Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 16th, 2024, 1:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Frovatriptan »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Frovatriptan
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Frovatriptan  (Read 244 times)
Giuliano
New Board Junior
Italy 

enjoy the silence

Email

Frovatriptan
« on: Oct 1st, 2004, 2:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hy Guys,

I'm writing from Italy and today my doc did introduce me a new pill to pop up before attack.It's new on our chemstry market but I found out on the web this triptan called FROVATRIPTAN has been issued from an Ireland company since 2002.
The tarding lead here is Rilamig and it works as anti-reuptakes 5-HT.
I'd like to know if someone there has never tried it and if the case effectivness and what's improves in triptans scenario.

Tough dilemma?

Hi Yall
Giuliano
IP Logged
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

Re: Frovatriptan
« Reply #1 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 4:04pm »

Yo G--

Tried the Frova a while back and it's a rough triptan on the system. Best effects are 2 - 3 hours after ingestion as it's 12hr half life looks to keep compressed the head & heart veins. Unfortunately, when it gave up its grip I had rebound h/a's no different than if I had tried nothing. Also, you CAN NOT use any other drug abortive as you'll put yourself at high risk for a heart attack or, God forbid, have the capillaries in your eyes compress beyond repair and go blind. (I actually met a gal this happened to, it was horrible)  

IMO there are better things to use for abort/prevent and as I recall those things must have been made with gold here in the US--something like $20.00 per pill.  

bien suerte
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 4:10pm »

Yo G--

Tried the Frova a while back and it's a rough triptan on the system. Best effects are 2 - 3 hours after ingestion as it's 12hr half life looks to keep compressed the head & heart veins. Unfortunately, when it gave up its grip I had rebound h/a's no different than if I had tried nothing. Also, you CAN NOT use any other drug abortive as you'll put yourself at high risk for a heart attack or, God forbid, have the capillaries in your eyes compress beyond repair and go blind. (I actually met a gal this happened to, it was horrible)  

IMO there are better things to use for abort/prevent and as I recall those things must have been made with gold here in the US--something like $20.00 per pill.  

bien suerte
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 8:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I tried Frova at MHNI. It did not help me.  

Still only the Imitrex injections work !

Unsolved
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 9:00pm »

Hello,
 I ran out of imitrex and money and the doc give me samples of frova and relpax, so with no choice I did the frova. No results, what sucked was then I could'nt take anything else and fought through. Statdose is the best for me. Always try to stay in shape so the ticker will handle the trex. Im no chemist but the doc told me the vascular constrictors are similar. The drug Co.s change the molecular structure to get around Glaxcos patent. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it . Hope the info helps
I'm with ya, Keep trying till you find what works for ya.
Peace
BB Cool Cool Shocked
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
crazy_mj
New Board Junior
USA 

SSDD

« Reply #5 on: Oct 1st, 2004, 11:02pm »

Been on Frova
only made me feel like shit with a cluster.
Maxalt
next...it was a hit or miss drug and I was popping it like candy.  Doc pulled me off of it today and now we are on Relpax
.  Same difference so far.... Huh
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2004, 11:04pm by crazy_mj » IP Logged
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Triptans:  

Sumatriptan (Imitrex), Alomotriptan (Axert), Naratriptan (Amerge), Frovatriptan (Frova), Rizatriptan (Maxalt, Maxalt MLT), Zolmitriptan (Zomig, Zomig ZMT), Relpax (Eletriptan).

Unsolved
IP Logged
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 2:42am »

If anyone is in need of Frova...PM me.  It actually has a 23 hour half life.  Didn't do crap for me, though!!  I can't take Imitrex in any form, and Amerge is the only triptan I have had success with.  It takes 2 hours to work, so I either have to get a jump on how bad the night will be or else take it and hope it prevents the next attack!  I love my Amerge though!!! It helps both my clusters and the chronic daily migraine that I have!

The only two triptans that I haven't tried are Relpax and Axert.  For now, I'll stick with my Amerge Smiley

Lizzie Smiley
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss