Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 1st, 2024, 11:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new herbal med for migranes »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   new herbal med for migranes
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new herbal med for migranes  (Read 476 times)
ccbiggsoo7
New Board Veteran

new herbal med for migranes
« on: Apr 12th, 2005, 6:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I went to the neuro today and mentioned all the hype about kudza on this site. I told him it was helping a lot of people. He went back and grabbed a bottle of something new from germany called petadolex. It is a all natural herb medicine that is just finished controlled studies. He gave me this to try. He said he didn't know if it would help clusters or not , but since it had went through all the studies for migranes it was worth a shot and might work on other types of headaches. I was just wondering if anybody had heard of this and/or used it. On the pamplet he gave me it had a website in case anybody is interested www.migraneaid.com  I don't know if it is similiar to kudza or not because I haven't been able to locate that stuff around my area. Anything is worth a try though. It had a 62% improvement over the course of the studies. My doctor said that was really excellent, compared to most. Anyway I start it today, still staying on the lith, verap, neurontin trio. Until something better comes my way. We'll see.
IP Logged

chris
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: new herbal med for migranes
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 7:02pm »

make that

http://www.migraineaid.com/
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 7:34pm »

LMAO.....Boobzilla Grin
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 12th, 2005, 8:56pm »

In 2004 Petadolex ( Butterbur root (Petasites hybridus extract) - in Switzerland: PETADOLOR, DOLOMED - was withdrawn from the market and forbidden by the Swissmedic authorities.

In 2002 a German pharmacological periodical reported the case of a woman that suffered an acute liver necrosis after having taken Petadolex - she needed a liver transplant! And there was no evidence that another drug could have caused the disaster in this case.

Meanwhile in Germany six more cases of severe liver damages caused by Petadolex were reported.

Swissmedic comments: " The course of the liver damage caused by Butterbur root extract is not predictable, so that lab controls of the liver are useless as prevention. The consideration «benefit versus potential damage» results negative for Butterbur root extract".  

It's a widely spread misbelief that "natural" drugs are generally harmless - a lot of herbal poisons belong to the most powerful ones we know!

Thomas
« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2005, 9:08pm by Tom » IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
ccbiggsoo7
New Board Veteran

« Reply #4 on: Apr 13th, 2005, 12:00am »

Tom , thanks for  the info, just curious where did you come up w/ this at. They have taken out the pyrrolizidine alkaloids which is what was causing the liver problems. Is this what you were refering to?
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2005, 12:27am by ccbiggsoo7 » IP Logged

chris
Tom
New Board Veteran

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 13th, 2005, 7:24pm »

Hi,

unfortunately I only found an information in German language about Petadolex under:

http://sun250.biblio.etc.tu-bs.de/pipermail/pharma/2004-February/003842. html

I remembered to have read it a time ago.

Thomas
IP Logged

Thomas/Munich
TonyG1

Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 13th, 2005, 8:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

This is interesting ... they help with Migranes but contain high levels of cancer causing agents:

http://my.webmd.com/content/article/26/1728_58934.htm
« Last Edit: Apr 13th, 2005, 8:41pm by Tony3901 » IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #7 on: Apr 14th, 2005, 11:51pm »

so, you asked your doctor about kudzu, and shared the fact that a number of people seem to be having some success, and he turns from you, reaches up to the shelf and grabs "Butterbur" instead and says take this, "it rules".

that's logical.

logical where?

IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
ccbiggsoo7
New Board Veteran

« Reply #8 on: Apr 21st, 2005, 1:59pm »

Took this shit for about 4 days caused "hits out the ass". 2 to 3 a day. Quit it last week and have only been hit twice. Never had a med that triggered em like that. Should be advertised "Guarenteed to give you clusters". Save your time. Chris
IP Logged

chris
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss