Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 1:16am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Re: Afraid to go back to the doctor! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2005 Cluster Headache Specific Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Re: Afraid to go back to the doctor!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Re: Afraid to go back to the doctor!  (Read 295 times)
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

« on: Jul 9th, 2005, 6:07pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Well I do not know if you can find a different Dr, that will understand.

But I have been to 4 different Dr's in the last 3 wks. The last Nero Dr I seen I was not going to go back to, but when I went in they asked which Dr I wanted to see, They asked "The Nero Dr or The HA Dr" I picked the HA Dr and she really understood what CH was and helped me alot. She actually gave me everything  I asked for (O2 Script, TREX Vial Script). She was really nice.

I explained that until I met her I was not going to come back, she told me whenever I come in ask for her and no one else.

What I am tring to say is that you just have to search around and find someone who understands you and will work with you, DO NOT GIVE UP !!!

I am surprised how many Dr's have never treated or seen anyone with CH.  

My Dr said out of thousands of patiants she only has 3 with CH.

Hang Tough !! Fight the Good Fight !! Vent all you can and stay STRESS FREE !!! (It Helps)..

PFDAN to YOU !!!!
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
firebrix
New Board Hall of Famer
New_Zealand 

I must never weaken.

« Reply #1 on: Jul 9th, 2005, 6:29pm »

There are other natural substances which give good results Millie, and you may read all about them here:
  www.clusterbusters.com

IM if you need more input.  
Wishing you happier days.......
IP Logged

"All that it takes for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Jul 9th, 2005, 6:32pm »

Millie the episodic hug

Don't give up on finding a doctor.  You may need to unfortunately be the one to educate your doctor.

Take in some of the information on the left and tell him/her about your cluster family& what you may have found out.   Doctors get flustered when they can't solve your problem with a simple couple of things but they do understand that what doesn't work for one might or might not for another. If they don't definitly look for another doc.

Find out what works for you.  You need to do that.  I still am looking

Sad thing is that you more then likely know more then they do since it affects you and you are trying to understand your pain.

Quote:
I'm sick & tired of being sick & tired.
I am feeling just like you and I won't deny that one.

Chin up and don't give up ok....PF wishes...Kim
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #3 on: Jul 9th, 2005, 10:10pm »

i will repeat what firebrix said we have alternatives that are proven to help alot of clusterheads me included i was questioning it me self till i came to the point you are at and it was do it or continue to live in hell , so go to clusterbusters and read up there are some great folk the will be happy to answer all your question as there are here as well, its what we do we help family and when ya step the door here thats what you are so hang in there have hope and keep the faith and may you find relief soon.

ERIC T
IP Logged
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jul 9th, 2005, 10:25pm »

ditto firebrix and cazman...
and don't forget Kudzu
good luck
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Topical
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Jul 9th, 2005, 10:36pm »

millie,  

If you are afraid to see the doctor then you must find another doctor. This pain can mix us up and our emotions. I know what you mean about afraid to do things with friends as an attack may come on. It's something that I have just had to live with when in cycle. I hate it too. There will be other times I can be with them.  

Still....there is so much frustration involved. The real you is still there, it isn't going anywhere. The monster will not be taking that away or your best friends. It takes up our free time when we should be living life. Weekends are the worst.  

Get a good doctor and think of ways you can do things with your friends while in a cycle. Phone, IM, online games, watching TV shows while talking on the phone, short visits to their house. Hang tight, you are not alone in how you feel.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #6 on: Jul 9th, 2005, 11:27pm »

on Jul 9th, 2005, 5:43pm, millie the episodic wrote:
But now IT has evolved into this Mean Mofo and I am under attack.  

I thought I was going to die from the topomax. The verapimil drained me. The lithium scared me

The alternative has been mentioned, so I'll forgo that prospect.  The topomax, verapamil and lithium have been attempts at prescribing a preventative, which without an effective one, having to abort each hit will continue.  
  Granted, whenever I take a new medication, it's effects seem more pronounced.  Verapamil works for me and yes, the first go round was a bit of a draining sensation as well as some swelled feet.  This time, it seems as though maybe my system has gotten a bit more used to it, I take more, it works, and the the side effects have diminished.  
  I went many years without finding a proper preventive but had to push past some discomfort to change the constant course that the beast wished to take whenever it felt like it.  The side effects at first were a change, but so were the daily routine hits eventually, they decreased in frequency.
  The next cycle, I was less affected by the side effects and was able to increase the verap to a more effective level with just a little more faith and persistance, but I couldn't continue the way things had been before not having a preventative.
  Melatonin left me groggy in the morning too when I experimented with that, but that also seemed to pass with time, although I don''t use it anymore.  
  Everyone has different tolerances, but my tolerance for the continued hits without commiting to something which might work was a powerful motivator to continue with it to see if it would work.  
  The oxygen might even take a bit of patience too, but doing it right helps.  For me, getting by for years waiting for the Imitrex nasal spray to work HAD to end, and it wasn't going to do it on its own.  
  Taking any abortive as EARLY as possible when a hit is approaching is always best.  In all actuality, the preventatives attempted and the abortives of oxygen and Zomig are much of what a doctor is capable of  
doing, along with seeking the right level of dosage, which you would have a hand in also.
  It sounds like your doctors have been attempting to help.  There are other "non-doctor  approaches mentioned throughout this site, self-education with clusters is everything.  It is good to check with your doctor about them, or alternatively, consult the CB link.

Be brave and seek what will work for you.  Lortabs will fail you, stay pro-active in your pursuit.  Pain can be a mighty motivator, yes, it's a Mean Mofo.  Use this site and stay brave, seek answers.

Kevin M
« Last Edit: Jul 9th, 2005, 11:41pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 9:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
They not only affect my daily life, but they affect my job to.

And the CH dont?

I'd much prefer to ride out the med side effects than the direct effects of CH attacks.

Its a trade off no matter how you look at it.
« Last Edit: Jul 10th, 2005, 9:08am by don » IP Logged
millie the episodic
New Board Junior
USA 

God Bless all CH victims!

« Reply #8 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:22am »

Good Morning All, Wink
It's 8:50am, and I am seeking you because, I am scared to go to sleep. I have just got off 12 hr midnights, after having several jerkers and 2 small episodes at work. HAD to use my zomig, but I waiting as close to day as I could before I did. Shocked
 When I use these I hate to be at work because my job is dangerous, and they do knock me. Cry My doctor say they will not make you drowzy, and you could take it at work, but I beg to differ. Huh
That's my point, for someone to even try to tell me what affects my body does not help me with this shit either. They have never taken it themselves, they don't have a clue. Undecided
After having been up all night, working like a borrowed mule (because you would not work your own in such a way) I am pouring out my soul, via internet, because sometimes I feel like I'm in this world by myself, being stalked by this dark, mean, evil presence that can not be seen by others. But God knows I feel him. I find myself wondering what  it could possibly be, that I have done to deserve this, and then I think it could be worse. I could be CHRONIC! Embarassed
I am going to go back to the doctor, so that I can get back on the verapimil and TRY it again. I just have to way my pros and cons and be prayerful. But let me say this, IT IS HARD AS HELL HAVING TO WORK LIKE THIS!!! But I not only have to work like this, but I have to be weighted down by meds. Does a person ever really know how much they can endure?  Huh
I'm just tired AND "sick & tired", but I know too that I am not alone!!!
Now that my mind if free from that, I think I will give him a run for my money. Lord knows I have spent enough!
See you when I get up. Grin
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #9 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:31am »

Millie...please look into kudzu, psilocybin and LSA.  Smiley
Hang in there. PF wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
KMT
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Fun loving @ heart

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jul 10th, 2005, 10:47am »

Millie, hug

Quote:
After having been up all night, working like a borrowed mule (because you would not work your own in such a way) I am pouring out my soul, via internet, because sometimes I feel like I'm in this world by myself, being stalked by this dark, mean, evil presence that can not be seen by others. But God knows I feel him. I find myself wondering what  it could possibly be, that I have done to deserve this, and then I think it could be worse. I could be CHRONIC!  
 Sweetie I am so sorry that you are being hounded by this beast so much lately.  I wish you PF wishes so very soon and deep restful sleep today.

Being Chronic can't be fun and all I can hope is I am not as well.

Quote:
I am going to go back to the doctor, so that I can get back on the verapimil and TRY it again. Or try Kudzu like Nani suggested.I just have to way my pros and cons and be prayerful. But let me say this, IT IS HARD AS HELL HAVING TO WORK LIKE THIS!!! But I not only have to work like this, but I have to be weighted down by meds. Know what you mean.  I often wish I could just not worry about work but love what I do just hate the residents to see the hell we go through.  Your a strong person and are doing a great job even with the pain.  Beat the beast don't let him beat you.Does a person ever really know how much they can endure? None of us know Millie,  but us Clusterheads have to be the strongest to endure so much and continue day in and day out.  
IP Logged

aka...................................................... KimY
millie the episodic
New Board Junior
USA 

God Bless all CH victims!

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11th, 2005, 5:54pm »

Well I made it through work last night, had a bad one a thought I was going to have to leave, but I stayed and let my co-workers look at me like fools and keep asking "Are you alright, is there anything I can do, are you going to be alright.
I think that they care, but they just don't know.
After I had to take the zomig, wait 10 mins, run to the bathroom to puke and pee (at the same time, why it that) I finally started feeling some relief after 30 mins or so, then God blessed me with daylight, I had made it through another shift. Embarassed
When I got home I took my ambien in hopes of getting some much need sleep. I think the BEAST started laughing and calling his friends as soon as a put the pill in my mouth, because about 1 1/2 hrs after sleep came , They wanted to dance and I felt like I had many different partners. At least that is what my mind tells me. Tongue

I've had 2 attacks today, and am just coming out of the third and will be going to work in a hour. So much for REST or sleep. Am going to the neruo tomorrow, maybe she will be kind, I give up on understanding, just help if you can, PLEASE. Undecided
I thought about hooking up a tense unit (used for back pain) My thought is to blast the bastard back. This could be the pain talking, but it sounded good to me when I thought it. laugh Well it's off to the shower to see if I can wash these headaches down the drain! Kiss
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss