Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 8:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « weathering a storm »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   weathering a storm
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: weathering a storm  (Read 359 times)
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

weathering a storm
« on: Dec 17th, 2007, 1:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Did you all get thru this last storm ok or are sum still gettin it ? Amazeing how bad it got here in Ohio FAST !!! I took a quick trip to town with a plan to go 4 hours before the first flurry was to fall. I was only in the store an hour and came out to a winter blizzard already in process.....and it was TERRIBLE out ! I don't go out in bad weather and drive !!!! And now I have a small little car again which I've not tried out yet in icey weather. No salt trucks or anything had been by yet....sloped areas to use ALL the store exits back onto the main drag so I picked one with no other traffic so I didn't slide into anyone. Got onto the main drag and slid across all the lanes slamming into the curb head on towards a big metal sign....hit the curb and jumped it into the grass an INCH from that dam sign !!!!! I was lucky I could back up and get out of oncomeing traffic's way and not get slammed again !!! Bumper to bumper all the way home thru town the LONG flat way....was not goin to even try my steep as hell hills here to get home. I cried all the way home it was so bad and I am such a WUSS to bein out in this crap !!!! Wah is me Pam

Hope no one got stuck out in it.....I got no cell phone and Brad was a long ways away at a sale......I was so glad to get home !!!!!!!! (minus a few NERVES)
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

Re: weathering a storm
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 2:01pm »

We made it through fine, but there are STILL people in Oklahoma City and Tulsa that have no power, these guys are working their asses off from 5 different states to get us all back up, we lost ENTIRE 100 year old trees here at our office complex, all those birdies' and squirrels' winter homes were demolished...now we'll be having them over for Christmas dinner, 'cuz I'm told they will seek shelter WHEREVER they can find it...even in your house....eek!  OH not to mention the baby boom Oklahoma will see in about 9-10 months from now.... Wink
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 5:30pm »

We made it through our last snow fall on Sat. night.  I don't worry to much about driving in it as long as I am in my husbands 4 wheel drive pickup truck.  I am more worried about getting my dear hubby to get the snow off the roof before it caves in on us.  Dont really think that will happen but better safe than sorry.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
KingOfPain
New Board Hall of Famer

Disgusted!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 6:53pm »

Tulsa [colored areas without power].
The areas shown are a considerable amout of Tulsa.

Glad you are ok cootie!
I am glad to see you 'round here again too.  Smiley

Hi Brad.   wave
IP Logged

Arrived August, 1999.

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.
- Denis Diderot
Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends. - Euripides
Melissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Gone Crazy. Be back soon.

« Reply #4 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 8:14pm »

holy shit, i think i just went blind
IP Logged

DON'T WORRY ABOUT NOTTIN - NOTTIN IS ALRIGHT

My mosaic Crosses on Etsy: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5494187
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 17th, 2007, 8:47pm »

It was just great and more to come. God, I love it.  

The bus driver and I maintain that it's only us geezers with gray hair that aren't afraid to come out in the snow. They closed the schools again. Weenies.... Roll Eyes

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 9:37am »

*Snow*, what's that  Grin?
IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

Mosaicwench
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Find joy in your day

WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 9:53am »

This is my back yard (with paths cut for our short legged dog to get our into the yard.).  We have something like 20 inches of snow on the ground and more coming Thursday and Saturday.

We've had to rake our roof to keep the ice dams manageable.  We're not alone in that, though.  All the houses here have ice damming to some extent.

Another day in paradise.
IP Logged

The difficulties of life are intended to make us better, not bitter. ~Author Unknown
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:33am »

I still haven't been out since that last storm I got caught out in the middle of.....I need to get to town again.....lost interest and it didn't make my unjoyous holiday attitute any better either. I drive a cobolt now.....cute as hell little yellow car.....but driveing on slick roads feels like driveing an empty milk jug full of rocks being tossed across a frozen lake. I miss my truck !!!! But I went for economy......almost afraid to go out again. Good grief I don't need any new quorks as it is.....ha-ha. Why didn't the salt trucks get out on the roads when this storm was approaching....esp where I was at with all the stores and holiday shoppers....you'd of thought they'd of made a quick swipe of that main road which is dangerous enuff clear !! I'm sure the city had better INSIGHT on how fast the storm was comeing and how bad it was to of gone out to salt roads and main drags before the shopper mania hit the areas. I mean the plazas were PACKED on both sides of the road. Lost a bit more faith in the road crews also. I never thought I'd be able to make it home it was so slick....figure'd I'd end up in a mass pileup stuck in the cold. And a big bill to fix my car !!!!! Fear of slideing Pam

Also....our power goes out ALOT here at home....even when nice out....so I was worried about that also. It was just out for 10 hours cuz the new sub station had issues AGAIN....was out three days in summer and lots more inbetween. Doesn't have to be BAD out !!
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:39am by cootie » IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 10:59am »

Ya'll stay safe. It's just cold here -- water well tank freeze up if we don't leave a faucet running, but so far electricity hasn't gone out more than a few minutes at a time.  

My heart goes out to those of you in OK. We went thru that a few years back and I don't think I've thawed out from that experience yet.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss