Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Mar 28th, 2024, 4:13pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Starting Kudzu again... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Starting Kudzu again...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Starting Kudzu again...  (Read 4363 times)
Melissa

Email

Re: Starting Kudzu again...
« Reply #100 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 6:30am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

OK here, I cannot believe it, but I got a whole 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked  I think it's because I decided to take 3 excedrin migraine before going to bed (which works for me to kill shadows in addition to my prevention herb of choice, Kudzu).  

1 hit, 4:22am-4:42am.  20 min. it took for the O2 to kill it.  That was a long time, but at least it DID kill it!  The highest I could feel it ramp up to was a kip 4, so I think it was going to be a very nasty one. Sad  Anyway, I'll be very very happy when Ben's mask gets here, as I am hoping to slice that time in 1/2. Wink

I may have found a regiment that works for me.  Kudzu, O2 and Excedrin Migraine.  I'll add to this post tomorrow with an edit as to how Christmas Eve goes....

IP Logged
cmoore
New Board Newbie
USA 

clusterbuster

chrismo5555
WWW Email

« Reply #101 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 6:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

i hope christmas goes well for you. I had a fine pain free day today and will be posting my whole experience from this cycle soon.

best of luck - chris
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #102 on: Dec 24th, 2005, 7:14am »

hug
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #103 on: Dec 25th, 2005, 8:11pm »

It was nice.  Was PF all day yesterday.  Well, at least till an hour after I went to sleep. Sad

1:55am-2:03am, kip 7 knocked out with O2 pretty quick.  The next one didn't fare as well.

3:15am- 3:50am, kip 7 again, did 20min of O2 which didn't knock it out, so after huffing on that I headed to the shower to rock and rub it away.  After it finally left I went back to bed with wet hair (as usual) and a cold pack.  Slept until 5am when my daughter threw open our door and asked if she could open gifts from Santa. Roll Eyes  I think the past couple nights have been so active because of the weather, switching from rain to snow. (high and low fronts, barometric pressure has always been a PITA for me)

I am home early today from hubby's grandparents as I could barely keep my eyes open.  I'm trying to at least stay awake until 8pm when I take my Kudzu dose.  

I hope everyone else's Christmas was a PF one!
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #104 on: Dec 26th, 2005, 12:33am »

If only you'e had a Clustermasx to aid you in your time of chagrin.

Alas.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #105 on: Dec 26th, 2005, 8:34am »

Yes RJ, if only the post had 8 flying reindeer and Santas magic... *sigh*

ok, last night: 8:50pm-9:36pm, kip 7, $#^%#&%$&*##@@

this morning: 3:09am-3:21am, kip?,  killed with O2
       5:20am-6:05am, kip 4

I've been disoriented lately, due to lack of sleep, so there have been times I haven't grabbed and turned on the O2, but found it easier to strip off my clothes and hide in the shower whilest rubbing my head. Undecided  Probably because it's a little easier to coordinate than holding a mask on for 20min whilest rubbing head  Huh.  Who knows.  I do know that I probably have 1 hit left on my tank and then I'll have to take her in for a fill up.  Good thing doc rx'd 2 of them, eh?

I'm going to nap again today as soon as I take my a.m. kudzu dose.  I am so very fortunate I don't get hit much during the day!!!!!

Cool
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #106 on: Dec 26th, 2005, 3:48pm »

on Dec 26th, 2005, 8:34am, Melissa wrote:
but found it easier to strip off my clothes and hide in the shower whilest rubbing my head. Undecided  Probably because it's a little easier to coordinate than holding a mask on for 20min whilest rubbing head   Cool

Seriously, have you tried, or considered, taking the mask into the shower with you?

On a lighter note, I can see a promotional video in Ben's future if such a thing proved useful.  Wink

Hope things improve Mel,
Bobw
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Melissa

Email

« Reply #107 on: Dec 26th, 2005, 4:01pm »

on Dec 26th, 2005, 3:48pm, Pinkfloyd wrote:

Seriously, have you tried, or considered, taking the mask into the shower with you?

Actually no Bob, I hadn't even thought of that!!  I'll put the tank next to the shower, also that way I won't wake Jesse up.  Poor guy, that damn whooshing of the air makes him jolt up in bed. Sad  I'll let ya know how it goes. Smiley  Only thing is, I hope I don't cut the air flow off in the shower door, LOL.

Quote:
On a lighter note, I can see a promotional video in Ben's future if such a thing proved useful.  Wink

Hope things improve Mel,
Bobw

Hahahaha, you know what?  I told Jesse (hubby if you didn't know by now) that he could film me during an attack, but because I tend to do the shower thing, I wasn't sure it was such a good idea. Undecided  Obviously some think otherwise, LOL! laugh

Thanks hon  Kiss
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #108 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 1:20am »

Hey Melissa---I just wanted to check in to see how things have been going....hoping you're getting more and more Pain-Free experiences---and, of course sleep!!!! My cycle is almost over. I never took prednisone/Verapamil before and this is like my fourteenth, or fifteenth cycle in 28 years......so...I'll keep on hoping that once I stop the meds that the pain is long gone.
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #109 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 10:19am »

Hey Zwibbs, thank you so much!  I truely hope your cycle has ended for you. Smiley

Ok, last night: 9:58pm-10:06pm, O2
This morning: 4:21am-4:37am, O2, 8:04-8:25am, O2

I am increasing my Kudzu dose from 1 pill at 8am to 2 pills and am going to eliminate my pill at 3pm as I keep forgetting to take the damn thing anyway.  I will stay with my 2 pill dose for 8pm.

« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2005, 4:12pm by Melissa » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #110 on: Dec 27th, 2005, 5:35pm »

I received my Clustermasx in the mail today!  I did use it for a shadow, which took it away in 3-4 minutes, but right now it's trying to come back.  I think that's because I have now sat down to relax after picking up around here and doing the dishes (which I haven't been able to do for almost a month now).  I am using the mouthpiece that comes with it, as I am having a blond day and couldn't figure out how to put the mask on so the O2 doesn't go out the wrong way (or something to that effect).  The mouth piece works great, but I only have one problem with it, and that is it makes my throat really really dry.  So I do need to take it out after a few huffs and cough, but since I think I'll be able to knock out attacks quicker, I can put up with the coughing. Wink

The big test will come tonight and I'll report in the a.m.!

Smileymelly

Update: 9:48-10:30, at least a kip7.  Used Bens clustermasx with the mouthpiece, but it didn't kill it like I'd hoped.  I ended up with a burned feeling in my throat and climbing into the shower and then to bed with an ice pack on my head.  Before I went to sleep tho, I made sure and detach the mouthpiece and attach the mask instead.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2005, 9:20am by Melissa » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #111 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 9:24am »

4:36am-4:59am, heavy shadow that I decided I'd try killing with O2.  Brought the pain down considerably with the clustermasx (with mask attachment).  I then iced the area as much as I could stand, then went and had a hot mug of coffee.  Mind you, it takes me a considerably long time to get going in the morning, lol.  Anyway, I like the mask better than the mouthpiece, but am waiting until I get a "normal" hit to really put it to the test.  I'm going to start a new thread as I have questions for others about the mask itself.

Anyway, I'll update this post again if I get hit again before midnight.

Supposedly only 10 more days!!!

oh, and p.s. I will venture to town by myself today to do some shopping and refill an O2 tank.  Should be interesting!  HA HA, ack ack Tongue
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2005, 9:33am by Melissa » IP Logged
cmoore
New Board Newbie
USA 

clusterbuster

chrismo5555
WWW Email

« Reply #112 on: Dec 28th, 2005, 5:32pm »

are you using a "bubbler"??? normally when the water is ran through the hydrating bubbler thing it is supposed to take care of the dry throat problem.
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #113 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 12:39am »

I am having a blond day and couldn't figure out how to put the mask on so the O2 doesn't go out the wrong way (or something to that effect). ------------------------------------------------------------------------ ----------------------------------Now that is funny !!!!
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #114 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 3:36am »

Chris- no, I don't have a bubbler (and I know what you're talking about)

Scott- ha ha Wink

2:15am-2:28am, used O2, I know it would have been a screamer.... I just know it.  I did have to take a Xanax because I was feeling a bit like a basket case with all the crap that happened yesterday. Sad

5:05am-5:12am, used O2, killed it pretty quick
7:18am-7:34am, O2, THAT was going to be a bad one.
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2005, 8:56am by Melissa » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #115 on: Dec 29th, 2005, 9:43am »

on Dec 29th, 2005, 3:36am, Melissa wrote:
I know it would have been a screamer.... I just know it.  
 THAT was going to be a bad one.

Sounds like the kudzu and O2 are making a difference.
Yay!   Smiley

Way to hang in there, melly!  hugs and PF wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #116 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 1:11am »

MELISSA--IT SOUNDS AS IF THE 02 has taken a very positive effect !!! That is truly  wonderful. My Neuro told me if the prednisone and vberapamil didn't work--then it was O 2 for me......Only problem is I smoke, and I had visions of blowing myself and my house up !!! I feel positive that you'll be getting some valuable rest ! Have a happy New Year.
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #117 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 1:21am »

Awesome Mel!!!!!!

and Scott get yor doc to stop sitting on the tank!!!
verap an dpred are prophylactic. it is disgraceful to withold an abortive wiuth a wait and see attitutde
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #118 on: Dec 30th, 2005, 7:08am »

Yes, I suppose the O2 IS working!  I just wish it was a little quicker, but at least I'm not screaming in pain, just moaning a little bit. Wink

Scott- the O2 is an abortive you really need to try and there are MANY clusterheads who smoke, so unless you decide to light up while using it, you don't need to worry.  Also, if it bothers you that much, smoke outside instead of in the house.

Last night sucked, and it is either one, or both, of 2 reasons.  1. It snowed and 2. I decided to try taking melatonin again. Sad  I think that with the combination it SUCKED!  I just can't take the melatonin, and I only took 6mg.  Oh well, at least I gave it a shot!

12:01am-12:19am, O2
2:32am-2:53am, O2
4:36am-5:17am, no O2 because by the time I realized what was happening it ramped up pretty quick, so I headed to the shower and rode most of it out until I calmed myself down enough to go lay down in bed with my head propped up on 2 pillows, with an ice pack at the base of my skull, and then sucked some O2 until I felt the shadows subside.  

I'm freaking tired.

edited to add: I am going to use the mouthpiece on the clustermasx tonight.  I noticed if I turn the regulater down to 10 or 12, I can keep the bag filled and not burn my throat so much while breathing.  Also, today hubby took in one tank to be refilled and he got 2 of them and brought them home because I had just ran out of gas on the 2nd one I had.  He is so GREAT!  Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 30th, 2005, 10:42pm by Melissa » IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #119 on: Dec 31st, 2005, 1:20am »

As I get ready to ship off to work---( anyone who thinks that being in your own business makes you a millionaire--NONSENSE) ---------------------Just wanted to drop you a line hoping that you wake up with no pain ! Have a happy New Year..................Scott-NYC
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #120 on: Dec 31st, 2005, 10:36am »

Scott- thank you so much, that was sweet!  A Very Happy and Pain Free New Year to you as well!! Smiley

Well, last night sucked. Sad  I went to bed at about 11:30pm (fire hadn't died down in the fireplace yet) and woke up at 12:30am-12:47am, used O2, was definately a kip8 and almost got scared that the O2 wouldn't kill it, but thank the Spirit it DID!  

I did wake up again with another CH after moving to the sofa because the son decided to kick me out of my own bed after a nightmare.  Well, inbetween him going back and forth and waking me up so many times, I just grabbed an ice pack out of the freezer around 2am and froze the bastard to death.  That was the 1st time I ever had done that, so it was cool!  

The rest of the night was spent falling asleep off and on and when I woke up it was 8am.  I feel like I haven't slept a wink.

Oh well, onto the New Year!  Supposedly I shouldn't have more than 7 days left of this cycle....uh huh, yeah right. Angry Angry Angry   (Fuck!)

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #121 on: Jan 1st, 2006, 9:44am »

Cycle day 31...

12:39am-12:49am, kip 8 definately, killed with O2
3:06am-3:11am, killed with O2

I've noticed a change in the effectiveness of the Oxygen, and I believe it is due to my taking an extra 2 kudzu pills at 2:30pm yesterday.  

I also know why now I have such a bad headache every morning when I wake up.... I have a very bad cold.  Hopefully it's not a sinus infection, but it could be possible. Sad  The pain for that is more centered between the forehead and the top of my head, and on the bridge of my nose.  My neck would be stiff every morning and my head felt like lead.  I believe the trigeminal nerve on both sides are also affected by it, so I was naturally confusing the pain with shadowing.  I also thought my ch's were trying to switch sides. Undecided  Anyway, I took some AlkaSeltzer Cold medicine about 15 min ago, so hopefully that'll help.  Well, I think I'll need some asprin too.  Yup, happy new year to me, LOL.

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #122 on: Jan 2nd, 2006, 6:56am »

Last night 11:57pm-12:02am & 3:58am-4:04am, both killed with O2.

My regimen so far is as follows:

2 Kudzu (1200mg) three times daily
Multivit, Calcium, Magnesium & Vitamin C once daily
Cymbalta 30mg once daily (for anxiety/depression)
Alka Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine (for head cold)
2 Excedrin PM before bedtime
Oxygen with a Clustermasx to abort

Ever since I noticed I had a head cold, and it wasn't due to my CH's that my head felt like lead all the time (because I can confuse it with the nasal congestion I get from the CH's), the Oxygen has worked wonderfully to kill my attacks.  I do believe also, that there was no way I'd abort them this quick with the standard non-rebreather from the medical equip. place.  The Clustermasx has done an excellent job!
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #123 on: Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:04am »

What is today, day 33??  I think I actually may be at the end of my cycle.  It feels like it's beginning to wane.

Last night I had 2 hits, one from 7:25pm-7:50pm, killed with O2 when I finally made it to the tank 10 min. into my bout, and the second one was from 9:24pm-9:26pm.  Yes, you read that right.  I looked at the clock when it started and when it left.  I used O2 for that one also.

I am beginning to feel like myself again after I've had my Alka Seltzer Plus in the a.m.  I wake with a heavy congested head and a headache on my CH side, but it goes away pretty quick after I have the medicine.

The longest cycle I've ever had is 37 days long.  I hope that will always be the longest I'll ever have!

I'll keep updating until I don't get hit anymore, and I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm not superstitious, so I really do believe it's the beginning of the end for me. Smiley

TTFN

edited to add: I have decided that I am going to start tapering off the Kudzu.  I will be eliminating my morning dose for approx. 1 week, and then will eliminate my afternoon dose for 1 week, and then eventually eliminate my evening dose.  Hope it all goes well!  If anything ramps up, I won't reduce.
« Last Edit: Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:26am by Melissa » IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #124 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 1:33am »

What is today, day 33??  I think I actually may be at the end of my cycle.  It feels like it's beginning to wane.  
------------------------------------------------------------------------ ------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------Oh Melissa---I am sure hoping for you!!!!I've now gone 25 days with sleep---but during the day I get the little twinges, the end of these cycles are always so wonderful !!!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss