Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 7:25am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Shakes and Shadows »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Shakes and Shadows
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Shakes and Shadows  (Read 291 times)
kimmeesue
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

Shakes and Shadows
« on: Mar 17th, 2005, 11:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm new here but certainly not to clusters.  Somewhere yesterday I read a post where someone said they use 9mg. of melatonin.  I upped my usual 5 after spending the evening waiting for the monster to emerge.  I actually made it through the night only waking up with an occasional "knock on the door".  But this am I have the shakes in addition to the usual shadows...is this a normal reaction to the addition of melatonin.  I'm not talking tremors or anything, just dumping coffee groungs allover the counter and dog buscuits on the floor.  I gues a small price to pay for a relatively peaceful night. Undecided
IP Logged

If I wasn't doing this I'd probably be doing something else.
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

Re: Shakes and Shadows
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 11:21am »

Not that I've ever experienced.  Huh
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 1:49pm »

I take 6 mg / night and ahve not noticed additional shaking, however my typing is dislexic smoetmise  Smiley
I hope it goes away for you as coffee is expensive.
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 17th, 2005, 8:14pm »

You're quite the joker, jokrs2!  

Actually, I've never had problems with 9mg.  It's my usual cycle dose.  But it can leave you with a bit of a hangover.  Maybe that's what you're experiencing.

Just a guess on my part, since I don't know what other meds you might be taking that might cause the shaking thing.

As you said ... a small price for a decent nights sleep.  After all, the dog can eat off the floor as well as from the bowl!

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
kimmeesue
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 19th, 2005, 2:19pm »

Kris...the increase to 9mg has been a real lifesaver.  My son had surgery yesterday involving a 6 hour drive (3hours into the son both ways) which would normally have left me a blubbering idiot last night. Instead I was able to get up during the night and see to his needs.  I also took Tramadol as a preventitive.  I think you are right about the hangover...now on day 4 of the increased melatonin the shakes are much better.  Anyway, thanks much for the info.
IP Logged

If I wasn't doing this I'd probably be doing something else.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss