Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 4:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « anyone use ALCAR / R-ALA?? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   anyone use ALCAR / R-ALA??
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: anyone use ALCAR / R-ALA??  (Read 123 times)
Judo_Tom
New Board Newbie
USA 

Im really glad I found this place :)

TomLikesJudo
Email

anyone use ALCAR / R-ALA??
« on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 8:07am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

this is a quote from a friend on an athletic board:

"3 month study just done in switzerland showed debilitating headaches were cut in half for half of the people who took 100mg of coQ-10 3x a day.

The interesting thing is that they link it to shortage in power reserves of the mitochondria inside nerve cells.

and guess what does that even better than co-crap-10?

r-ALA and ALC! "

some info on r-ala / ala (alpha lipolic acid)

ALA is also one of the most potent antioxidants available. And, when taken with other antioxidants it actually enhances their antioxidant abilities.  

R-lipoic acid is the biologically active form of alpha lipoic acid. It has been called the mitochondrial antioxidant because it is a key component of mitochondrial dehydrogenase complexes. R-lipoic acid is directly involved in cell metabolism and redox states. R-lipoic acid crosses the blood brain barrier, and helps regulate neuronal calcium homeostasis, scavenges a variety of reactive oxygen species (ROS) while recycling vitamins C, E and glutathione. R-lipoic acid has been shown to regulate pro-inflammatory cytokines, and alter the expression of "toxic genes". R-lipoic acid has been used to treat diabetes and has been recommended as a "neuroprotective agent"  

linky:
http://www.smart-publications.com/articles/030203mitoplex.html

excerpt froml link:
 Acetyl-L-Carnitine (ALC) is more potent at restoring mitochondria energy production. The problem is, it doesn't prevent the increase in free radicals that accompanies the energy production. In the long run, this increase in free radicals limits ALC’s potential benefits and will cause more damage to the cell and mitochondria.

• R-Lipoic Acid (LA) is better at restoring cellular and mitochondria free radical protection, and has been shown to restore levels in old animals to the levels found in young animals.  

ok ill stop the infofor now..

IP Logged
Judo_Tom
New Board Newbie
USA 

Im really glad I found this place :)

TomLikesJudo
Email

Re: anyone use ALCAR / R-ALA??
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 8:11am »

i have taken alcar and r-ala in the past for health and athletic performance and they are great supps.. but i never realized  that i never had an attack or a cycle start while on these two supps maybe a coincidence.. maybe not who knows but ill try anything and i already know these supps will help in other ways at least..

does anyone else know about why COQ10 works

also melatonin is a powerful antioxidant and many here take it before bed..  

just thought id throw it out there to see if anyone has experience in this area..  

im not trying to give advice .. i know way to  little about what is happening to me let alone anyone else here but im really trying to learn

thanks
tom
IP Logged
eddie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

PFDAN TO ALL

Re: anyone use ALCAR / R-ALA??
« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:34am »

coq10 is natural  
and it is produced in our body
but the dose i heard was 150 mg a day
i take it in the morning, and its good for
your heart it does not get rid of HA
I never expect it to, but it is good  
for your heart and circulation
magnisium is also good for ya
but no it dont get rid of HA  
PFDAN to all
IP Logged

PFDAN TO ALL>><< http://www.putfile.com/ededearl>>><music> http://www.myspace.com/pamneddie
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss