Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 6:06pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « GOAWAY?????? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   GOAWAY??????
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: GOAWAY??????  (Read 2406 times)
goaway
New Board Veteran
USA 

"Things take longer than they do."

Re: GOAWAY??????
« Reply #50 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 8:51am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello to everyone!

Isn't this great??!  My mysterious friend checked in and, like I had hoped, he's a great guy!  And welcome back to him as well.

His name is GENE, and he lives in Portland, Oregon (which, by the way, is one beautiful place).  Be assured that there are no broken fences between Gene and me.  In fact, I appreciate the messaging that has occurred between us.  It led to this GREAT THREAD!

As you know, this thread would not have been much if all of you had not contributed.  But, let's not stop.  There are many of you who have not posted anything.  Can we "twist your arm" a bit  Smiley  to get you to post?  Hope so.

So..........WHO'S NEXT??!
IP Logged

"If you get robbed by worry,.....it was an 'inside' job."

"...runnin' with the shadow...runnin' with the shadow..."

"We don't rent pigs."
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

« Reply #51 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 9:23am »

..ok, then...ya see, uh, err, well, i was gonna just use my NAME, but there's a LOTTA *Steve*s with CH... so i thought i'd use my mo'sickles' name ... which comes from...ah, kinda of an obscure reference to....  

...aw hell, just ask Mastifflvr28... i 'splained it to her once... and *ORINGKID* ...(where IS Sherry anyway?) actually guessed it... can you?

..heh... Steve(N4H)
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
Woobie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I luv you guys!!!!!!!!

Email

« Reply #52 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 9:26am »

taxi drivers.. or sleepers...
hmmmmmmm    

LOL
tina
IP Logged
judyw
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran

Knowledge is Power

9537257 9537257   judyw143  
Email

« Reply #53 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 9:39am »

ahh Gene, in a perfect world I would have to agree with you, but, then, this is not a perfect world, so the strong must survive by knowing when to delete and when to respond...I, for one, would like to thank you for being a participant in generating this thread...It has given many people here a chance to view themselves and each other with a clearer eye, don't you thinkWe all tend to get so wrapped up in what we think, we lose sight of each other and our wonderfully unique differences, as well as each others private pain...  
 Sorry Gene, like most "old" ladies (I think I am older than Barb D) I tend to run on...so will just say Welcome home and I hope your day is wonderful and pf...PPP  
IP Logged

judyw143
ebk3
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #54 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 9:56am »

Thank you Judy,
Of course it's not a perfect world, but if i were president of the world it would be.
Gene
IP Logged

The sufferers of the worst pain that humans endure, are very rare. Their very real hopes for the relief of this pain lie almost completely with each other.

Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #55 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 10:09am »

on Sep 28th, 2003, 12:51am, ebk3 wrote:
I forget now, but I think I counted some 3 or 5 posters on your string,basically saying this idiot who made this comment re youre handle needs to leave the site. These people came to this serious decision about another sufferer, armed only with a quote from you, out of context.

Perhaps that was the intent, but when I read the word "vanish", I took it as sarcasm in regards to "goaway"...not in a literal sense.
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
ebk3
New Board Junior

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #56 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 11:44am »

Boy, that's a positive interpretation,

Anyway all is now straightened out...
Gene
IP Logged

The sufferers of the worst pain that humans endure, are very rare. Their very real hopes for the relief of this pain lie almost completely with each other.

cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Not all those that wander are lost......

cathy_lucas47   cybersis1965
Email

« Reply #57 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 3:38pm »

Gene...maybe you should re-name yourself Modesty  Grin
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #58 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 4:41pm »

Don't you just love it when a PLAN comes together -- did I hear that somewhere?  Oh yeah  Banacec (sp)...  Cool

BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #59 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 4:57pm »

When I first discovered this site I signed on as Bob G.  

But.....

One day I didn't hit the space bar and became BobG. Been that guy ever since.

But.......

That's not my real name.  

My real name and the name I go by is Robert.

Pretty exciting huh? Can I have a yawn.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #60 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 5:07pm »

Ahhhh, a name by any other name would smell as ????  I first came on the board as NancyMcFree.  My real name is NancyMcCollum but I wasn't really comfortable using my full name, and the name Nancy was already used.  So since I wanted to be FREE of headaches ... NancyMcFree.  Like all good newbies ... I chose to leave the board at one point.  Flame, flame .. go away.  But, like most newbies, I could not stay away from my family.  And since I was not smart enough to know that my name could be re-instated ... I chose OneEyeBlind as my new name.  It was to remind me constantly that if you close one eye to petty stuff that sometimes happens on this board ......... well, life might just be a little sweeter for it.  That's my story.  I've enjoyed reading all of yours.
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
CathiP

Email

« Reply #61 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 6:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Psssst! Nancy/One-Eye.....your secret is safe with me...I won't tell another soul what your REAL name is...pinkie-promise!!  

Just sign me Cathi....

*But my REAL name is Isadora Double Gussett Ignatz Slugenanny! I know I can trust you to keep it to yerself!*
IP Logged
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Email

« Reply #62 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 6:29pm »

on Sep 28th, 2003, 6:23pm, CathiP wrote:

my REAL name is Isadora Double Gussett Ignatz Slugenanny!

ROFLMAO.... ;D

Just call her DG....isadora lmao....hahahahah hey DG your secrets safe with me too!!!!  

Cathy the one with the Y... ;D
IP Logged

My own tears would mean nothing to me, if I could stop you from just shedding one....

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #63 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 8:18pm »

Double Gussett and FluffyKnickers are at it again.  Just don't mind them cause they have multiple personalities along with multiple names.  You can call them both Catherine the Great when ya meat them ......... they'll both answer ........ who me ??
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
StanTheMan
New Board Veteran
USA 

"I can do all things through Christ..."

Email

« Reply #64 on: Sep 28th, 2003, 8:52pm »

Not much mystery to my handle...

Except that not many people know that I was named after the ORIGINAL Stan The Man --  

Baseball Hall of Famer, Stan Musial !!

Naturally, most of us "Stans" nowadays are called "Stan The Man" at one time or another.  Some of you younger folks may not know why...

But know you know....THE REST OF THE STORY!!

For those of you curious of my bio...

Cluster Stuff: Episodic since 1992.
Personal: Very happily married, father of 4 children
Hobbies: Video production, reading, US history, Christian apologetics.

PFDAN!

StanTheMan

Goaway:  Nuttin' wrong with your handle, dude! Welcome!
IP Logged

"All the days of the afflicted are bad, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast." - - - - - Proverbs 15:15
Tara Ann
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's always darkest before the dawn.

tara_ann_77  
WWW Email

« Reply #65 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 1:23am »

This has turned into an awesome thread!  Great job Mike!  ANd Welcome Gene.  Well since so many have added more than just handle explanations I think I shall add a bit more than what I posted earlier.

I am a former Machinest/Daycare teacher (yeah I know could i pick 2more totally opposite professions??) .  Since I became a mommy I've been a stay at home mom.  I have Sammie and he is 3.5yrs old and Antoinette and she is 2 yrs old.  I've been married to my hubby Sam for 5 yrs now (and NO little Sammie is NOT a junior they have diff middle names Wink) and Sam and I are guardians to my 16 yr old brother Ray.  

Ok who's NEXT to post a little story???
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2003, 1:24am by Tara Ann » IP Logged

http://www.myspace.com/taraann77
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #66 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 5:42am »

Because me's is not smart enough to fink of something creative at the time of signing in, I used my nickname as it has been since I was little.

Turts is a shortening of my surname.  

Used to be called Turtle as well at school, but with age it became Turts.  

Christian name as per the birth certificate is Brett.

IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
hopefull
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #67 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 6:09am »

Hopefull...cause I'm  "full of hope!" that someday this will all go away! and be normal ....well maybe not normal....that might get old fast...
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #68 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 7:03am »

LOL  I would love to know who wrote that email about your name... Everybody wants their CH to GO AWAY!!  GO AWAY IS AN AWESOME NAME... SORRY IF I AM REDUNDANT................. REE IS A NAME I GUESS YA CANT PICK ON................LOVE YA GO AWAY.........DON'T GO AWAY OK.........BUT I WANT YOUR CH TO GO AWAY.... OK  REE

OH and Ree is just a nick name for Ann Marie nothing too complex there........... Bret? huh Turt?... I like Bret, its kind of romantic novelish or soap operaish...very sexy................ ree
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2003, 7:09am by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
cathy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

Email

« Reply #69 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 8:27am »

Ree...Gene wrote the email  Roll Eyes

Hey Nan & Cathi....we just gotta play that game again...lmao  Grin

IP Logged

Hirvimaki
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Quod me nutrit me destruit.

3978676 3978676   frotteur   hirvimaki
WWW Email

« Reply #70 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 8:53am »

I would have used my real name, but most people have a hard time with Paul-Baptiste Johnathan. Heck, most people have a hard time with the just the first part: Paul-Baptiste.  Hirvimaki is much more compact - although unpronounceable for most Anglophones. (Pronunciation is not such a big deal in cyber-space, is it?)

Wonderful thread.

Hirvimaki
IP Logged

"What makes us discontented with our condition is the absurdly exaggerated idea we have of the happiness of others."

BruceD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got Atrium?

Email

« Reply #71 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 10:01am »

Hey Mike (Goaway),

Great idea for a thread topic. While my handle is pretty transparent (my name) I have wondered where some peoples have come from.

Woobie ... I remember that movie too & my wife has a full woobie collection around the house (she says she can never be warm enough or have too many blankets ... err woobies) Also, sorry to hear that you're feeling torn up & tattered. Get some rest, grab a real woobie, and curl up and watch some of your favorite movies ... that'll work. Smiley

Take Care
Bruce
IP Logged

Childhood is short, maturity is forever. (The Indispensable Calvin and Hobbes)
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #72 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 10:59am »

Tiannia comes from the Online RP game that I play with my hubby since 99.  If you ever enter Everquest and go to the Fennin Ro server Tiannia is a level 53 High Elf Cleric.  Ironic dont you think that my alter ego is one who can heal herself and everyone around her and has spells that can make any and all efflictions "go away".  

IRL (in real life) I am a 32 year old married with two wonderful kids - son 13 months and daughter 6 yrs.  

Traci
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2003, 11:00am by Tiannia » IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
Tim_w
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Finer than frogs hair!

Email

« Reply #73 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 11:15am »

TimW Too many Tim's so its TimW
aka Happy Pappy Gave it to myself when our grandson  
Christain was born weighting in at 1lb 15.7 oz now over 22 lbs! that is why ( happy Pappy)  Grin
any one who has grandchildern can understand!
He will be a year old Friday Oct 3 ! Kiss
pfwishs around the room  TimW -Happy Pappy ;D
 PS were Did the year go?
IP Logged

We will all go to HEAVEN we have been to HELL! -(Personal Quote) YES There is life out There (Thank you to my new suporters)
They say this will only make me stronger but I did not ask to be SUPERMAN
miCHel
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Email

« Reply #74 on: Sep 29th, 2003, 11:39am »

Cool thread!

My handle is extremely special.  I created it so that no one could ever guess where it came from.  You see, my real name is... Michel but I write it... miCHel.  Incredible, isn't it?

Took me several months to come up with such a clever concept...  And by the way, I work in a large advertising agency where I charge clients... by the hour.

miCHel

PS  The name part and the job part are both true...

IP Logged

Good one Scotty! Now beam down my clothes...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss