Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 9:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « clusterheadacheas or other? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   clusterheadacheas or other?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: clusterheadacheas or other?  (Read 236 times)
becky8

Email

clusterheadacheas or other?
« on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 10:24am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I am not sure my headahes are cluster or not, maybe you all can help. I have seen several different kinds of Dr.s. For the longest time I thought it was sinus related but CT scans always show nothing, I was tested for allergies, nothing really. My last Dr. put me on amitriptyline a week ago yesterday. And I do have imitrex pills. Here's how my headahes are, always seem to be on the right side. My ear feels clogged and my neck behind my ear (by my gland) hurts. my eye hurts and my nose only on that side feels like its closing up. Does this sound like a mild cluster? I know as I have read I don't have nearly as much pain as many people here, and I feel so lucky for that, but mine on and on for about a week. Please give anyone knows please let know, and will amitriptyline help at all?
IP Logged
EmpressJMB
New Board Veteran
USA 

No Brain, No Headache

Re: clusterheadacheas or other?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 11:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Sounds like CH.  Pain on one side, clogged nose, neck and ear pain.  I have had CH for since I was 15, I'm now 42.  I can remember in the beginning, the pain wasn't always as severe as it became later.  (although the FIRST attack was because I remember it clearly).  I don't know anything about the med your on now.  I'm just finally getting proper treatment myself.  I was misdiagnosed for years with allergies and sinus, etc...I don't know if you doc is a neurologist but you need to find one who knows about CH before the pain gets unbearable.  Because if it is CH, it will and I would not wish that on an enemy. (except maybe those Islam extremists who keep chopping off peoples heads).  I'm sure you'll get more responses from the excellent people here as the day goes on.  Best of Luck!
IP Logged

...sometimes at night I think I understand. Brother to brother, man to man, face to face, hand to hand, the shadow dance that never ends. Shadow boxing the silent war within...yet again. Weir/Barlow
EmpressJMB
New Board Veteran
USA 

No Brain, No Headache

Re: clusterheadacheas or other?
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22nd, 2004, 11:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Read the "will these get worse" message.  I wasn't aware of CPH.  Maybe that will help???
IP Logged

...sometimes at night I think I understand. Brother to brother, man to man, face to face, hand to hand, the shadow dance that never ends. Shadow boxing the silent war within...yet again. Weir/Barlow
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss