Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 16th, 2024, 4:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Newbie »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newbie  (Read 281 times)
TheMoes
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« on: Mar 11th, 2003, 8:28pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi there, new to the site.  I'm typing this for my hubby who's been suffering headaches for about 7 years now.  He has lots of questions for you all.  He'd like to know what triggers your episodes, what you've done to alleviate the pain, and I think he'd basically like to touch base with other sufferers.

Lately, Imitrex inhalers and scalding hot showers have helped him beat back the pain.  Has anyone else used the hot water to fight back the headaches?

He thought he'd escaped them this year (usually come from November to January) but has just had several days of suffering.  

Thank you in advance for any input.  Look forward to getting to know you all.
IP Logged
cbolony
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12th, 2003, 11:22am »

I took a lot of hot and cold showers for the pain on the left side of my face i thought is was sinus but nobody with sinus had pain like i had. went to neuro said i had
CH.Went over 5 years with no meds man did i suffer.Now i take imitrex injection and they save me all the time.Also on verapamil 480mg a day and also have 02.Btw the showers i took were anywhere from 30-90 mins. i thought they help me but did not know that CH only last 15-120 min.
IP Logged
ave

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 14th, 2003, 1:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello Themoes, and sadly welcome. I think this is not the right forum for your questions, try the main message board to introduce yourself.

Try all the buttons on the left and search the Ouch website for lots of practical information. Use the search facility, to find out if a question has been asked (and answered) before. and if you cabn. read all the posts...

Tell your hubby to come here too; best place to be if you are an inhabitant of clusterville. We know what it's like.

And if you should feel in need of some support for yourself, there's family services and the supporters message board.

Hoping to see you again here!
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 14th, 2003, 2:07pm »

The best abortives for individual attacks are Imitrex injections and breathing Oxygen at 8-12 literrs per minute via a non-rebreather mask.  This combo will stop an attack in it's tracks in 5-10 minutes.

Best preventatives are verapamil, prednisone or lithium.

Read all the links on the left and visit the OUCH library for more info.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Dave_W
New Board Junior

Pain Free Days!!!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 14th, 2003, 3:13pm »

Hi Ms Moe!

BobP always, religiously posts exactly what I would have said before I get a chance to do so.  I think he's my evil but much quicker space-time counterpart  That's why I still have newbie status after four years here....

I wanted to add, though, that for my first 15 or so years of CH, the only weapon that helped at all was hot water on the old face, neck, up the nose, whatever!  It still feels good if I have a major attack going to step into a shower while I wait for the Imitrex to kick in.

Welcome!  Ask anything anytime.  This place made my life lots more fun by giving me the tools to take to a doctor so I could start fighting the disease effectively.

Pain Free Days, all!!

Old Dave
IP Logged

Old Decrepit Dave
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss