Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 8:08am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A noobie with questions »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   A noobie with questions
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A noobie with questions  (Read 253 times)
Yet Another Mike
New Board Newbie

What was the question?

A noobie with questions
« on: Apr 6th, 2003, 4:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello.  I have a few questions. first i was reading something about amytriptyline not being an "apropreat" treatment. Any idea what the hell that means? Second. I am ADD and normaly take Ritalin for it. i have been off of the ritalin for a while befor i head off to collage.  Next autum. Anyone got any treatment ideas that wont clash with th ritalin? And while its true they use simaler medication to treat both and it could be theoreticly possable to kill 2 birds with one stone(i was on torfinel for ADD at one point). the only things that help the ADD are the typical stemulents used to treat it. dexadine(sp) ritalen and the like. I will of corse bring this up to the Doc when i see him in a few weeks  to let him know how the amytriptyline is working. just wondered if anyone else had to deal with both and how. Also,  what are the legalities of obtaining oxygen in the U.S for those headaches that slip past? seems like a nice quick and natural way to stop them.

PS. forgive the crappy spelling  Wink
PSS. Iv been up 18 hours and the pills dont help the matter. ill check the posts in the morning. And thank you for your soon to be infomation  Cheesy
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: A noobie with questions
« Reply #1 on: Apr 6th, 2003, 7:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Mike.  
If you have cluster headaches you may want to try verapamil.  It seems to be very effective for many people here and the side effects are not too bothersome.  I have taken verapamil, imitrex, and oxygen while taking Ritalin so I don't think they interfere with each other, but check with your doc.  You should definately give the oxygen a try, it works great for many.  You need a prescription for the oxygen.  You may want to search the archives here because a while ago there were some people posting that Ritalin was helpful for thier cluster headaches.  For me, I think that sometimes it helps get rid of a shadow, but I've never had it prevent or abort full blown cluster headaches.
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss