Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 29th, 2024, 4:08am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cluster headache after tick bite(s)? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cluster headache after tick bite(s)?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cluster headache after tick bite(s)?  (Read 5771 times)
cluster
New Board Veteran
Germany 

Water X 3 - It works !

Cluster headache after tick bite(s)?
« on: Dec 6th, 2007, 7:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Did anybody here develop CH after having had tick bite(s), Lyme disease/borreliosis, Tick-borne meningoencephalitis or other Tick-borne disease?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyme_disease

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick-borne_meningoencephalitis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tick-borne_disease

With the search function I found nothing.

PubMed search results: Nothing, but one case report about Lyme disease and Raeder paratrigeminal neuralgia:  Link

pf wishes and thanks in advance for your answers!
Friedrich

IP Logged

-> Click here to join O.U.C.H.

http://ck-wissen.de - German CH Site

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge"
Daniel J.Boorstin
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Cluster headache after tick bite(s)?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 6th, 2007, 7:53am »

one can get painful headaches that are intermmittent from lyme disease in addition to a continously painful headache.

I hae never ad anything regarding CH from lyme disease or tick bite
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 6th, 2007, 10:07am »

I'm an outdoorsman/hunter who has regularly had to remove..(much to Christy's disgust!!!!)....ticks from my body. To my knowledge I've never developed any of the diseases related to ticks, Lymes, deer's etc...and have never had a cycle started,ended or affected by the ticks.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Monty

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 6th, 2007, 10:43am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I had plenty of tick bites when I was young and spent time in the woods. Don't know that I had lyme disease - never diagnosed, maybe I was exposed (??).  

I suppose many different diseases could cause immune changes that affect the brain or the neurotransmitters. Histamine seems to be a big factor for me.
IP Logged
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 6th, 2007, 10:40pm »

I spent a lot of time in the woods when I was a kid and do remember pulling one tick off of me--off my face when I was like ten.  
Just curious, what made you connect the 2--Lyme disease and cluster headache?  Be interested to know...
IP Logged
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #5 on: Dec 6th, 2007, 10:46pm »

I see that one of the neuropsychiatric symptoms of Lyme disease is sleep disturbance--interesting--you couldn't get much more disturbed sleep than with cluster headaches.  Just a thought.
IP Logged
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 6th, 2007, 11:02pm »

cluster,

I don't know if you saw the article  
http://cassia.org/essay.htm or google "When to Suspect Lyme"--way down in that article there is mention that "some lyme headaches are compatible with the characteristics of cluster headache including responsiveness to oxygen".  Interesting that they share a similar quality.  Good luck with your research.
IP Logged
cluster
New Board Veteran
Germany 

Water X 3 - It works !

« Reply #7 on: Dec 7th, 2007, 7:07am »

on Dec 6th, 2007, 10:40pm, starlight wrote:

Just curious, what made you connect the 2--Lyme disease and cluster headache?  Be interested to know...

Hello starlight,

the reason for asking is that I know two CH patients who have been diagnosed having lyme disease and developed CH after this. This may be coincidence. Perhaps there are some more cases on this planet?

The link you posted is amazingly interesting, thank you very much indeed, I will investigate further into this!

Thanks to E-Double, Monthy and Guiseppi for your answers. Anybody else?

pf wishes,
Friedrich

IP Logged

-> Click here to join O.U.C.H.

http://ck-wissen.de - German CH Site

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge"
Daniel J.Boorstin
michaelbischof
New Board Newbie
Germany 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 8th, 2007, 5:54pm »

Hi,

in my life I got thousands of ticks and never ever had one single problem with them. Until in late August 1998 I got one on my back which I discovered quite late. End of October (!) somebody approached me at the beach in Turkey and put my attention to a big red spot on my back, as he said. In the hotel room I discovered with a mirror that there was a big, 8-9 cm diameter red spot on the skin.  
I remembered soon an article about a new kind of illness, Borelliosis, in a August newspaper. Back home I  visited the doctor. The diagnosis was Lyme disease and it was treated immediately with antibiotics.  
And then, end of November, I got CK the first time in my life and never got rid of it until today.  
This may be a random coincidence. But if one has a close look into the long term residues of Borellia spirochaete bacteria one detects that they tend to infect nervous tissues - and CK is apparently connected with irregularities of the hypothalamus and/or something close to the trigeminus nerve. So I question that this was just an accidental co-occurrence - and I admit that it is no real evidence.

Regards,

Michael
IP Logged
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 9th, 2007, 7:26am »

In Australia tick bites are very common. I see usually a couple of times a week. I had not seen Lyme disease for a while but had to remove many a tick buried deep in someones flesh.

If tick bites can cause CH directly without other factors, then we should see a lot more people with CH, especially in rural areas or 3rd world countries where infections from bites would be a common problem. However, that doesnt seem to be the case.  
IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
swimchica623
New Board Veteran
USA 

Get hit.  Hit back harder.  That's life.

swimchica623

« Reply #10 on: Dec 9th, 2007, 3:19pm »

When I was 14 I had the ring rash and generally did not feel very well so after talking to a good family friend that had Lyme's, and since we live in an area of the US that is one of the most prone to Lyme's, we decided to get it checked out.  It was late very early September so it was the right time of year for it too.  The doctor examined the rash and said it looked exactly like Lyme's and ran a blood test.  The blood test was not positive for Lyme's, but since the rash was so classic, it was late summer, I live by a wooded area and had just spent more time in the woods than normal, he treated me for it anyway, just to be on the safe side.  Sometimes in the earliest signs (the rash had only been there for a few days) it doesn't show up on blood tests, or it has to culture or something like that?  
So in answer to your question...maybe.  But not to the level that it affected my brain, didn't make it past that ring rash if it was anything more than a really bad bite by some sort of bug that just made me a little queasy.  But it did go away during the course of antibiotics, either by coincidence with time or because they actually were needed.
But I have gotten bit by lot of ticks, including one I remember clearly from when I was really little, not sure what they are called (dog tick comes to mind?) that was really, really big and absolutely disgusting!!  I think I was only about 5 years old but it was so gross I still remember it to this day!  
Sorry this was so long, hope I gave you some helpful info though. Smiley  
Lisa
IP Logged
horsegirl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Cluster Headaches

« Reply #11 on: Dec 20th, 2007, 3:56pm »

i was diagnoised with a virus from multiple tickbites in may, and ,I baleve it was june when my ch returned, but they were due.I'll never stop mushroom hunting though! but i may have said different when I had a temp of 103 ,chills and so achy I fely like I'd been hit by a truck.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss