Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 10:26pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « PC Holiday Greeting gone to far??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   PC Holiday Greeting gone to far???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: PC Holiday Greeting gone to far???  (Read 412 times)
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

PC Holiday Greeting gone to far???
« on: Dec 18th, 2007, 11:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

rofl  You have to see what a guy from work sent out.   Sad thing is I dont know him well enough to know if it is a joke or not.  

Please accept, with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral, celebration of the winter solstice holiday(s), practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion(s) of your choice, or secular practice(s) of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all, or any combination of the aforementioned...

...and a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only country in the hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, mail client, default Unix shell or sexual preference of the wishee.

Sincerely, Jody

DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTABILITY:
 (By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms).

This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal and is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

The color(s) of this greeting has no bearing on anything whatsoever and is purely arbitrary given the limited selection of colors and tones available to choose from within the software used to prepare this message.

IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: PC Holiday Greeting gone to far???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 11:54am »

I work for the county, this greeting will now be posted on the door to my office. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!  

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 11:57am »

That's the funniest thing I've seen this year. I LOVE IT! (and will probably use it -- I only plagurize when needed).  

Actually I have a guy who took offense at my "greetings" this year and I think I'll send this to him - he was an a$$ in school and hasn't changed much. This should be "sterile" enough for him. (Ok so I got mad at his little note he sent me - I think it was a payback from a threat I made in high school, but still it ticked me off!)

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Maffumatt

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 12:54pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!  

Not as much effort, but its from the heart..........
IP Logged
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 1:02pm »

I printed out pictures of Santa Clause to put as cards on our goodie baskets for our clients, and I'm worried sick about it....I'm so worried I'll offend a client...
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Screw em!  I paid for the damn thing....
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 1:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

ATTA GIRL!

Someone suggeted I change the name of the kids Christmas Party this year to Holiday Celebration. Screw you! This is my gig and its a CHRISTMAS PARTY! Complete with Santa, riendeers and elfs.

Want a Kanwza Party? YOU do it and I'll help.
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 1:32pm »

Walked in the local bakery the other day and saw a cake that said, "Happy Birthday Jesus".  Did my heart good ......... even though it was probably for an illegal alien.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
M.R.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

kasper4157
Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 2:37pm »

Quote:
Walked in the local bakery the other day and saw a cake that said, "Happy Birthday Jesus".  Did my heart good ......... even though it was probably for an illegal alien.

LMAO!

Mike
IP Logged

Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer a unlicensed pharmacist..
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 6:12pm »

Maybe it's time for us in the SILENT MAJORITY to quit being SILENT .... I'm sure not --

MERRY CHRISTMAS Ya'll.... and if you celebrate something else Merry That too....

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Miz_D
New Board Junior
USA 

Me and my amazing hubby Steve

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 18th, 2007, 7:31pm »

Too funny! I'm going to send that to all my friends and give them a chuckle too  laugh
IP Logged

My disabling chronic illness is more real than your imaginary medical expertise...
Donna_D.
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

OUCH needs volunteers

smileyone1968@yahoo.com  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 2:37am »

My boss overheard me telling one of our customers "Merry Christmas".  I was advised that I could be marked down on my quality scores if our National Quality representatives observed me using "that language" and a low score could ultimately affect my quarterly bonus.  Whatever.

I smiled at her, told her that I am a Christian and that I celebrate Christmas, and advised her that if I were to be penalized for using "that language" that I would consider it discriminatory and that I would be sure to take it up with our Human Resources department and the Texas Labor Board.  Mind you, where I work there is NO company policy or procedure in place for "Holiday Greetings".

Needless to say, she hasn't mentioned it again.  I win.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DD
IP Logged

The information contained above is for the expressed use of fellow clusterheads and their supporters. Any misuse of this information by any of my "Ex's" is considered to be creepy and a form of harassment and will be duly noted by the ch.com webmaster Tongue
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 19th, 2007, 12:04pm »

The gals here in the house asked me if I would be offended if they put up Christmas decorations.  My comment was "Why should I be?  Just because I celebrate Yule rather then the birth of Christ does not mean that I would ever think of stopping anyone from celebrating their holidays either.
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss