Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 1:52pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Indirol + Sebelium + Elavil + Prozac !!! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Indirol + Sebelium + Elavil + Prozac !!!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Indirol + Sebelium + Elavil + Prozac !!!  (Read 3241 times)
NicholeM

Email

Indirol + Sebelium + Elavil + Prozac !!!
« on: Apr 19th, 2002, 11:58am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I would like to hear from anyone who us taking INDIROL as well as other drugs such as SEBELIUM, PROZAC or TRYPTANOL (ELAVIL) ?

I have been a Migraine sufferer for 10 years, but in the past 12 months they became chronic.

I learnt I was on the typical "Rebound" (Trabsformed Migraine) loop caused by overuse of Opiates (first Tylenol and then Pethadine). It became so bad that I was on 150mg of PEthadine a day for 3 mths, and could not leave my room except to use the bathroom ad go to the Hospital. I was like a vegetable.  

Anyway, with the help of a great Neurologist we broke the "cycle", and I am mostly Migrane free now, instead I am getting a different kind of headache, a Tension type, which the medications usually take care of (but not always). But I am 95% better than I was!

The problem now is the other drugs!

I am on Indirol and Sebelium, and was on Tryptanol/Elavil (Amitryptyline) but had to stop it within a few weeks just two weeks ago.

The Indirol made me VERY drowsy and dizzy, and when the Tryptonol was added I became like a Zombie. I had no balance, fell down the stairs 3 times, and was a mess.

My Brother (who by now know a LOT about Migraines and all the drugs) found out that the side effects of Tryptanol was much the same as Indirol - Diziness, Fatigue and Impaired Motor Skills. Its also can make the side effects of other drugs (such as Indirol) worse!

THIS is why I was like a ZOMBIE in slow motion, so he made me stop the Tryptanol immediately.

Now my Doctors (2 Neurologists) are suggesting Prozac instead as it should not add to the Drowsiness, but hopefully offset it and perk me up.

Has anyone experience with using these drugs in combination?

If so ANY advice or your experiences would be very interesting to hear.

I was also on Stablon, Artane, Synflex, and Tyranxene, but have now stopped all of these as they were mostly used during thr week it took to break the "Opiate Rebound" cycle.

I want to take as few as drugs as possible!

I would like to be a regular on this Forum and learn to manage my own condition better, as well as help share my experiences with others.

IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Indirol + Sebelium + Elavil + Prozac !!!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 19th, 2002, 4:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

If you are looking for help with migraines, I'm afraid this site will not be very helpful.  This is a cluster headache site.  Cluster headaches are different from migraines (I've had both) and they are treated differently.  Explore the site using the buttons on the left and you will learn more about cluster headaches.  But for migraines you will have to go to a different site.

IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
NicholeM

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 20th, 2002, 7:12am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks but ..

I DO know the difference between Clusters and Migraine - as I get BOTH - unfoprtunately sometime at the same time, and have been treated for both.

As I am sure you know, what works for one doesn't for the other and sometimes make it worse.

My Migrain es start with a throbbing one one sie of the temple and a zig-zag Aura - quite common. I know when they are coming hours before hand.

Clusters are not so kind.

For Clusters I find Pure Oxygen the best, but it usuallly worstens or brings on a Migrane.

My Clusters last for 15 to 45 minutes, my Migraines can last many hours or at their worst, days.

With Clusters I get a VERY sharp stabbing sensation always behind my right eye. Its the closest thing the EXCRUCIATING UNBEARABLE pain I have ever fet.

It makes the Migraine pain seem mild, but they last so much longer.

I know most Cluster sufferers are males, and that they are usually Cyclical. Mine are.

Luckily I have not had a Cluster for a month, but I am dreading when it comes.

So I DO want to stay active in this Forum as I will need help and advise sometime soon!

Thanks
Nichole

IP Logged
Mastifflvr28
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Freddie's eyes

LVT27
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 20th, 2002, 8:44am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So, Nicole,
Are you asking for this info for you clusters or for your migraines?  Cause we can't help much with migraine's or migraine drugs.

Another site you can go to for migraine drugs advise and info is http://www.headachesupportgroups.com/index.htm.  There is a forum there and we get together and chat there too.

Also, if you use the search button at the top of the page and put the drugs you seek info on in there...you might get some answers.  But they will all be cluster related.
Good luck,
Mast
IP Logged

Mastifflvr28 (aka Michelle A.)
Be part of the solution
http://www.ouch-us.org
OXYGEN!!!
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss