Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 10:23am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new member »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new member  (Read 253 times)
Sam Rothman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« on: Jun 21st, 2006, 7:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Everyone,
New Member here! I am a 56 year old man living in northern California. I realized a couple of months ago through research I have cluster headaches. I chose knucklehead as my name because the pain resembles someone pushing there nuckles into my skull as hard as they can. I talked my doctor into prescribing "Amerge". One half of a 2.5 mg tablet of Amerge stops the attack dead in its tracks if I can catch it in time. Otherwise I have to take the other half soon after taking the first half. The problem I am having is Kaiser is not happy about paying for this expensive medication. In one way this is a good thing because I got a MRI last week (waiting for results) and an appointment with their headache clinic. I will let you know how it goes. I am very happy to have found you.
Sam
« Last Edit: Jun 21st, 2006, 7:19pm by Sam Rothman » IP Logged
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

Re: new member
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 9:12pm »

Hi Sam, welcome to the nuthouse. I've never heard of Amerge. What's the active ingredient?

Here's a good list of treatments. I swear by Oxygen and Melatonin.

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

PF wishes.
Jose
IP Logged
ShaneM
New Board Junior
USA 

Will someone pull this out of my eye?

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 21st, 2006, 10:00pm »

Hey Sam,
I am new here myself.  Great isn't it?  I am regular on Imitrex for pain.  It knoks em' out in about 5 to 7 minutes.  How long does the Amerge take to work?  What kind of side effects do can you have?

Thanks,

Shane
IP Logged
Sam Rothman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:03am »

"Amerge" is the retail name for naratriptan hydrocloride. I experience no side effects of which I am aware.
IP Logged
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 7:23am »

Hi Sam
Good to hear you are getting some relief.

Here's a link to the side effects of Amerge, hope it helps.
http://www.rxlist.com/drugs/drug-6423-Amerge+Oral.aspx?drugid=6423&d rugname=Amerge+Oral&pagenumber=6

Kind regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 2:40pm »

Welcome to the funny farm, you will not find more sympathetic group of people anywhere.
We all know your pain and will understand any ranting or questions you put out there.
That is why we are here so if you are feeling down or hurting post away there is always someone here to listen and help even if it is just to listen to you vent your frustration.

Matt
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
Charlotte
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 3:32pm »

Welcome aboard, Sam.  Let us know how it goes.  Did you talk the Dr into giving you Amerge for cluster?  My meds say migraine, even though it is for cluster.  I also have Kaiser.

Thank you for the link, Barry.  

Charlotte
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2006, 3:39pm by Charlotte » IP Logged
Sam Rothman
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 5:14pm »

thanks everyone for the good wishes and welcoming.  I thought I had migrains and that is what my doctor thinks too.  I am now convinced they are cluster headaches.  And I will be exploring that with the doctor.  I have an appointment as the Kaiser Headache Clinic prescribed by my doctor.  I have little faith that anything will come of it but to get the "Amerge" prescription I have to go.  I will be letting them know I have cluster headaches and only an occasional migrain.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss