Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 9:23pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « GOAWAY?????? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   GOAWAY??????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GOAWAY??????  (Read 2396 times)
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

GOAWAY??????
« on: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:03am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Folks:

I recently received an email from one of you which basically stated..."Your handle sucks!  Think about it.  Goaway?"

Please understand that my site name "goaway" is NOT in any way directed at anyone.  Instead, it is taken from my experiences in dealing with the beast.  You see, it is what I chant whenever the shadows begin.

Picture this:
Mike sitting there like a good boy, minding his own business, and WHAM(!), out of nowhere, the shadow hits.  Now see Mike, in despair with his head on his desk, moaning "goaway.....goaway.....PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, just make it GOAWAY!!!"

Now do you understand?  I LOVE YOU GUYS!  Hopefully nobody was offended by my "handle". Smiley

AND ANOTHER THING:
I would really love to know how everybody came up with their "handle" ?  Anyone want to jump in there and tell?  Some names are pretty obvious, some are mysterious, and some are....how do I say it?  I'm just curious. Cheesy
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:19am by goaway » IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

Re: GOAWAY??????
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:17am »

Jonny was already self-proclaimed king, so I had to settle for Prense...although it is intentionally misspelled.  I thought God would have been a little too much.   ;D
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:29am »

Funny you should mention this -- Elaine and I were talking about this very thing yesterday on the phone.  

Back in the "old" days of Clusterville, most everyone just used their "real" names and we got to know each other by name. Now everyone is a HANDLE. When we meet at convention and your name tag says Joe Smith, we don't have a clue that you're "really" TGIF or that we've been talking to you on the MB for a year. Kinda takes the"personal" touch outta it.  

Of course we used to know all about each other (but then again there weren't many of us back then so we had the time to get "personal"Wink. Not many of us Old Timers around any more that remember those good old days but Elaine and I do and we liked knowing who we were talking to and who everyone was.  

Guess progress comes to every place, but .....  Undecided

Hugs  BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:38am »

Hi Barbara and Elaine.  I'm Mike.  I'm a father, husband, fly fishing "poser" (may not catch much, but I look GOOD in the effort) and attorney.

Who's next?
IP Logged

"We don't rent pigs."
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:45am »

I remember the good ole days.
I was Michelle A. when I first found this board.
That was in 98, after my WORST cycle ever.
I was 28 years old.
Came up with masitifflvr28.  mastiff-lover-28 (years old).
I've belonged to a FEW board and a FEW chats and have just kept this handle over the years.
(other boards it's better to remain anonymous)
Dat's my story Smiley
Mast
btw, my ouch tag always says both names at the conventions Smiley
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
drnoe

Email

« Reply #5 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:06am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Goa Way, could be in India.
 Daniel R. Noe-----
 became drnoe
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2003, 5:27am by drnoe » IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #6 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:12am »

My "handle" is one given myself for two reasons. The first being that Cerberus is mythologically the two headed demon hound that guards the gates of hell......ie one head that is the PF me and the other the "in Cycle" me......kinda fitting. (planning a self portrait based on my handle) its also the name of a space ship that I use when gaming online with a buddy. The Uss Cerberus.......hence, my msn messenger name Capt. R.D.Brown. I recently modified my profile to make the spelling correct....... so every once in a while( like in chat) you'll continue to see the original spelling. Sorry peeps but I'll still answer to "crash" and "'bus" (affectionately given me by Jonny and Peppermint Smiley even though they usually use my real name. Smiley

There were a few threads last year in which a few here, expressed dismay about not using real names as they did on the old MB......and the only reason I used the "handle" was to remain annonymous to the outsiders as I always (now) sign my posts with my real name at the end........I assure you that when I am able to go to convention BOTH names will appear on my tag to help alleviate any confusion........

Great Question, goaway.........,
Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
Brian_Y

Email

« Reply #7 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:21am »

First, I'd say that whoever wrote that e-mail to you is an idiot (and I mean that in the nastiest way possible) of the highest order.  And needs to get a goddamn life.

Second:  My name is Brian, hence my "handle".
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:31am »

My handle is quite original and clever....don't ya think...LMAO.. ??? ;D Wink

It was give to me the day I was born by my Daddy.
His name was Jack..  Smiley

Jacks Cool

IP Logged
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:37am »

Great folks.  LMHEO!

Brian, good to see you again!

Who's next?
IP Logged

"We don't rent pigs."
judyw
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran

Knowledge is Power

9537257 9537257   judyw143  
Email

« Reply #10 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:48am »

Hi goaway, I like your thread...interesting tidbit of personality expression...my name is self explanatory with the 143 added on as means I Love You in any kind of way that might make someone else feel special...Kinda gives my age away as it comes from letters written by lovers during the Second World War...I cared for elderly patients in their homes, and women tend to keep things...would still bring a smile to many of their faces when they would share them...as it does to mine... Smiley
IP Logged

judyw143
5-string
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Nothing is accomplished without passion

Email

« Reply #11 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 10:01am »

My handle applies to the musical instrument I play.      The 5-string banjo.  
 It was the first thing that came to mind when I signed up here.
 Afterward I kind of thought it was silly and wanted to change it to a nickname I've been called my whole life..Sparky..
 But could'nt figure out how to. And now I don't mind.
 My real name is Mark Allen Delaney.
   There you have it.
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #12 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 10:01am »

My mom gave it to me  Grin ;D ;D
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #13 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 11:17am »

Goaway Mike - thanks for the discussion - and I forgot to say - the guy/gal who wrote you the e-mail needs to be whipped with a wet noodle. THAT we don't need around here.  Angry

And catching fish ain't that big a deal - you gotta take those slimey things off the hook then.... it's just nice sitting out in a boat and "wishing" the day away ...  

And for those of you who answered - it's nice to know you a little better.  

Hugs  BD
IP Logged

Elaine

Email

« Reply #14 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 11:25am »

I have nothing against screen name what I said to Barbara was that . At the convention, I found it hard to keep up with real names and the screen names. Hell I will be fifty soon and keeping up with names is hard for old me. Keeping up with two names is even harder.

I find myself calling people by their screen names in public. I call Randy Mr. Happy in public. I call Tracy Roxy, and Cathy Cat and so on ....Can you just see someone come up with the screen name ratsass and they go to the convention and people say Hi Ratsass!!! Thats what I was talking about ...making a joke.  

Personal I think change is good ! The way the internet is I understand the use of screen names. The safty behind it. I understood your screen name right off Goaway. It makes sence to me.

The old times were great ! I am finding the new times are just as great. I hope to get to know as many of you guys as I can.
IP Logged
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 11:37am »

on Sep 27th, 2003, 9:31am, Jackie wrote:
My handle is quite original and clever....don't ya think...LMAO.. ??? ;D Wink

I was going to say the same about mine Wink Tara is my first name, Ann is my middle name ;D My mom was gonna name me Shannon but there was a popular song that came out b4 I was born about a dog named shannon so my dad ruled that out....so instead its from Gone With The Wind, my first name means 'Of the earth' so instead of a dog I am dirt LOLOLOL
Just thought I'd share that ;D

And I totally understood what your handle goaway meant.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2003, 11:38am by Tara Ann » IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Miss_Deleny
New Board Veteran
USA 

To live life is to know love

Email

« Reply #16 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 12:23pm »

Well .. Firstly .. The "person" that sent you that email should vanish! In my opinion, Goaway on this board makes perfect sense! I understood it and I'm not even a Clusterhead!

Secondly, my "handle" came from a RP game I used to play. I have have been using the name "Deleny" on MB's for about 3 years now and figured it would be easier to remember IF I somehow unlogged myself from this board.

My "real" name is April .. and yes, I was born in April and that is how I got the name  Sad  
I am the mother of 2 great young adults ... son (22) daughter (23) and will become a grandmother in March thanks to my daughter  Grin
Prense is my Fiance .. we have been together for almost 3 years now and planning a date to make both of us honest people  Wink

I think thats about it ... if you "need" more information, just ask  Wink

~April~
IP Logged

You never know when love will knock on your door, when it does, embrace it and hold on to it forever!
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #17 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 12:28pm »

I don't use a handle, really. My name is Annemarie, but the second or first time I came into Elaine's chat, people started shortening my name. That I cannot allow, Lol.

But I realised it IS a bit long to type all of it. So I fell back on my initials, the way I had used them for years. at school and later in the office. For all intents and purposes I had become Ave.  

And now I am Ave again. I'll answer to it any time, and because you all speak English (well'you're supposed to anyhow) it is pronounced just like "rave".
IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
CC

Email

« Reply #18 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 12:47pm »

CC = ClusterChris

started using CC a few years ago on here and when i was in chat everyone just typed CC so now i use it!

ClusterChuck this means war!! Wink
IP Logged
FrankF
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

« Reply #19 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 12:57pm »

I am FrankF on every messageboard and chatroom that I go to. With all of the pedophiles on the Internet, I have to be careful not to use my real name.  Grin
IP Logged
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #20 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 1:10pm »

You know - the funny thing is, I've learned more about you guys in the last day from this post than I've learned about you in the last year.... I love this....  

Of course I just put my real name = hoping for a dirty old man (where the heck are they when you're looking for them??????)  Grin to come take me away to live a life of sin (while I still remember what it is!)  

I'm a stuffy OLD accountant sitting around watching my figure go. Been in Clusterville so long, I remember when they put up the first red light (remember that Elaine?). Ahhh the stories I could tell...... Kip and the Rothweiler, Dave and the O2 Tank and Mr. Wimpie (I think he finally started wearing underwear)....  

But I digress (I'm old I can do that)...

Anyhow, it's good to learn about you guys. Getting to know you is GOOD.  

Hugs  BD
IP Logged

Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #21 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 1:48pm »

I love the singer/writer Jewel (except for her last album) and a lot of people call me by that name because they think I sound like her when I sing.  My real name is Melissa.
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #22 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 2:22pm »

I love it!

This thread began from a seemingly negative email.  Out of it has grown this learning experience.  I have enjoyed coming back to the board today and reading up on everyone.

Who knows, maybe...just maybe we can always find a bit of good out of all the bad??!
IP Logged

"We don't rent pigs."
Hooter

Email

« Reply #23 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 2:22pm »

My nickname is Hooter. It means NOSE in England - not some other part of the anatomy! ;D and my nose is elegantly curved (hooked really) hence the name.

I am also known as Wendy the Brit or WTB, my real name being Wendy Howe (my maiden name)

WTB
P.S. Jewel. Is there no end to your talents? I dont think it is fair that you can write poetry AND sing as well.

IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #24 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 2:26pm »

goaway, you should have sent an IM back with nothing NT your name should say it all, if they've got half a brain.... ;D

April, you wanna be thankful you weren't born in December!!  

Cathy aka Fenny/Fluffyknickers
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

Pages: 1 2 3  ...  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss