Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 6:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « For The 2nd Time In 6 Months... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   For The 2nd Time In 6 Months...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: For The 2nd Time In 6 Months...  (Read 302 times)
B14CK5H33P
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Circa '92

WWW Email

For The 2nd Time In 6 Months...
« on: Dec 7th, 2006, 10:36am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Madison County, IL has been declared 'a disaster area'. Between us and St Louis, we had about 500'000 people without power, and as of 10pm last night, 30'000 people STILL don't have power as a result of last weeks massive ice storm. I guess I was one of the lucky ones, as I didn't lose power through the whole ordeal. The storms in July were wicked and Ameren workers who worked in NOLA after Katrina said we had so much damage from the winds and trees that it was worse than Katrina in some areas. They said we hadn't seen a storm like that in over 50 years, and they just said this ice storm is the worst we've had since 1978-79.  

I did lose my cable line though, which is now back up and running. So, for those of you who tuned into www.satellite11.com on Sunday, you're ears weren't deceiving you. The Soylent Radio Show went off without a hitch; but it also went on without me. Since my cable was out, and we had promoted the show to the hilt, we knew that there would be a good size audience tuning in, so Ian Baird (God bless 'em) covered the ENTIRE 12 hours for me, and streamed it as "Soylent Radio sans Mack Danger" and explained throughout the day what had happened with the ice storm, and had me on at 9:30pm for an interview about the show, what had happened here and in Greenville, IL (where he is located) and of course my favorite topic: music.  

So, I am just staying busy with ripping MP3's to the harddrive after cleaning about 20 gigs of music off of it. I am trying to load about 12 gig into the system, and so far am up to 7 gigs. I have been pouring through my music collection and a few friend's catalogue, and won't be hurting for any tuneage to play on the show. In fact, right now I am drowning in music.  

One thing I am happy about is... since I went back on Frova I am down to 1 - 2 attacks in a 24 hour period again. While getting hit infrequently rocks, when I do get hit I get blasted! It still beats getting hit 10-15 times in a 24 hour period. That made me a very unhappy camper and very irritable.  

I'm doing okay now though. Just keeping busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. I still have alot of prep work to do for this coming Sunday's show, and once I have all of it out of the way the show should go smooth sailing, provided no gremlims pop up.  

Peace,
Carl D

Listen to my show this Sunday from noon til midnight at www.satellite11.com

Add us at Myspace:  www.myspace.com/satellite11
IP Logged

My show is Sundays from 7pm - 1am eastern on www.wildbunchradio.com

Reality Is For Those Who Lack Imagination - Ken Olsen (R.I.P.)
Won't give up it wants me dead, Goddamn this noise inside my head -NIN
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: For The 2nd Time In 6 Months...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 7:30pm »

on Dec 7th, 2006, 10:36am, B14CK5H33P wrote:
The storms in July were wicked and Ameren workers who worked in NOLA after Katrina said we had so much damage from the winds and trees that it was worse than Katrina in some areas.

Worse than katrina?........LMMFAO!!!! Grin

Your kidding, right?
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 9:33pm »

He kids you not, Jonny.  The only difference was the scale.  There was more damage per capita in Madison Co than in Louisiana.  It was just concentrated in one county.  

jc
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
floridian

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 7th, 2006, 9:57pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Yeah, my dad was without power for 3 days - no heat is no fun. Power came back on for a few hours, went out again for a day. I think he has thawed by now.  Half the trees in my old neighborhood shattered from the weight of the ice.
IP Logged
CynthiaB
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 2:39am »

Huh

I still don't know how to do those quote box things.

And I'm still working on the katrina damage at my house.
IP Logged
kimmiedawn81
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stuck in the middle with you!

kimmiedawn8199   kimmiedawn21

« Reply #5 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 10:14am »

I also live in Madison County, but luckily never lost power.  My fiance did, for about 3 days.  I couldn't get into my car, but oh well, not a big deal.  The night of the storms, all I could hear was limbs breaking off right next to my window, because of the ice.  It was a pretty bad storm, but I don't believe that it was worse than Katrina, by far!
IP Logged

JDH
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

We will get by, We will survive!

simnjue2u
Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 8th, 2006, 10:39am »

I think Carl was refering to the storm we had in July that the guy was comparing to Katrina. It was a nasty storm for sure with lot's of trees down and a lot of folks lost their power for up to a week but I don't think it could be compared to a hurricane. The ice storm we had last week was also pretty bad and again a lot of people lost power but it's almost back to normal now.
Sure seems like we have a fragile electrical system here. Does anyone else experience regular power outages everytime a storm comes through?  

Jim
IP Logged

9-11-01, to remember is to honor.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

ECH established 1985
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss