Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 7:11pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « cranial osteopath »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   cranial osteopath
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: cranial osteopath  (Read 307 times)
gwen
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cranial osteopath
« on: Aug 7th, 2003, 3:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i was wondering if any body has tried treatments with a cranial osteopath for ch. i ve read up on a woman that suffered ch for 4 and half months every day. and after 3 or 4 treatment it worked . they say that the mid meningeal artery can be manipulated back into position. the meninges are the fibres covering the brain,which have their own blood supply. i had 1 treatment my self going back next thursday. has anyone esle tried this treatment. please help would love some reply. many thnks. gwen.
IP Logged
forgetfulnot

Email

Re: cranial osteopath
« Reply #1 on: Aug 7th, 2003, 10:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Cranial osteopathic treatment involves hands-on manipulation to gently free areas of the body which have restricted motion. Treatment often involves cradling the head or the sacrum (tailbone), using gentle pressures to free movement of restricted bones or other tissues. This type of treatment is also used to treat any area of the body. Through these approaches many complaints can be treated, including low back problems, TMJ dysfunction, headaches and menstrual cramps. In addition, patients often experience an ongoing, improved sense of well-being and health.

I go to a DO. a young guy, he has never mentioned this as a viable treatment for cluster headache. I doubt he will either.

Lee
IP Logged
gwen
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

cranial osteopath part 2
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19th, 2003, 1:40pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Smiley my name is gwen for 4 months i thought i was suffering cluster headaches but through good advice on ouch website chatroom that to make sure i was not suffering with hemicrania. indomethacin works very effective . i also have had my 5th cranial treatment. i am now down to 1 tablet a day. cluster headaches and hemicrania are very similar. what im trying to say is if it works for hemicrania, im hoping it could work for ch sufferers. any questions just email me i  will be only to happy to reply.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss