Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 4:15pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Verapamil combos question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Verapamil combos question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Verapamil combos question  (Read 301 times)
maggie_may
New Board Veteran
USA 

maggie_may_12   ladydeth12
Email

Verapamil combos question
« on: Mar 12th, 2003, 9:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

short question ahead...

Are there any other meds other than lithium and prednisone that neuros typically mix with verapamil?  

maggie
IP Logged

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Gandhi

The human spirit is stronger than anything that happens to it. - C.C. Scott
Joanie
New Board Junior
USA 

God Bless America

Email

Re: Verapamil combos question
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12th, 2003, 10:10am »

Hi Maggie,

My doctor currently has me on the verapamil and lithium along with a stronger steroid (dexamethasone).  When I asked him last week he told me no other meds should be mixed with the lithium.  I have taken a combination of verapamil and depakote.  That didn't work either!  Years ago I was taking verapamil and sansert together, but my understanding from him is that the company does not make the sansert any longer because it is no longer profitable for them.  

Hope this helps,
Joanie
IP Logged
Joanie
New Board Junior
USA 

God Bless America

Email

Re: Verapamil combos question
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12th, 2003, 10:20am »

Hi Maggie,

Currently taking verapamil, lithium and a stronger steroid (dexamethasone).  Spoke to the Dr. last week and he told me that no other meds should be mixed with the lithium.  However, I have taken depakote with the verapamil and years ago sansert with the verapamil.  Unfortunately, the sansert is no longer available because it is not profitable for the company that made it.

Hope this helps and sorry if the post shows up twice!
Joanie
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss