Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 11:00pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « hi,i'm new to the family »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   hi,i'm new to the family
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: hi,i'm new to the family  (Read 177 times)
jeshauber
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

hi,i'm new to the family
« on: May 20th, 2006, 5:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I've had these headaches since I was 19.I was diagnosed when I was 23.I now have just turned 30.Cluster headaches are hard for me to deal with because medication that works for me one year will not work for me the next year.I get them every 13 months and they last me for a month to a month and a half.They start at 9:00 p.m., and last for anywhere from 30 minutes to 8 hours.I have a husband who has a hard time dealing with it when I get them.I am not myself when I get them and yell and scream at everyone around me.I bang my head against walls just to feel a differnt kind of pain.(then end up hurting myself even more.)I get panic attacks a week before I get them because I know what I'm about to go through.I'm begining my season now.Yesterday was my first day.I know they are going to get unbearable tonight and I'm scared to death of what I'm going to be going  through in a few hours.Thanks for listening.Wish me luck tonight.

Yours truly.
              Jessica
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Hello Jessica, and welcome!
« Reply #1 on: May 20th, 2006, 6:09pm »

I'm glad thtat you found us and sorry that yu are going through a difficult time, but I must say that 8 hours has got to be some kind of record for one CH.  Typically they are 15 minutes to three hours each occurring several times a day.  Have youu been diagnosed by a neuro?  Have you taken the cluster quiz on the left panel?  Let us know.  

This is a great resource for CH sufferers with lots of useful inofomation and even better, lots of support from folks who know exactly what you are going through.  Tell us more about your treatments and read, read, read.  I'm looking forward to hearing more abot you.
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
jeshauber
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: hi,i'm new to the family
« Reply #2 on: May 20th, 2006, 6:30pm »

hi rich.thanks for replying to me.I was diagnosed by a nero in Rochester.But, even he didn't know if it was clusters because of how long they were lasting for.It was only one time that I had a headache for 8 hours in 11 years of having them.They usually last me 2 to 3 hours.I can remember the night I had my 8 hour headache.I honestly thought that there was something more than a cluster headache.I'm really having problems with being patient with my doctor and the meds they have put me on.Right now I take verapamil.It lightens the pain a little,but I'm scared because tonight is only going to be my second night this time around,and they get worse with each new night.Hopefully I'll find something soon.
IP Logged
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Re: hi,i'm new to the family
« Reply #3 on: May 20th, 2006, 6:39pm »

Read through this stuff and take ot to your Doc the next time you go:
http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

Also, get some Oxygne as it helps many of us abort individual attacks.  Info here or on the left tab:

http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm

IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss