Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 9:55am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Pura Candela »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Pura Candela
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Pura Candela  (Read 226 times)
CandelaPura
New Board Newbie
USA 

>>>TYA<<<

Email

Pura Candela
« on: Apr 27th, 2006, 1:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi, well I don't know how to beggin but I'm 22 and I been having this pain since I was 18 on and off, I never wanted to go to the Doc, well I thougth it will be something bad so I was afraid until the beginig of this month that I was really sick for a few weeks and didn't go away, nothing serious, stuffy nose, cough and more headache, well so my partner beg me to go to the Doc so went and I toll him about my headache and all that, I have never toll anybody just my mom, because si saw several times crying and some other realtive, well he gave the medicine and toll to comeback when I'm better and if the headache persist, so I just went back this wendsday 04-26-06 and I toll him everything that I have felt and everything and just my luck I had an attack, so toll me that I have Cluster Headache, so since yesterday I been reading everywhere in the www about this, I toll my mom yesterday and toll her that the Doc prescribe me Cafergo, so she remember that my grandpa used to take that, so today I called my dad I toll him what is happenig to me and I toll him about the medicine and he said that my Granpa had the CH, OMG so mine is generic, But still Hurst  (,-_-,). and I am in a perdiod of my attaks , I been having them like 10 to 15 times a day for more then a month.  

IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Pura Candela
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27th, 2006, 2:01pm »

Hi Pura, welcome to the club! I am so sorry you have to be here but I'm so happy you found us. The cafergot tablet by itself probably won't help all that much. You need to try and get him to prescribe you oxygen, it really helps a lot of people. I take cafergot to stop my headaches but it only works if I also use oxygen.

You have a lot of reading to do here. You are going to find that doctors don't know very much about these things. It will be up to you to learn and then help the doctor to learn.  Please stick around here and ask lots of questions, so many beautiful people here that would just love to help you. Good luck.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
CandelaPura
New Board Newbie
USA 

>>>TYA<<<

Email

Pura Candela
« Reply #2 on: Apr 27th, 2006, 2:18pm »

Grin  Gracias.!!!
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: Pura Candela
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27th, 2006, 2:32pm »

candela, if you're having 10 - 15 attacks a day, it might not be cluster.  it could be something called paroxysmal hemicrainia.  Same kind of pain but the attacks are shorter in duration.
There is a drug that is called indocin (or indomethacin?) that is almost 100% effective in controlling PH.  Please ask your doctor about it, ok?
All the best to you - I'm sorry you're having such pain. Sad
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss