2-3 bucks apiece. Been aborting 80-90% of attacks ever since. OH what a feeling! They fill Medical 02 & welding O2 tanks from the same source so it's the same shit.
Not suggesting you do this just telling you what i did. Worked for me and others I know...
Good Luck!
Kev
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
Superpain
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

GOT O2!?

« Reply #4 on: May 26th, 2004, 3:20pm »

Works for me too...
IP Logged

Chris
Mac_Muz
New Board Old Timer
USA 

new hampster "eat seeds or die"

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 26th, 2004, 8:05pm »

Being new to this but a metal worker I have O2 and it works right from the torch grip... I even think I like the cutting head better.. More O2 blasted in my mug...

Turning the knob on and off as needed.. A nice new hose is nice.. clean equipment is nicer.

Superpain just above guided me for my first success, and I followed his instrutions to a "T".

The key things which worked for me was counting each breath which is kinda tuff to do at the time, and holding each for 10 seconds or so.. Breathing deeply each time.

I count to past the CH going and end at about 35 breaths.. Of course that takes time, but time well spent if you ask me.

If you begin as soon as you are sure it will be a CH, you can back it rught down and send it to where ever it comes from....Hell I guess.

I still am not sure just exactly what the term shadow means.... Maybe someone will tell me?

Anyway I get a warning sting in my nose... It does not mean a CH will in fact happen however; so I tinker with other things that might work, and when I am sire the CH is going to be a CH I head for 02.

So far 02 works for me... Imitrex pends do as well, but are last ditch for me as they are kinds pricey, and don't make me feel all that well...

I learned here how to use 1/3rd dose which is much better, but still it is last ditch or away from my tank, as a welding tank is too big to carry in bike saddle bags.. Even a bit big in a car and I am not so sure 02 is really car safe.....  Mac
IP Logged

When all else fails read the instructions.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss