Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 9:47pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « GOAWAY?????? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   GOAWAY??????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GOAWAY??????  (Read 2397 times)
Elaine

Email

Re: GOAWAY??????
« Reply #25 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 6:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

LOL Barbara not a lot I forget about Old clusterville! ;D
But Your a little older than me I came to clusterville in April of 1999.  
IP Logged
Miss_Deleny
New Board Veteran
USA 

To live life is to know love

Email

« Reply #26 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 7:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

LOL Cathi ... you have NO idea ... my mother said that since my father would not help in chosing a name for me, she decided that my name was either going to be the name of the month I was born in or Theodisia (pronounced .. thee-o-dee-sha) .. the later being the worse name she could find in the baby book that she could pronounce. Even though I didn't like growing up with "April", I'm glad she chose that instead.. could you imagine??

And yes, I agree that this thread has been alot of help in getting to know some of the people better. I imagine I would have a hard time, like others, knowing who was who at a convention.

~April~
IP Logged

You never know when love will knock on your door, when it does, embrace it and hold on to it forever!
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #27 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 7:55pm »

Oh yeah Elaine, I was sitting on the front porch when you arrived.  I remember your "ladder"....Thought I'd forgotten that didn't ya?   LOL!!!! But now EVERYONE knows I'm older than DIRT!!!!!

Hugs  BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

KingOfPain
New Board Hall of Famer

Disgusted!

« Reply #28 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:08pm »

1st off...........goaway.......... way kewl screen name!   Cool

Next................
When I first found CH.com, I used the  
screen name "reg1fan" which
is in reference to reggae's #1 fan.
I love reggae music.

I changed it sometime later to
"KingOfPain", which is in reference
to the Police (the band) song.

Modified lyrics of King Of Pain:

I have stood here before feeling completely drained
With the beast turning circles, running 'round my brain
I guess I always thought that it would end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain

**I do not now nor have I ever considered
myself the king of pain. I just liked
the sound of that for a screen name.**

Name's Steve.

Steve # ?

Welcome & stick around.

KingOfPain/Steve # ?
IP Logged

Arrived August, 1999.

We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter.
- Denis Diderot
Real friendship is shown in times of trouble; prosperity is full of friends. - Euripides
Carla_Comiter

Email

« Reply #29 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 8:17pm »

Oh, by the way (my last reply was way too short, at least for me!)

I remember an episode of the old Groucho Marx show where the contestant's name was Cellar Door.  She said that she was the 8th child in the family and her mother was tired of thinking up names, so she let an older daughter do it.  Cellar's sister was taking an acting class and named her Cellar Door because they were the two most graceful words in the English language.

Cellar was relieved that she wasn't a boy, because her sister planned to name her Rat Trap if she was.  Supposedly Rat Trap are the two most dramatic words in the English language.

Groucho had a great time teasing her....

Regards,

Carla Jo Keefner Morrison Sampurdanis Comiter
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #30 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:14pm »

goaway, i completely "got" your name right away when i saw it!  I didn't see anything wrong with it at all Smiley  

now, what can i add to all this name, backround thing?  I dunno ???

My mom named me Melissa Kay.  Her name was Carla Kay.  She had been married 3 times, so I've gone by the name of Melissa Kay Waldherr, Stephens, and Warden.  Now that I'm married, the last name is Filtz.  It will be Filtz until I die! ;D  I am a homemaker, have 2 kids, Lily, age 8 and Elijah, 3 months.  I constantly have to get up off my chair in front of my puter to "do stuff" that moms do.  Just ask anyone who has been in chat with me Wink  Right now we are also putting an 1100sqft addition onto our 1059sqft home, LOL.  I am a basket case!  I have a dryer that squeaks so bad, it sounds like a 1000lb person is sitting directly on it's udders, and a stove with only 2 burners Angry  These things piss me off, but I can still laugh about it, so that's a good thing. Cheesy  Oh, I also get my cluster cycle for 1 month, every other year, so I am very lucky in that aspect.  I just didn't wish the last one, to happen 2 weeks after I have a baby.  Definately was not fun Tongue  

This is a great thread!
 Grinmel
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #31 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:20pm »

My handle is really confusing..dont  know how in the hell anyone could figure out who i am...smiles,nancyc  alias, blenda lady.
IP Logged
ckelly181
New Board Old Timer
USA 

To err is human; To forgive, canine.

Email

« Reply #32 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:20pm »

ckelly - Chris Kelly
181 - the school district I work for....

Boh - ring

But, like others, it's mainly about privacy and using the same handle in all the places you post.

I'm a computer teacher (K-5) and I teach art methods for elementary ed. majors at a nearby college.

Chris

Cool to read about all those who "live" here!
IP Logged

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
UnsolvedEquation

Email

« Reply #33 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:36pm »

I was taking 3 different math classes at IU ... but there was always one problem I couldn't solve (Clusters)  ??? It became my "UnsolvedEquation" !
IP Logged
rumplestiltskin

Email

It'll cost ya ...yer 1st born
« Reply #34 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 9:38pm »

Well ...it was a dark and stormy nite...no...that's a differnt story.

Back in the summer of 99 I had just found CH. Com. Amidst the amazing medical info, warm fuzzies and humor ...some folks were arguin and nit pickin about how the folks that posted a lot were a "clique" and were hard on newbies....imagine that.  

I posted a "tongue in cheek" diatribe about "the clique" and the pending convention....I was playing Rumplestiltskin on stage at the time so that's how I signed it. The annonimity provided me a flak jacket against those who lacked a sense of humor.

I then went back to den, DEN or Dennis O'C for years. A while back some folks got their panties in a wad about folks not using their real names....soooo....ta da...this old smart ass did not get involved in the inane argument...I just became "Rumple" again...kinda darin someone to give me shit.  

Never trust a prankster.

I'm too lazy to change fer now. ...and since Georgia and I share a keyboard...I post as her sometimes too.

If it's funny ...laugh
If it's sad...cry
If you need it... take it
If ya don't...leave it.

Ya gotta be smarter'n what yer workin with
den

IP Logged
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

« Reply #35 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 10:20pm »

Hi Gang!

My thanks to all who have posted to this thread.  It has been great to come back to the board throughout the day and catch up on you.

Now I understand about Den and Rumplestiltskin.  Now I know that Chris teaches computers to kids.  Now I know.....

I keep looking for the newbie that wrote the original email to me.  I asked for the origin of his handle in a private email.  Maybe he will post here as well.  It is bound to be a good explanation.

Please, please, keep on posting as I am truly interested in hearing about ya'll.  Brian_Y   check in again please, and tell us more about you.

To Ramon and Zaira and the others who are having an aaaAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH day, PFDANTYAY!!!!!!

God Bless Chris (in Pennsylvania) and all the other children of the world...including, but not limited to, YOURS!

Catch ya'll tomorrow.   Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2003, 10:24pm by goaway » IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
tsayswhy
New Board Old Timer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #36 on: Sep 27th, 2003, 10:21pm »

I agree goaway nothing wrong with it! tsaywhy:
why is this happening?
why me?
why cant i stop this?
t for Tari -pronouce terry  
3 kids  
work in factory but i do have a cert. for HCA nursing didnt want to work weekends if anyone is a nurse they will know what i mean Roll Eyes
o and i married a dutch man ;D
IP Logged

if you are going my way---i will walk with you
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #37 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 12:09am »

I like GOAWAY too.   Cool

I've been here just long enough to have been able to hang on to Charlie. There was a time when I had to call myself Charlie S.....wonder where the other one went?

Never really liked Charlie when I was a tyke but now that I'm an old fart, I like it. Anyway, my middle name is Martin and since there was 600 Charlies in my neighborhood, I was called Mart. I really hated that........Be nice......... Undecided

Charlie Cool
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2003, 12:11am by Charlie » IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
ebk3
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #38 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 12:51am »

Mr. Goaway,

Firstly I recd your Pm responding to mine last night re youre handle. I now know two things about you:
1. Y ou have the class not to have thrown me, "the newbie" under the bus, by using my name. Which by the way is Gene.
2. that you're name means what it obviously means and is not designed to hurt anyone. This of course I knew anyway after having read youre first correspondance. Your original post back to one of my first  was both kind and generous. I knew you were a good guy right away.
This was never the point.

As I explained in my post back to yours today (PM). I had left the site months ago and decided to return, sort of hat in hand, and was nervous about the response I would recv from the members who remembered me. You were one of the first to respond. What i first saw of the response was Goaway. I thought right away UHOH they don't want me at this site they want me to goaway!!

My comments to you privately re this was just to possibly add this dimension that you may not have considered.

Now tonite I stumble on this post after having written you a polite explanatory note of my appreciation for your warm first response to me and also my original response having seen the words Goaway.

I forget now, but I think I counted some 3 or 5 posters on your string,basically saying this idiot who made this comment re youre handle needs to leave the site. These people came to this serious decision about another sufferer, armed only with a quote from you, out of context.

Like all of us I enjoy this site for many reasons, including simple entertainment and dialogue w fellow sufferers. I am a stong guy. but many probably are not.
I think this site needs to really look at this throw the bum out stuff carefully. In a perfect world I would think it should be much more than a meeting place for a select few players. and that talk of kick his ass out should be way more thoughtful than this display.

Your friend Gene
IP Logged

The sufferers of the worst pain that humans endure, are very rare. Their very real hopes for the relief of this pain lie almost completely with each other.

Callico
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Proud Dad of a US Marine!

Email

« Reply #39 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 12:54am »

Great post!  I like learning about some of you that I have been reading and "conversing with".

Callico Kid is a play on the mispronunciation of my last name, Callison.  Properly pronounced Call (as in with a phone) ison, but most commonly mispronounced, Cal (as in the silent President), lison.  A lot of my family have given in to social pressure and started using the mispronunciation rather than trying to spell it out, but  being the hard headed Irishman that I am I refuse to give in.

The "Kid" is in memory of a long time ago. ;D

Stay PF.
Jerry
IP Logged

"When He acts on the left, I cannot behold Him; He turns on the right I cannot see Him. But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me I shall come forth as gold." Job23:9,10
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #40 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 1:08am »

OK Gene, we were all having a bad day. I take the "wet noodle" back and let's just say we didn't know the whole story and let it go at that. Ok.  Welcome back...  

Now, we're having a blast here --- thanks to you.... tell us all your deep dark secrets.... what do you do - how did you get your handle and all the "Good stuff".  

Yes, we REALLY do want to get to know you. This is fun....  

Hugs  BD
IP Logged

ebk3
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #41 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 1:16am »

Barbara,
I have no deep dark secrets, I've lived my entire life as purely as the driven snow.

My handle, very simply is my initials, I'm the III,

I am a veteran Garment industry guy (3rd generation) Grandpa had 21 Dept stores on the E coast. My business failed 3 yrs ago in Manhattan and I decided to move back to Portland Or where my 2 daughters and grandson live.

This has been my first site on the internet/ found in a desperate ch attack. I discovered the unique phenomona of communicating with only the written word and it has fascinated me.

Gene
IP Logged

The sufferers of the worst pain that humans endure, are very rare. Their very real hopes for the relief of this pain lie almost completely with each other.

Azrael
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Sometimes... Being good just ain't worth it.

27810130 27810130   kennkurr  
WWW Email

« Reply #42 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 1:27am »

Drk^Angel has been my online personality for about 6 years.  It's based on a character in one of my poems.  The character's nickname is short for "dark angel of death" (he's a vampire).  I equate myself with this character because I often find myself feeling like a vampire... I don't sleep at night... Don't get along too well with sunlight... I shy away from wooden stakes... But I love garlic, so go figure...

PFDAN......................... Drk^Angel
IP Logged

"Hello police? I would like to report a robbery. Someone stole all my beer while I was drunk."
Georgia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If ya don't like my peaches, don't shake my tree.

pixieprincess_una   georgiacze
WWW Email

« Reply #43 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 1:34am »

[Ears perking up...head tilting to one side...impish grin shining...fingers running lightly across my neck...]

Vampire? Did someone say vampire?  

Mmmmmmmm......

Uh. What was the question?
IP Logged

la la lala la la.....(its the theme song from the smurfs in case you couldn't tell) Need a smile? Click here: http://users.compaqnet.be/cn174277/Smurfs%20-%20Smurf%20Theme%20Song.mp3
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #44 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 2:43am »

Smiley
This is a neat thread !!  Good idea, Mike.

Obviously, I am from Texas.  Born and raised here and have never left.  

I have been an avid fisherman (or fisherperson..lol) since I was a little girl.  My Dad loved to fish and hunt and since I never really learned to hunt, I fished with him every chance I got.  It has become an obsession for me.  My Dad is no longer here to fish with me, but those memories are very much alive.

I am retired from law enforcement, and tournament fish with cops and other public safety personnel.  We have 26 agencies represented, and our bass club is named "PIGS & HAWGS."  We are the largest law enforcement bass club in the State.  I was the first female member of the bass club, but now I share that honor with a Parole Officer who is a female.

I have 3 great sons, 2 beautiful grandaughters, and 6 grandsons.  The oldest grandson is in his 4th yr of college...my youngest grandaughter will be 3 in November.  

I have been blessed with 2 great families....the first being my boys and grandchildren......the second being all of you here on this great site.   Thanks to all of you!!

Jean     Kiss
IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
ebk3
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #45 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 3:46am »

Barbara D,
Thank you for your reply, ia ppreciate you thinking that I add to the fun.

I feel very strongly that both sides should be reviewed before a witch hunt ensues, this is a support group, Yes?

Gene/ no ones enemy on this site!!
IP Logged

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #46 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 4:01am »

How old is your grandson? Mine is 22 months and wild as a march hare. Never had a grandson before and he's an experience. Ain't they grand? Guess that's why they call them GRANDsons. makes sense...... ???

I hate that you have to have CH, but we ARE supporters cause we KNOW what you're going through. Tonight (or is it morning already) I've been up dancing with the demon and not having any fun at all. Thought he had moved on, but that's what I get for thinking. This MB has been my "lifeline" since about 1998, so stick around.  

But we have to have a little fun along with our pain. That's how we get through the really bad times. The better we get to know one another the more we tend to "sense" when someone needs help.  

Hope you stay around and take what you need and help when you can...

Hugs BD
IP Logged

ebk3
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #47 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 4:18am »

Barbara,
Thanks again I have no intention of going anywhere. I know that when I'm a known quantity around here you wii (for the most part ) value me. After all it's only a matter of time before i'm recognized as the brilliant person I am ;D ;D.

I have a 7 yr old grandson/ Josiah

Gene
IP Logged

stevegeebe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #48 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 7:44am »

My name is Steve George...People call me Stevegeorge.

No really...like one word.  Southern thing I guess.

When I first posted I thought I had typed in "stevie geebie", my managers name on fanball.  Guess I was nervous.  And so it stands.

Steve G

IP Logged
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #49 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 8:17am »

Woobie=  
Soft, cuddley... warm, fuzzy, security blanket.    

You know, like in "Mr. Mom".  The kid always carried around the blanky.. THAT'S a woobie.

Ramon calls me HIS woobie.   Tongue   He's called me his woobie for yearssssssssssss..
                 (can i get an "awwww"  Roll Eyes )

LOVED this thread...  
I dont mind if people call me woobie in public.. everyone calls me woobie.  I jjust LOOK like the "woobie" type.    Fat, happy and bouncy.. like a woobie should be.

the wonderful thing about woobies is
woobie's are wonderful things..........

Peace, ya'll!!!
Tina   Kiss

***** Modified for the way I feel today........ Angry

woobie = soft, cuddly.......warm, fuzzy.. OLD, worn out, TORE UP, stinky, fallin apart, holes everywhere, WILL someone just throw it OUT.. ... piece of fabric..    Undecided

LOL
« Last Edit: Sep 28th, 2003, 8:20am by Woobie » IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  5 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss