Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 5:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Strange symptoms/cluster diagnosis? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Strange symptoms/cluster diagnosis?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Strange symptoms/cluster diagnosis?  (Read 291 times)
Doug2
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Strange symptoms/cluster diagnosis?
« on: May 31st, 2004, 7:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I saw a neurologist several weeks ago after 5 or 6 weeks of a knawing or pressure in different parts of my head. Forehead, top of head, especially behind ear, in ear, jaw, and around eye and at top of cheek. It would come and go. Be there on and off one day and not the next. Not really a headache though the whole event was started by a headache.

The doctor asked about my iniaital headache that lead to these symptoms. It was what I thought was a normal headache everyone gets. Knawing around head preceding the onset of a sharp 3 or 4 hour headache with watering eye and nose.  Almost always happens on a weekend and something I've had (6 or 8 time/year) for decades. In my case, while a specific episode will be on the right or left side, the headache can come back on the opposite side next episode.    

He sent me for scans and all were negative. Diagnosis was cluster headache -I've had one (with the watering and sharp pain) since.  

Reading the net info, I can't find anything about this knawing/pressure/stichy feeling that I get sometimes in between the outright cluster headaches. Again, it does not become a headache and moves all around on those occasions when it occurs. Is that part of the symptoms anyone else gets? Alsao, when I shake my head from side to side failry swiftly, I will sometimes feel a localized knaw/stich. Two hours later it will completely change location. Then two hours later it won't be there. Too weird, but you find yourself starting to obsess a bit.
« Last Edit: May 31st, 2004, 9:12pm by Doug2 » IP Logged
wannascream
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Re: Strange symptoms/cluster diagnosis?
« Reply #1 on: Jun 1st, 2004, 12:37am »

Between clusters I always have a gnawing pressure in my head.  Sometimes they are sharp pains on other parts of my head.  They come and go, but I am never pain free.  The side where I have the headaches will sometimes be sore for days after.  This is an ugly demon, but, by the symptoms you describe you do indeed have CH.

Hang in there.  The people here are great and will help if they can.

Barb
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 1st, 2004, 2:33am »

IF this is a newly developing cluster situation it's not unusual for the quality of pain and the site to move about your head until "it" settles down into a firm pattern.  

When I was first developing CH, it took about five years before the pattern I have now was firmly established. The site of my pain moved several times for periods of weeks to months.  

So, assuming you have an accurate Dx, I suspect you are having this type of experience.
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

« Reply #3 on: Jun 1st, 2004, 1:31pm »

Sounds to me like these are the SHADOWs you might see us referr too.  Mine are more like a constant low grade pain.  But yeah there is a bit of a pressure sensation also.

Good Luck Man

Good VIBES!!

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss