Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 18th, 2024, 4:35pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I've missed you guys! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   I've missed you guys!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I've missed you guys!  (Read 229 times)
Troxie

Email

I've missed you guys!
« on: Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

CheesyHey all!  I've been here.  I've just had so much going on, PLUS I've had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to get on here.  But I'm back!  

Still trying to deal with "head rushes" related to my ice pick headaches.  The worst of the pains are being dealt with through a combination of Neurontin, Indocin and Topamax, but I now have only about one good week a month.  The rest of the time, I experience what I can only explain as these "rushes" of light-headedness and almost blood rushing through my head that comes on me at any time during the day, no matter what I'm doing and I can never feel them coming on.  They aren't exactly what you would call "painful", but because they happen so frequently..they are definitely causing me alot of problems (physical, emotional,etc.)  

My neurologist is now thinking that she needs to take me OFF of the Neurontin - thinks my being on two seizure medicines is too much for me.  This is just a "guess" on her part though (which makes me ANGRY because once again, I feel like a guinea pig - they really do NOT know what to do with me since "ice picks" are so rare).

I know alot of you can relate to this hopeless feeling and wondered if any of you have had to wean off of Neurontin and can share with me..I've been on this for 4 years and take 300 mg. in the morning and 300 mg. at night.  It's a low dose, but seems to me that I tried to wean off once before a couple of years ago and had a problem...but could have been a coincidence.  

I explained to my neurologist that if I HAD to live with these "rushes" compared to going back to living with the terrible ice pick pains...I rather just grin & bear it and suffer through the rushes..but she insisted that I shouldn't have to have them at all - jeez!  This is all so scarey!!  

Can anybody shed any light on any of this?

Appreciate you all so much.  Take care and hope you're all having a PF day..
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: I've missed you guys!
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Troxie,

I am unfamiliar with ice pik headaches Cry sorry.  I am currently on low dose (300mg) per day of neurontin.  it is the first time i've tried it for clusters.  It is a LOW dose.  I'm also using maxalt mlt for abortive.  I am hoping to begin weaning off next week, so I'll let you know how things go.  
I have been on many preventative meds in the past and have always suffered side effects! Cry  I guess my system is really sensitive to it.  Side effects of neurontin include: red face (splotcy complexion), severe memory problems, easily angered and upset, and sometimes think my thinking is somewhat confused.  I don't like it at all and can't wait to get off the damn stuff.  However, i think it may have had success in breaking up cluster, as my cycle was not as massive as ones in the past.  So, i'm staying with it until out of the danger zone.  I wish I could tell you more, but will keep you posted on weaning experience.  Good luck to you.  Kim
IP Logged
Mattso

Email

Re: I've missed you guys!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 24th, 2002, 1:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I don't know if this might apply to your type of head rushes, but when I was experiencing an inordinate amount of head rushes, I learned that they can be a symptom of stressed adrenal glands.

The very effective treatment was: stress B vitamins.  

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss