Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jun 2nd, 2024, 4:22am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Eletriptan (Relpax) and Zoloft »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Eletriptan (Relpax) and Zoloft
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Eletriptan (Relpax) and Zoloft  (Read 1489 times)
headbanger45
New Board Newbie
USA 

Busted head and rocking

Eletriptan (Relpax) and Zoloft
« on: Jul 27th, 2005, 1:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Is there any danger taking Eletriptan (Relpax) and Zoloft on the same day? I haven't felt anything, but I've been peaking pretty good for the last few nights and wondered if I need to quit the zoloft during these harder fights with the beast.  

Thanks for the heads up -

Has anyone seen my left eye, lost it last night !!!
IP Logged
bnfreeman
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Re: Eletriptan (Relpax) and Zoloft
« Reply #1 on: Jul 27th, 2005, 2:03pm »

I haven't taken Zoloft with Relpax, but I have been on Lexapro and Effexor and took it with no problems. I think Zoloft, Effexor and Lexapro are along the same lines. Hope this helps.

BF
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Eletriptan (Relpax) and Zoloft
« Reply #2 on: Jul 27th, 2005, 2:10pm »

From Drugs.com

sertraline and eletriptan (major Drug-Drug)  

Description:  
MONITOR CLOSELY: Concomitant use of agents with serotonergic activity such as serotonin reuptake inhibitors, monoamine oxidase inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants, 5-HT1 receptor agonists, ergot alkaloids, lithium, St. John's wort, phenylpiperidine opioids, dextromethorphan, and 5-hydroxytryptophan may potentiate the risk of serotonin syndrome, which is a rare but serious and potentially fatal condition thought to result from hyperstimulation of brainstem 5-HT1A receptors.  
MANAGEMENT:
In general, the concomitant use of multiple serotonergic agents should be avoided if possible, or otherwise approached with caution if potential benefit is deemed to outweigh the risk. Close monitoring is recommended for signs and symptoms of excessive serotonergic activity such as CNS irritability, altered consciousness, confusion, myoclonus, ataxia, abdominal cramping, hyperpyrexia, shivering, pupillary dilation, diaphoresis, hypertension, and tachycardia. Particular caution is advised when increasing the dosages of these agents.

Please note: only generic drug names are displayed.

sertraline (moderate Drug-Food)  
Description:  

MONITOR:
Grapefruit juice may increase the plasma concentrations of some orally administered drugs that are substrates of the CYP450 3A4 isoenzyme. The proposed mechanism is inhibition of CYP450 3A4-mediated first-pass metabolism in the gut wall by certain compounds present in grapefruits. The extent and clinical significance are unknown. Moreover, pharmacokinetic alterations associated with interactions involving grapefruit juice are often subject to a high degree of interpatient variability.  

MANAGEMENT:
Patients who regularly consume grapefruits and grapefruit juice should be monitored for adverse effects and altered plasma concentrations of drugs that are metabolized by CYP450 3A4. Grapefruits and grapefruit juice should be avoided if an interaction is suspected. Orange juice is not expected to interact with these drugs.

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss