Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 17th, 2024, 10:38pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New to O2..the risks or explosion? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   New to O2..the risks or explosion?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New to O2..the risks or explosion?  (Read 317 times)
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

New to O2..the risks or explosion?
« on: Apr 23rd, 2005, 9:49pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Ok, I know I might be paranoid but I'm new to using O2. I've read the info about safety and risks and it scares the crap out of me that when I go to turn it on it could expode! What could I do  wrong?? I used it last night for the first time and it worked in 15 minutes!! I was so pleased but a bit nervous about turning the thing on. They gave me portables as I requested because i use to always get hit in the daytime. But this time I am getting hit at night. I used one cylinder up last night for 2 hits!! So, I am going to have my doc order me a tank for bedside as the portable is not going to supply enough. So again..I don't want to blow up!! Please help reassure me! It's coming from a medical supply company so what could I do wrong to cause a problem????

Thanks for input!
Lori
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: New to O2..the risks or explosion?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:07pm »

Quote:
what could I do wrong to cause a problem????

That's a very confusing question.  Grin  

One thing you could do wrong is smoke while using the O2. Don't have lit candles near the O2. And don't be leaning against the water heater in the garage while sucking on it.

Are you using a non-rebreather mask? You are, right? Cut the band that goes around your head off. That's so if you fall asleep the mask will fall away from your face.

Did you get a bubbler? That's to add moisture to the O2 to help with the dry throat syndrome.

And, the tank is not going to explode when you turn it on.  

IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:15pm »

Well, no bubbler with the small tanks I have but i will request that when I ask for a big tank Monday. No one smokes and i WON'T light ANY candles or store it in the garage.  Smiley They gave me a face mask but it doesn't have a bag. The said it was a non-rebreather mask? It worked though and hopefully will continue.

You sure it won't blow up when I turn it on???? I don't know why it makes me nervous. I feel real stupid.  Smiley

Thanks,
Lori
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Apr 23rd, 2005, 10:36pm »

On the left side of your screen is a 'oxygen info' button. Click it and scroll down just a bit. There is a picture of a non-rebreather mask.

No need to feel stupid. Just turn it on and watch the gauges go up. Stick the mask on your face and breath deeply.  And do it early, when you first feel the attack coming on.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss