Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 2:18pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Imitrex... Allergy???  I can't breath »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Imitrex... Allergy???  I can't breath
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Imitrex... Allergy???  I can't breath  (Read 307 times)
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Reality is for those who lack imagination!

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

Imitrex... Allergy???  I can't breath
« on: Apr 9th, 2002, 6:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have taken imitrex shots pills and other triptans and have had similar results.  I have a very hard time breathing....  The shot is the worst.....  I would rather have the headache that take a shot of imitrex...

Have anyothers had adverse reactions?

--Athos
IP Logged

http://www.XdUP.com
Find Your Value For X
Riccardo
New Board Old Timer
Italy 

Serial kisser... and Stetsons lover...

WWW Email

Re: Imitrex... Allergy???  I can't breath
« Reply #1 on: Apr 10th, 2002, 1:23am »

One of the side effects of Imitrex IS a breathing difficulty.
May also be reported as chest constriction. I think that's the worst one. But because you are scared from an heart attack, or asthma. It is not!

Is not a good (funny) side effect, but the bright side is that do not cause heart problem.  

But don't forget that Imitrex itself is not so good for heart sufferers, for other reasons
IP Logged

Riccardo OUCH-Italia
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #2 on: Apr 10th, 2002, 5:15am »

My 1st shot was a bit scary. I also felt constriction in the chest and my heart felt erratic. This may cause panic and the feeling of difficulty breathing which my doctor warned me about. He said it was fairly normal reaction as ALL the blood vessels constict a bit, including the heart.

But relax and don't panic, we both both survived with no adverse effects (our hearts were ok). The CH ended quickly, and as I took subsequent shots it got easier. Now I know what feelings to expect and it does not bother me so much. I take a shot, lie down, and I know in 10 minutes or so I will feel fine again (but a bit tired and lazy).

If the headache is bad enough take the shot. No-one should suffer if they can avoid it.
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
NotH20
New Board Hall of Famer

NotH20
Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 10th, 2002, 7:43am »

I totally agree w/ JMorgan......the CH is worse than the shot and its side effects....and with time, one gets used to the various effects of the shot and know to "trust" the injection against the BEAST...and that is a comfort - in a sick sort of way.  

ATHOS, I can only tell you from my point of view - don't close the door to the injections all together.  If it works, keep them handy.  It may be a life-saver for you one day.

Keep the faith and we all wish you luck,
NotH20
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Apr 10th, 2002, 5:00pm »

Athos, have you ever tried the maxalt (triptan) dissolving pill?  You put it on your tongue let it dissolve and swallow the liquid.  I have tried imitrex b4 with lousy results (coulda been several reasons why) but am using maxalt this cycle and it has given me some relief.  Believe it or not, i take the maxalt and then swig a hot strong cup of coffee and many times it aborts an attack.
IP Logged
athos
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Reality is for those who lack imagination!

athos_3d   Athos3d
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 10th, 2002, 5:28pm »

I have tried imitrex, zomig, and maxalt, all with similar results.   Embarassed

--Athos
IP Logged

http://www.XdUP.com
Find Your Value For X
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 10th, 2002, 8:35pm »

Have you tried oxygen? If not, maybe you should.
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss