Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 4:04am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « info on LSA please... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   info on LSA please...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: info on LSA please...  (Read 613 times)
Axel
New Board Newbie
Canada 

after 15 years  finally found a name for the beast

Email

info on LSA please...
« on: May 4th, 2005, 9:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey gang,
                 I saw on another thread that someone was trying an infusion of LSA seeds instead of the shroom tea... What is the difference between the two and what is LSA exactly...? thanks.........Axel.
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2005, 3:31am by Axel » IP Logged

.......ciao... AXEL.......
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

Re: info on LSA please...
« Reply #1 on: May 4th, 2005, 9:19pm »

Hawaiian Baby Woodrose Seeds containing LSA, a substance closely related to LSD. The seeds of the plant contain numerous lysergic acid amides, including ergine, ergonovine and isoergine, a chemical group that also includes the well known hallucinogen LSD. LSD-like effects, but less intense, with less visuals. Trip lasts 6-8 hours; tranquil feelings may last additional 12 hours. Sleep is deep and refreshing after trip, however some users may experience a hangover characterized by blurred vision, vertigo, and physical intertia.
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
Axel
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #2 on: May 4th, 2005, 9:37pm »

Hey big thanks Mynm, that was very quick...!!!WOW!...  I'm just being curious here, but does anyone have any links, for further data on the subject...? I thought I'd read on most options but hadn't heard about this one...
     .....PF to all........Axel
IP Logged

Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: May 4th, 2005, 10:10pm »

Try www.google.com

Did search for LSA then searched within results for hallucinogen.  Found these:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&q=LSA&as_q=hallucinog en&btnG=Search%C2%A0within%C2%A0results

IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #4 on: May 5th, 2005, 9:11am »

There have been a few people recently reporting success with the seeds.  You only need to use a couple for a dose.  For people who suffer gastric upset with psilocybin, LSA doesn't cause the upset.  You just need to take a very small dose.
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
floridian

Email

« Reply #5 on: May 5th, 2005, 10:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

In high doses,  the plant mixtures (baby woodrose, morning glory) can cause problems with circulation and blood pressure.  This is likely to be less of a problem with the sputnik method or a weak tea consumed over several hours.  

Some links:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsa/lsa.shtml
http://www.erowid.org/plants/hbw/hbw.shtml
« Last Edit: May 5th, 2005, 11:00am by floridian » IP Logged
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #6 on: May 5th, 2005, 4:58pm »

So it would seem someone with a circulatory disease should not use this method, correct?

Thanks, this is interesting!
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Flash

Email

« Reply #7 on: May 6th, 2005, 1:27pm »

on May 5th, 2005, 4:58pm, broomhilda wrote:
So it would seem someone with a circulatory disease should not use this method, correct?

Thanks, this is interesting!

The same would apply to most CH medication!  Especially ergotamine, sumatriptan (trex, maxalt etc), methysergide (sansert), propanolol all of which are primarily vascular constrictors

Unlike those drugs and LSA is only a mild vascular constrictor as is O2.  I think the key thing here is to keep the dose low.  

However I would caution you that any anxiety would be amplified by a hallucinogenic drug potentially raising heart rate and blood pressure.  Another good reason to tread carefully and start of with very low doses, preferably below the threshold where any noticable effects kick in, and then gradually increase until you establish where the comfort zone lies.
IP Logged
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #8 on: May 6th, 2005, 8:30pm »

I have now dosed 4 times with LSA Woodrose increasing the dose level each time. The first 3 doses were while in severe hits, thus I didn't really notice any "trip" effects. The 4 th dose was done while completely pain free for almost 3 weeks, (a miracle for me), and obviously from the LSA. 15 seeds were ground and drank and a slow ramp up took place over about 2-3 hours with very mild pattern and color enhancement. This lasted until I fell asleep easily 11 hours later with a feeling of well being. Woke with still a little visual activity but felt great and out of cycle. It's now been 2 days and I have been hit and pain free. Please remember these are MY results and should not be construed as a suggestion for usage by anyone, as that is a personal decision. Blessings, Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
Axel
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #9 on: May 7th, 2005, 11:15pm »

Thank you everyone for your all your info and links...!I really appreciate everyones generosity in sharing their experiences and aquired knowledge...!!!
 Jokrs ,thanks for sharing your results, really hope this works out for you... I've read up a bit on the subject , and sounds very similar to what the shrooms do to the brain. I've had good results with two doses of shroom tea, but am keeping active in further seeking any new related info on battling with the beast... I had bad experiences with meds, so the alternative's side-effects sound less threathening to me... I hope you'll share  the futur developments  and progress of your trials...
  ...Lots of PF Vibes your way...
         Axel.
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #10 on: May 8th, 2005, 6:04pm »

on May 6th, 2005, 1:27pm, Flash wrote:

Unlike those drugs and LSA is only a mild vascular constrictor as is O2.  I think the key thing here is to keep the dose low.  

However I would caution you that any anxiety would be amplified by a hallucinogenic drug potentially raising heart rate and blood pressure.  Another good reason to tread carefully and start of with very low doses, preferably below the threshold where any noticable effects kick in, and then gradually increase until you establish where the comfort zone lies.

I agree that keeping the dose low minimizes the risk.  But the woodrose, baby woodrose, and morning glory seeds contain lots of other things in addition to LSA (ergometrine, isoergine, ergine).  While vomitting is not that common with shrooms or LSD, it is very common with recreational doses of seeds.  The vascular effects of the seeds is not trivial.  Some of the trip reports at Erowid talk about people's fingers turning blue and going numb ... granted, that is probably from a kid who gobbled a very large dose to see stars, but raises some precautions.  Also, there is variability in the potency. The advice to start at a low dose and increase it very gradually makes sense if anyone is considering this route.  

Also, be sure to distinguish between the type of seed you have.  Morning glory, Woodrose and Baby Woodrose are very different in terms of their potency.
« Last Edit: May 8th, 2005, 6:05pm by floridian » IP Logged
Candycane

Email

« Reply #11 on: May 9th, 2005, 6:22pm »

Can these be taken while also using preventives? Like verapamil/lithium? Or not needed after while? Anyone?
IP Logged
Axel
New Board Newbie
Canada 

Email

« Reply #12 on: May 10th, 2005, 10:21am »

Hi Candy, anyone thinking of using any type of treatment, should ABSOLUTELY BE MED FREE ! Some drugs work on the same part of the brain, and therefore cannot  be mixed together... Never mix treatments!I think only o2 can be used with safely most treatments. ....ciao....PF

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2005, 10:23am by Axel » IP Logged

Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: May 10th, 2005, 10:37am »

Quote:
Some drugs work on the same part of the brain, and therefore cannot  be mixed together
I'm trying to understand this reasoning.  If one drug is already working on say 5HT2a receptors, what good would it do to take another that works on the same?
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Flash

Email

« Reply #14 on: May 10th, 2005, 11:21am »

on May 10th, 2005, 10:37am, Bob P wrote:

I'm trying to understand this reasoning.  If one drug is already working on say 5HT2a receptors, what good would it do to take another that works on the same?

Yeah BobP, based on your argument I've changed my approach and now recommend that people should shovel a whole bunch of different drugs down their throats at once.  After all you're PF aren't you?  Oh... wait.
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #15 on: May 10th, 2005, 11:52am »

aw, Flash - please tell me you didn't just say that you're HAPPY Bob is in cycle?  Sad
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
dirky
New Board Newbie
Wales 

send the love round

« Reply #16 on: May 10th, 2005, 12:00pm »

floridian wrote :
While vomitting is not that common with shrooms or LSD, it is very common with recreational doses of seeds.

The point about recreational/entheogenic usage reports is well made. you realy have to do a lot of reading before you can make an attempt to sort the wheat from the chaff.

As with any seed, a proportion of them will be unviable (wouldn't sprout if planted) and hence may well be contaminated by other organisms. Many sources warn of an antifungal treatment being applied to the seeds. though it would seem that even "legitamate" horticultural suppliers are aware that this is an issue for some purchasers.

references

http://www.nickys-nursery.co.uk/seeds/pages/page7ipomoea.htm #BZ176T

“Sold for germinating and growing of the plant Argyreia nervosa, seeds are untreated. Caution some parts of the plant and seeds are toxic.”

http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Argyreia

“The "furry" outer skin of the seeds purportedly contains cyanogenic glycosides, also found in the pits of most fruit, such as apples and apricots, the ingestion of which is the likely cause of nausea reported by those who have eaten the seeds.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2005, 12:02pm by dirky » IP Logged
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #17 on: May 10th, 2005, 12:27pm »

Thanks for the info Dirk - and good to see you back here.

Any news on the date of the fresh psilocybe ban in the UK?

-Lee
IP Logged
dirky
New Board Newbie
Wales 

send the love round

« Reply #18 on: May 10th, 2005, 12:42pm »

Well, the Drugs Bill 2005 was passed through in the Wash-up session at the end of the last parliament, (there was resistance from certain lords, but it would appear that in all the horse trading that goes on in back rooms, scrutiny was the last thing on the party whip's minds)

So the law is just waiting for enactment. The home office will be trying to put a few caveats in place to prevent the landed gentry from facing possesion charges should they have mushrooms growing on thier country piles. It is expected to be enacted sometime in july, meaning you could end up with a seven year jail sentence for simple possesion or life imprisonment should you give one to a friend.

A legal challenge is being attempted by the entheogen defence fund,  http://www.entheogendefencefund.org.uk/index.htm
who have appointed London based Solicitors (Hickman & Rose) and are organising a march in London on June 5th to present an official pettition to the Prime Minister.

My advice to anyone using mushrooms for CH treatment in the UK at the moment is-
  • aquire the neccesary equipment and knowledge to be able to produce the mushrooms independantly of anyone else.
  • investigate the LSA treatment
  • consider supporting the EDF
  • You could aquire enough mushrooms to last a couple of years and research the methods to dry and preserve them properly, this would be illegal - but not wrong
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2005, 12:51pm by dirky » IP Logged
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #19 on: May 11th, 2005, 3:41am »

Thanks again Dirk.  I have already done all four things you suggested.  I am anticipating being self-sufficient with both psilocybin and LSA, that is when my current medication runs out in about two years time (maybe more) Undecided

All the best with the defence fund and the march.

-Lee
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss