Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 5:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CH and Group Risks »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   CH and Group Risks
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CH and Group Risks  (Read 333 times)
lars
New Board Newbie
Germany 

Meaw!

CH and Group Risks
« on: Sep 27th, 2004, 12:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Are CH people in a risk group of possible future disabiliting brain seizures ? like thrombosis, stroke, tumor, etc?

And are CH people in a risk group of heart faillure?
IP Logged
Ronny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Belgium 

Yabba Dabba Doo

maximus_imperius  
Email

Re: CH and Group Risks
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27th, 2004, 4:40pm »

Hi,

I dont think any side diseases come out of CH, not to my knowledge.

Heart attacks can happen from the abortives, such as imitrex injections. (edit: for people who are in a risk category)

Ronny.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2004, 4:42pm by Ronny » IP Logged

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
Jonny

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27th, 2004, 4:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Well, if we are I hope it hurry's the fuck up....I been dealing with this shit for 30 years

..........................................jonny
IP Logged
toolong
New Board Veteran
USA 

Looking for an answer

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27th, 2004, 6:21pm »

My doctor claims that the CH won't kill me,but all the shit I have to take for them will...... gocrazyDavid
IP Logged

Hey,watch this!I saw it on a cartoon and I think it might work!
alleyoop
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake me up when it's all over.

alleyoop_49  

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27th, 2004, 7:51pm »

on Sep 27th, 2004, 6:21pm, toolong wrote:
My doctor claims that the CH won't kill me,but all the shit I have to take for them will...... gocrazyDavid

Damn good answer!

......................alley Wink
IP Logged

I know that the Good Lord won't put any more on you than you can stand, but sometimes I wish He weren't quite so PROUD of ME!
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27th, 2004, 8:57pm »

on Sep 27th, 2004, 12:10pm, lars wrote:
Are CH people in a risk group of possible future disabiliting brain seizures ? like thrombosis, stroke, tumor, etc?

And are CH people in a risk group of heart faillure?

IMHO, no.

But they do cause things like friendship, humor, support and conventions. And side affects like long distance phone calls, overflow in the in-box and pix of the kids.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
lars
New Board Newbie
Germany 

Meaw!

« Reply #6 on: Sep 28th, 2004, 4:46am »

on Sep 27th, 2004, 8:57pm, BobG wrote:

IMHO, no.

But they do cause things like friendship, humor, support and conventions. And side affects like long distance phone calls, overflow in the in-box and pix of the kids.

Smiley that is the nices answer EVER! thank you Smiley

my CH is about to bump at an time again. My eye's drooling again Sad  .( one week and one day Sad
IP Logged
floridian

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 28th, 2004, 8:11am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Clusterheads have a low heart rate variability (HRV). This is a statistic (like pulse, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc) that relates to heart health.  In particular, clusterheads have a low heart rate variability, which means that our heart rates don't speed up and slow down in response to changing demand.  This is not ideal and does increase heart risk, though I haven't seen anything that states exactly how big a risk this is.

N-3 oils (fish, flax, some nuts) have been shown to improve HRV in studies on non-clusterheads.  Exercise and relaxation therapies are also beneficial.  Those things are Generally a Good Idea, even more so for people with cluster headache.  

Quote:
Ann Ital Med Int. 2003 Jan-Mar;18(1):42-6.  

Heart rate variability in cluster headache.

Tubani L, Baratta L, Giorgino F, Delfino M, Fiore G, Golluscio V, Giacovazzo M.

Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica, Universita degli Studi La Sapienza di Roma.

Eight patients with cluster headache were studied by evaluating the heart rate variability on the basis of 24-hour ECG monitoring performed during attacks (critic periods) to demonstrate if any imbalance of the autonomic nervous system was present and to determine its temporal correlation, if any, with the attack. The same monitoring allowed us to compare the patients' data during headache-free periods (intercritic periods) with those of normal controls. Our investigation demonstrated a severe sympathovagal imbalance during spontaneous attacks: the parasympathetic drive is at once increased at the onset with a mild reduction of the sympathetic drive, and all these modifications slowly disappear at the end of each attack. Comparison of the average low-frequency and high-frequency values during intercritic periods showed a significant reduction in the low-frequency values in patients, even when the low-frequency/high-frequency ratio was normal. This is highly suggestive of the presence of an autonomic nervous system dysfunction.
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

« Reply #8 on: Sep 28th, 2004, 11:34am »

From what i have read suicide is the only long term sideffect.Long term solution for a short term problem.
IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss