Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 2:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I found this on the supporters board »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Oct-Dec 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   I found this on the supporters board
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I found this on the supporters board  (Read 295 times)
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

I found this on the supporters board
« on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 6:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

painvill
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Cluster Victim
« on: Today at 7:48pm »  Quote  Modify  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
 I am a cluster Victim today I had a terrible that came in tons of headaches . I found myself gripping the ends of my hair , sitting on the floor rocking back and forth and nearly screaming in pain. One side of my eye , hurt like someone took a knife and turned it around and around inside it . I was shocked it lasted for nearly 4hours. I am so weak after wards it seems like it takes a lot out of you. What can I do to get rid of the pain when I have it? Sorry I just started haveing these I am 28 years old. It is all new to me. Sometime My pain floats around in my head. Didn't understand that but I know it isn't a regular headache that is for sure any info you can give me?  

IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

Re: I found this on the supporters board
« Reply #1 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 6:54pm »

I still have the pain help
« on: Today at 8:08pm »  Quote  Modify  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
 I feel so sad .... I have none to talk to about my cluster problem.. My husband is the only one that talks to me sometime the go away then they come back again , I was off today from work. I wasted my whole day laying in the bed . I am so sad I just started  haveing these stupid things . I had a accident 6 years ago so could that have caused these to come about?
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 2nd, 2003, 7:13pm »

Ree - Get her over here so we can let her know she's not alone. Sounds like CH, but she needs to take the CH Quiz and we need to ask questions.  

This is so sad.  I think we all remember the "first" time these things hit and how we felt. I had two months of thinking I was crazy, ready to die and then knowing I had a brain tumor and going off to Scott and White Hosp to be diagnosed, have surgery and die. But, I was one of the lucky ones (if having CH can be lucky) I was diagnosed "correctly" after only two months - the first time around.  

But it still hurts me to see someone going thru this for the first time.... Please get her over here if you can.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

OneEyeBlind
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Yea, I can do this

topnoodle

« Reply #3 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 5:30am »

Painvill, it's really important to get a proper diagnosis.  Cluster headaches won't kill you, but there are some other things that might that display some of the same symptoms.  If you haven't already seen a neuro you should.  A neuro will order tests like an MRI/MRA to eliminate the possibility of other more serious diseases.  

If you do have clusters, O2 (properly used .. see the link to the left on oxygen info), and Imitrex (injections work the best but this is also available in nasal spray and pills) are abortives that work for lots of folks here.  Verapamil is a preventative and can help lessen the cycle and intensity of the headaches.  This takes 30 days to be totally absorbed in to your system though, so the sooner you start the better chance you have of it helping with this cycle.  

Good luck !!!!!!!!!  And welcome to the board !
IP Logged

One cannot step twice in the same river, for fresh waters are forever flowing around us.
Turts
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight

Email

« Reply #4 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 5:40am »

Hey Painvill,

as stated above see the quiz,then the neuro and get on some abort and prev meds.  

Serious headaches can be a symptom of something big, so get checked out. As BarbaraD said hopefully you can get diagnosed properly, quickly, so take some of the infor from this site to your neuro on appointment to help out.

Wishing you future PFDANs  
Keep us posted  

Turts
IP Logged

'I'm very brave generally,' he went on in a low voice: 'only today I happen to have a headache.' (Lewis Carroll)
Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 5:21pm »

Ree - let he know that we are here.  

Please take heart that you are not alone.  There are many here to help with answers and support.  My god they have helped me over the past 2 months.  Please get into a doctor and start making sure that you do not have something worse.  

PFDaN.
Tia
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2003, 5:22pm by Tiannia » IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 3rd, 2003, 11:46pm »

It's heart wrenching to hear bout sumone 'jus' new startin out with this crap and no one to talk to......there is sooooooo much they need ta learn and know....this is a good start here ! Learn more then most docs know or can explain with this family....or least heart to heart hands on info and help treatment ! Open arms for painvill Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss