Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 6:36pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Hello I am new and I am in a cycl of headaches now »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Hello I am new and I am in a cycl of headaches now
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Hello I am new and I am in a cycl of headaches now  (Read 254 times)
CrystalAnn
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Everygirl_28  
Email

Hello I am new and I am in a cycl of headaches now
« on: May 5th, 2006, 12:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all
My name is Crystal to tell you who I am  !Right now I am in te middle of a "cycle" It startedon April 12th this time and I have had 2 headaches everyday and it is really bad I am so upset why do I get them I ask? I have a good life I am married 4 years to a great man he has a hrad time understanding my clusters :?( but he is great Smiley I do not have much stress in my life other than clusters cycles Sad
I have a sweet little chihuahua!no kids just my dog Smiley

I take imitrex but I have no ins and it cost so much I am out now and I pray that my clusters will go away soon..

can anyone help me tell me what I can do any advice is better than none Smiley

Cry
IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

Re: Hello I am new and I am in a cycl of headaches
« Reply #1 on: May 5th, 2006, 1:17pm »

Welcome to the nuthouse, Crystal. Sorry you have to be here.

What to do? There's lots of stuff. Read as much as you can, as most everything has been written.

Read here, it has all the info on meds:
http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

I battle the beast as follows:

Abortive: although trex works great, it's expensive, I can't get enough and causes rebound headaches, and is bad for your ticker, so I use Oxygen. Hi-flow (more than 10 liters per minute) regulator, with a non-rebreather mask. The best one is here: http://www.clustermasx.com

Preventive meds: I've read a lot and my gut (not fact, just my gut) tells me that preventive meds may extend a cycle. I only use Melatonin, 9 mg about 30 mins before sleeping does the trick. You can get it at your local supermarket or pharmacy/walgreens'.

Diet: caffeine kills most headaches for me if I take it early. Strong black cold (so I can chug it) coffee. I stay away from: alcohol, aspartame (equal), citrics, nuts, chocolate, and a couple of other things, as these all will trigger a headache if I am in cycle.

Hang in there. PF wishes.
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 5th, 2006, 1:58pm »

on May 5th, 2006, 12:58pm, CrystalAnn wrote:
can anyone help me tell me what I can do any advice is better than none

Hi Crystal,

Welcome!

You will more than likely get more opinions than you can absorb.  Marlinsfan has some excellent points and I will add that I use Oxygen to abort attacks at 15 liters per minute with a cluster mask.  Prednisone tapers have broken my cycle in the last three years and I use Verapamil at 480mg as a preventive. I alos use Melatonin at 6-9 mg and this has helped me to get more sleep, 3-5 hours, in cycle.

I'm sure many others will chime in, but some have luck with hot and cold showers, ice packs, vigorous exercise, high doses pf caffeine from coffee or red bull, etc, etc.
The bottom line os that you have got a lot of reading to do and feel free ask all the questions that you can come up with.
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
CrystalAnn
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Everygirl_28  
Email

« Reply #3 on: May 5th, 2006, 3:25pm »

Hello
thankyou for some info I do have a question how and where do I find the Oxygen ?  

I have never tried any type of Preventive  meds I may try that I was told by a few people that they cause longer cycles.  

Crystal
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 5th, 2006, 3:31pm »

on May 5th, 2006, 3:25pm, CrystalAnn wrote:
Hello
thankyou for some info I do have a question how and where do I find the Oxygen ?  

Oxygen can be had through any medical supply company, however, if you do not have insurance, you can rent O2 cylinders from a welding supply ompany for much less money.  If yougo the commercial routs, you will have to get your own regulator and a non-re-breather mask..Many of us use he Clustermask
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~tritech2/clusterx/index.html

Lots mor Oxygen info here:
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm

I have never tried any type of Preventive  meds I may try that I was told by a few people that they cause longer cycles.

Everyone has different experience.  The preventives work well for me. You will have to experiment and see what works best for you.
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss