Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 3:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Melatonin and Kudzu »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Melatonin and Kudzu
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Melatonin and Kudzu  (Read 410 times)
tex_leger
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Melatonin and Kudzu
« on: May 13th, 2006, 8:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I hope this helps everybody, if not maybe a few of you. It's been a very bad year for me, I was in cycle a year and a half the longest ever. Anyway I was at the end of my rope when I decided to give Melatonin a good shot. I was getting HA at full strength for 5 hrs. This had been going on for a month, it started when I was tappering off Pred., when I got down to 20 mg the HA broke through, I knew I was in trouble, this never happened before. I started taking Melatonin 2 days before I was to see my Dr. for pred. That night I took 15mg  of Mel. with 3 tylenol when I felt the HA starting, I went and sat in front of my fan and waited for it to hit, it came but only to strenght 3 and lasted for 15 min. wow this was great, that night I got 3 more and did the same with the same results. The next day the same thing, then I went to the Dr. and started back on pred. for Christmas, I kept taking Mel. at 15mg a night, this time I was able to tapper off and had no HA for two weeks after. They then started up 4 a night at strenght 3 for about 15 to 30 min and each time I took Mel. and tylenol. This went on till March when I decided to try two 613mg  of Kudzu at 7:30 pm and the Mel at 8 pm that did it, they were  gone. I stayed on the Kudzu for 30 days then stopped. No more HA, I still take Mel and will stay on it for the rest of my life. Anyway I hope this helps.
Tex
P.S. Melatonin has no side effects that I can find so take as many as it takes to stop the HA.
 Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
IP Logged
I Cant Dance
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

Kicking "Fat Bastard" to the curb!

Re: Melatonin and Kudzu
« Reply #1 on: May 13th, 2006, 12:11pm »

Tex,

Congrats on your discovery of something that works for you!

Kudzu did nothing for me, but since upping my dose of melatonin to 18mg before bed, I am now sleeping 6 straight hours!  The flip side is that I am getting hit two more times during the day.
IP Logged

"I can endure more pain than anyone you've ever met. That's why I can beat anyone I've ever met."
-Steve Prefontaine, "Without Limits"----Yeah Right! "I got yer pain right hiya."
tex_leger
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: May 13th, 2006, 2:33pm »

Sorry to hear steve that it didn't work for you I was hoping it would work for everyone. Take care Tex
IP Logged
nikozai
New Board Newbie
USA 

Pain... ow.. pain..

« Reply #3 on: May 17th, 2006, 4:44am »

Thanks, all these positive stories from homeopathic remedys are encouraging. I'm getting off pred, anything lower than 20 and they start.

I'm starting on Kudzu tonight, I have 5 more days of Pred. at 10mg each morning. Then it's cold turkey, hope the Zu (613), Melatonin (500mcg) and Taurine (1000mg) combined, can equal the power of the steroid. (without the heart attack risk LOL)

If I can actually stop prednisone and not have a attack, I'm sold on this remedy. Without fail every time i've lowered or stopped the pred, I'm in pain within 24 hours. Horrible situation.
IP Logged

Peter - 3 months since first attack, ongoing cycle. Pred. under 20mg sets it off. Starting Kudzu, Taurine and Melatonin while coming off pred. Praying it works.
tex_leger
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: May 17th, 2006, 7:16am »

Great I hope it works for you. I really would like to find someone this works for, it would be nice to know I was able to help. Take care. Tex
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss