Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 14th, 2024, 7:54am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Update on Laura-Lili.  List of Meds in sep po »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Update on Laura-Lili.  List of Meds in sep po
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Update on Laura-Lili.  List of Meds in sep po  (Read 249 times)
Lili
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Update on Laura-Lili.  List of Meds in sep po
« on: Mar 6th, 2005, 2:16am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone
Went to Neurologist on Monday, they did EEG & I started getting a ch half way through the EEG.   Also did some kind of nerve tests where they physically shocked me to see nerve function between brain & eye, brain & ear, brain & hands etc.   He doesn’t talk much.   But he said that some isolation / insulation in my brain is too thin and that’s causing the mood swings, irritability & depression.  He then gave me a script that will also help with the clusters.  But he wanted to book me into hospital to do a 24hour EEG, check my blood sugar and other blood tests because he said if my blood sugar drops suddenly, it can trigger an attack.  He was also concerned as I had bad co-ordination (failed badly a sobriety test so thank god I was never stopped!).   I picked up the script Monday night and started using the meds, I also used the meds on Tuesday.   I went to hospital Wednesday & Thursday.   They did blood tests, the 24 hour halter EEG, heart test, normal blood pressure & temperature, blood sugar, mri scan etc.   I got a very, very bad ch Wednesday afternoon while in hospital!   The Neurologist spoke to me Thursday night and told me that (I think) the neuro transmitters in my frontal lobe are dysfunctional and they did pick up abnormalities with the EEG.  My cholesterol is high & my blood sugar is also not okay.   So he gave me more meds and said I need to see my Dietician.

But I see now why it was such a good idea to see the Neurologist and Bob, thank you, thank you, thank you for telling me to see Psychologist.   It is unfair what I put everyone close to me through because I didn’t seek help.    And I believe that even though there is now a sound medical explanation for the emotional outbursts, the fact that they happened, the aftermath, I need to process and therefore need therapy.    I cried from relieve when the neurologist told me most definitely there is a medical reason for the moods!     And I’m just thinking that – maybe some of you also has something like this, which is either causing the ch or in addition to the ch.  And I been to a Neuro 11 years ago who diagnosed cluster headaches and each cycle I didn’t see a neuro again, because I thought they can’t do anything for cluster headaches , they aren’t curable.   And that’s true.  But technology changes and modern technology can do things and show things they didn’t know 11 years ago!

I haven’t (touch wood) had a ch since Wednesday.  I’ve had mild shadows Thursday, and that’s it.   I also feel much stronger emotionally.  It’s like my head cleared!   But it’s bad, because now you have to repair all the “sores” you made.   My boyfriend keeps telling me that I should stop apologizing, there’s no need to apologize ‘cos you don’t apologize for things you did when you’re sick, but I wasn’t a nice person to be around!   I will most definitely continue seeing David, the Psychologist.   But this is the first steps to being better and I am glad I am where I am now, rather than where I was last week this time!

I am giving list of meds in separate post ‘cos can’t post long messages.
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Update on Laura-Lili.  List of Meds in sep po
« Reply #1 on: Mar 6th, 2005, 9:36am »

It's such a relief to read that you have found some good medical support and that you're on your way to handling what sounds like several, complex issues. Perhaps, the next few weeks will be demanding on your patience as you adjust medications/doses--but patience will be needed.

The list of meds indicates some for clusters, some for the other issues. At this early stage, I'd encourage you to put your faith on your physicians' guidance/judgments. We are not in a position to evaluate this mix of meds--are they useful or appropriate, etc.

Support we can offer! So keep us informed.  
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2005, 7:43pm by Bob_Johnson » IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Lili
New Board Newbie
South_Africa 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 6th, 2005, 11:39am »

Bob  
I know I said thank you in the post.  But I again want to thank you so much.   A combination of things broke through my stubborness, and you were one.  
Gator - thank you for the links & the logical way you were able to get through to me.
Thank you to EVERYBODY else: Sandie, Sean, Nani and everybody.  This may sound cruel but you guys really made me realize that I need to take the next step, even if it isn't for myself but for the people that care about me.

This site is really most powerful.  And it's the people that makes it so.
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Mar 7th, 2005, 12:55am »

I am very happy that things seem to be turning around for you.  Sounds like you have a good medical team helping you.  It also sounds like your boyfriend is a good supporter.  

You are right about this place.  It has been a life saver for me and so many others.  The knowledge and support I have received has been a blessing to me and I try to repay that by being here for others.

Like Bob said, keep us posted on how things are going.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss