Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 6:09am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Maxalt-mlt 10mg »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Maxalt-mlt 10mg
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Maxalt-mlt 10mg  (Read 331 times)
scrumpies
New Board Newbie

Email

Maxalt-mlt 10mg
« on: Feb 27th, 2003, 8:48am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Try the Maxalt mlt 10mg.  It is amazing.  Not good for you if you have any knid of heart problems though.  For me this knocks the beast out cold in about 10 minutes.  Best thing that could have happened to this CHer

Lisa
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: Maxalt-mlt 10mg
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27th, 2003, 8:07pm »

Maxalt-MLT is my beast killer of choice. My neuro usually has enough as samples to keep me supplied. When a cycle starts, it's Maxalt and oxygen until I'm sure the cycle isn't just a fluke (there's a lot of denial that has to be worked through before I can admit that the beast is back for a stay). Anyhoo, after about 3 days of this I'll get back on the prednisone and verapamil and I don't need it again until the onset of my next cycle. Great stuff.

Bill
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Murray
New Board Newbie

CH Newbie (Grrr)

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 6th, 2003, 8:58pm »

Just how bad is Maxalt for you?  My Neuro (who I met for the first time today) told me I could only take 5/week or I might have a heart attack.  

I was just diagnosed with CH and am in a rapid discovery process.  These things really suck!!
IP Logged

Thanks.
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 6th, 2003, 9:17pm »

Maxalt does nothing for me during an attack.  Anyway, here's the skinny on it...

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic2/rizatrip_ad.htm
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #4 on: Mar 7th, 2003, 4:31am »

Last year I went to see my Doc to get an updated prescription for Imigran Inj. He was late for the appointment so I had to wait quite a while, but just as I went in to see him I got a kip 10 attack. It was the first time he had ever seen one and he was able to observe the onset and symptoms first hand. He was quite shocked at how rapid it all happened and seeing the eye go red and watering, runny nose etc gave him some good insight.

He gave me some samples of Maxalt MLT and told me how fantastic it was and so much cheaper than imigran inj. I took one in his room and he explained about how I should let it melt on my tongue. It did fuck all for me! 2 hours later I was writhing in agony and took the imigran inj. 10 minutes later I was right as rain again.

Why does maxalt work for some and not others?

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 7th, 2003, 7:44am »

Maxalt made my headaches much worse.  Ill never take it again.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
scrumpies
New Board Newbie

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 8th, 2003, 7:44pm »

Yes I am told Maxalt works for some but not all sufferers,  This is what works for me.  Imitrix does nothing at all and neither does oxygen.  So far Maxalt is my drug of choice.  I'd be a mad woman with out it.

Lisa
IP Logged
O_Line
New Board Newbie
USA 

Make it to the next minute. Good! Repeat.

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 15th, 2003, 12:05pm »

I'm at the beginning (2 days in, last attack - Sept 11, 2001) of a cluster period.
I've used 10mg Maxalt (not mlt, but the pill you swallow) so far 4 times to successfully abort attacks.  I take it as soon as that sinus pressure begins in my head.  It takes 10-20 minutes for the symptoms to subside.  So far, the pain level has been tolerable.  The trick is to pop one as soon as you suspect an attack.  The neuro I saw yesterday said not to exceed 20mg/day, but read the clinical studies and draw your own conclusions.  I'll be taking as many as I get attacks.  The pain is worse than the remote possiblity of side-effects.
IP Logged
windy
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Mar 19th, 2003, 1:50pm »

I am new to this site-husband suffers from CH-in a session now.But-wanted you to know he suffered from an almost fatal reaction to maxalt 4yrs ago-no longer can take any of these-be very careful w/this drug.We were very lucky paramedics were able to revive him. Glad it works for some of you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss