Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 9:29pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 12 years of chewing the Tylenol »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   12 years of chewing the Tylenol
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 12 years of chewing the Tylenol  (Read 551 times)
Ouch...
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

12 years of chewing the Tylenol
« on: Apr 24th, 2006, 6:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Greetings from the Arctic,

My first time here as I'm currently going through a cycle which has come back from a 2 year vacation. I forgot how awful these things were...We don't have very sophisticated medicare up here and for the past 12 years I dealt with these cluster headaches simply by popping Tylenol and waiting them out. Some useful methods I found to abort some of these, occassionally are to take showers with the showerhead on the most powerful setting and massaging the forehead or simply by waking up and getting out of bed and doing something physical. The thing I wonder about is I always get them in the Spring time and inside my head I always feel a pressure like when you are at a high altitude but different as if it were a liquid that I can feel when I swallow in my ears. Hopefully, this does not sound too odd. I'm just curious if other's feel this too.

IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Re: 12 years of chewing the Tylenol
« Reply #1 on: Apr 24th, 2006, 7:07pm »

Chewing Tylenol is probably not the best thing to do for CH. Using it too much will lead to rebound headaches and it really doesn't do much for higher level CH pain (See Kip scale on lthe left).  Have you taken the quiz on the left?  At this point I'll assume that you have and give you a few pointers.  My suggestion to you is to read all that you can and follow the links on the right to gain insight to the latest treatments, including alternative treatments such as clusterbusters and Kudzuu.  You will also see that there is a specific link for information on Oxygen use as many sufferers benefit from it's use as an abortive with few sided effects.  

I have no experience related to the liquid in the ear, nor do I recall reading anything about that here.  However, hang in there as someone may have had a similar experience and respond.

Meanwhile, tell us more about yourself and situation so that maybe we can lend a hand.  There is much experience here on this site and many folks more than willing to help.

IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 24th, 2006, 8:20pm »

Welcome.  Sorry you had to find us, but welcome.

Regarding the pressure, is it inside your ear or in front of the ear?

If it is inside your ear, it may actually be liquid inside your eardrum and you may need to see a doc or use antihistimines.

If it is beside the ear, it's possible that the pressure sensation may be part of your ramp up before your next pain level and you can use it as a signal when to use your medication.   Liquid tylenol might get in your system faster, and generic nyquil has tylenol and allergy medicine in it.

Have you read up on kudzu.  You can get it on-line and for those that it helps, it seems to cut down frequency & severity.  There are links in the kudzu threads with good information.

Also, water water water - drink drink drink.

Hang in there.

Charlotte
« Last Edit: Apr 24th, 2006, 8:28pm by Charlotte » IP Logged
siskjc
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 25th, 2006, 4:11am »

Hello to all...I have never posted here but have suffered for over 20 years.  I can agree with the shower, I use hot water and it does help.  As for the Tylenol all you are doing is ruining your stomach...
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 25th, 2006, 10:36am »

on Apr 25th, 2006, 4:11am, siskjc wrote:
As for the Tylenol all you are doing is ruining your stomach...

Agree. There are far too many serious side effects for long term heavy use.
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 25th, 2006, 1:40pm »

Do you have any other options?

Charlotte
IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 25th, 2006, 6:03pm »

Welcome but sorry you have to deal with this horror. I like your shower idea. It's not unheard of and anything that kills the beast is fine with me.

I have to agree that Tylenol is likely harmful and for CH, it's like trying to knock out an elephant with a peanut.  
You'll find some good stuff here.  

Stick around and let us know more about you.  

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss