Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 14th, 2024, 3:16pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Son is coming home tonight! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004 Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Son is coming home tonight!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Son is coming home tonight!  (Read 230 times)
AlienSpaceBabe

Email

Son is coming home tonight!
« on: Dec 14th, 2004, 1:30pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My son Mike is coming home from basic training tonight.

I'm happy I'll be able to see him.
I'm sad that he's coming home because he's coming home to stay. It seems the recruiter omitted some medical information (ADHD and depression) from Mike's file. Once it came to light, he was given a medical discharge and told he can go back in 2 years. I understand that the Army has policies and can't make exceptions, but this sucks (this is part of that really bad day a week or so ago) - it's not his fault... he has to take the consequences of someone else's actions. And yes, they're (the Army) going to discipline the recruiter - as they should do since he screwed up Mike's future.....

So... had a GREAT birthday weekend in NYC, get to see my son tonight, daughter is coming in from Madison just to go pick Mike up from the airport.... things are looking up!

hugs to all,
Lizzie
IP Logged
Jeepgun

Email

Re: Son is coming home tonight!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 1:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Ah... Kind of a mixed blessing. Make the most of it, Dear. Enjoy having him home, and if he chooses to go back in two years, I'm sure he'll whip ass all over Basic Training. Best wishes and happy holidays to you both.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 5:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Bittersweet as Frank says.. but don't dwell on what you can't change just make the most of the good times you can have over Christmas now!
Have a wonderful time - you deserve it!!  hug
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 5:39pm »

Lizzie there are no mistakes in life...  If I had a choice neither son would be in the military.  It was their choice.  Your son will find his nich... and go with that.  Try to keep it positive.  Iraq is not a place for someone with depression... God bless   Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 14th, 2004, 9:45pm »

Be glad you'll have him for Christmas Cuddlepumpkin.

Set another place and enjoy.

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
K-9
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 1:10am »

Glad you'll be spending the holidays together.  Many reasons for many things, might find out, might never find out.

"Everything is as it should be."  -Deepak Chopra
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss