Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 20th, 2024, 3:48am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Starting Kudzu again... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Starting Kudzu again...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Starting Kudzu again...  (Read 4379 times)
Melissa

Email

Re: Starting Kudzu again...
« Reply #125 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 8:56am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thank you Scott Smiley

3:00am-3:12am, killed with O2.  Hits are getting to feel different lately, almost like they are weakening, but still trying to get me.  I woke up a lot last night, but I think it was due to my head cold, and confusing my sinus pain with cluster pain. Undecided  I have to make an appt. with my doc to get checked for a sinus infection.  yuck.

Today is day 1 of kudzu taper.  I am not taking my morning dose.
IP Logged
teajay5779
New Board Newbie
USA 

make them STOP, please!

« Reply #126 on: Jan 4th, 2006, 4:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I'm new here Mel and I want to thank you for all this useful info. I've been meaning to keep a CH journal but never get my stuff together. I have been getting CH for 5 years now, Imitrex stopped working and I'm currently using O2 and Melatonin. I'm going to try Kudzu, (is that over the counter?) and I'm getting a clustermasx ASAP. Thanks again for the info
T
IP Logged

What people expect to happen is always different from what actually happens. From this comes great disappointment; this is the way the world works
Melissa

Email

« Reply #127 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 9:36am »

on Jan 4th, 2006, 4:03pm, teajay5779 wrote:
I'm going to try Kudzu, (is that over the counter?) and I'm getting a clustermasx ASAP. Thanks again for the info
T

Yes, it is a root that is available OTC, but most order it online through vitacost.com, as most co-op's and health food stores do not stock it.  I am very glad to hear you have already ordered a clustermasx, it will save you precious time and pain! Smiley

Ok, went to the doc yesterday and he rx'd me some Bactirium (sulfamethoxazcle/trimethoprim, antibiotics for short, lol) for the sinuses.  I got hit twice last night, possibly more, but I think my sinuses are triggering my attacks because sometimes the sinus pain will merge with the CH pain and feels like a heavy shadow... if that makes any sense. Undecided

2:30am-2:40am, O2
4:39am-4:49am, O2

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #128 on: Jan 5th, 2006, 9:40am »

Makes a lot of sense, melly. Hopefully once the infection clears up, you'll get some really noticeable relief. Last time I had a sinus infection, it almost killed me, LOL. The pressure is a huge trigger for me.  
Keeping my fingers crossed that your cycle is over...
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #129 on: Jan 6th, 2006, 9:53am »

2:39am-2:58am, O2
5:00am-5:04am, O2

The first hit I waited a whole 2 minutes to see if it'd ramp up before I hit the O2... what a difference 2 minutes makes. Angry  I was not happy with that one.

After my first hit, I woke up almost every hour.  What a crappy night.  Tongue
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #130 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 2:47am »

Hang in , Hang in, Hang in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #131 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 2:53am »

Kiss
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #132 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 7:37am »

Scott needs pom pom's and Eric needs some lipgloss. Grin  jk.. thanks you guys...

Yesterday I made an appt. with my Chiropractor as I am thinking my constant regular HA's are due to my neck being out of whack....again.  I had only seen him twice last year to help with my anxiety, which it did, and was doing awesome until the bitch knocked at my door.  (yes, the beast is a female, cause honestly there is no more dirty low down rotten mean thing I can think of, LOL)  I cannot wait to see him!  I go on Monday the 9th as he could not get me in yesterday as it was too late when I called.  I am so lucky that he sees me the same day 99% of the time.

Ok, last night 3:12am-3:17am, O2

That's it. Undecided  They are getting weird now.  I didn't even wake up any other time than when I got hit.  The only thing I had done differently the night before is take my Kudzu dose before bed, as I forgot to take it at 8pm.  (so I took it at 10:30pm)  If I start getting hit twice one night and once the next, I have a feeling it IS actually starting to subside.... but we'll see.

Today is day 37.  I've never had a cycle last beyond 37 days.....   Guess I'm not that lucky this time around. Cry
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #133 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 8:02am »

on Jan 7th, 2006, 7:37am, Melissa wrote:
I have a feeling it IS actually starting to subside.... but we'll see.

Smiley
IP Logged
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #134 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 2:43am »

My son is graduating from the " Culinary Instsitute of America" in April. Really smart kid---was accepted to the US Coast Guard Academy  ( one of the hardest schools to get accepted to) # 2 in his class---at the end of his first year calls home and says I want out !!!He was always a chef throughout High School so he always wanted this....At any rate I went to one of their restaurants for lunch yesterday---and ordered a drink ( 3 to be exact) ---first time in 2 months---AND-------I didn't have a problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Without the POM POMS I am pulling for you to be at the end !!!!
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #135 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 7:03am »

After 38 days, I did not wake up in pain last night. Grin

The only pain I felt was when I woke this morning at 5:30 with a screwed up neck again (it'll stay screwed up till I see my Chiropractor) which I believe has been caused by a combo of falling asleep in weird positions, a TON of tension and possibly hitting my head repeatedly on the shower wall. Undecided  I do believe that it has helped me for the past 2 nights, taking 1/2 a Xanax before bed and falling asleep with an ice pack at the base of my head/top of the neck.

Anyway, I can't WAIT till I see him tomorrow!  He is like a God in his field.  Never cracks me at all either.  I drive 45min just to see him, and I rarely see him more than twice a year.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, if anything, tonight! Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2006, 7:09am by Melissa » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #136 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 7:10am »

Sleep is good!

I miss it.

Hugs to you and continued PF times.

E
IP Logged

Space in-between them
Melissa

Email

« Reply #137 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 7:19am »

Got hit only one time again last night.

1:16am-1:23am, O2.  

I had woke 3 min. before that, but was unsure as to what kind of HA I was getting, LOL.  Between my CH's, tension HA's & sinus HA's, it's like now that my cycle is winding down, they like to meld with one another. Undecided

Anyway, hope tonight is PF!  

Oh, and since today is day 6 of my Kudzu taper, I have decided to start today on cutting my afternoon 2:30pm dose.  All that will remain is my 8pm dose for the next 6 days.... then I'm stopping it completely.

p.s. thanks E2.  The sleep will come for you, it will! Kiss
« Last Edit: Jan 9th, 2006, 7:23am by Melissa » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #138 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 5:50pm »

Update- I went to my Chiropractor today and I definately needed some adjusting.  First off he told me that if I ever was to slam my head repeatedly into the shower wall again, that Jesse is supposed to drive me there to see him the next day.  Secondly, he said the constant headaches I've been getting are due to my anxiety and tension of the muscle that surrounds the very top bone of the spine that also protects the nerve bundle of the spinal cord (with the myleian sheath(sp?).  Anyway, because that muscle has tensed to the point of hardness repeatedly, it caused that bone to shift.  He did the adjustments on T1-5 on my spine, that one in my neck and also one on my forehead.  I could finally turn my head to the right side again!! (yay!)  

Well, to end off my appointment, he said that I HAVE to start worrying more about myself and less about everyone else, or I will just keep on having the problem.  You see, my cycle began due to stress in my neighbor lady, who is like an adopted mom to me, being diagnosed with breast cancer.  It was very stressing (and a shock) for me as that is what my Mom died from.  I won't go into details but some here know how traumatic that was for me.  To make a long story short, he said to practice more relaxation, take quiet time out for myself and worry about myself first, then family, then community, etc.  He also recommended a book to read to help that I'll be purchasing off Amazon.

Onward and upward!!

Smileymelly
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #139 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 6:29pm »

on Jan 9th, 2006, 5:50pm, Melissa wrote:

Onward and upward!!

Smileymelly

GO, girl!   Grin  hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #140 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 1:38am »

Hey Melissa--As I have been checking in on your diary every morning--I hope this is the END. Pain Free days and nights for you !!!!!!!
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #141 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 10:01am »

Thank you Nani and Scott!!! Grin

17 days.  That's how long it's been since we've seen the sun here.  It is FINALLY blue skies this morning and the sun is OUT! Cheesy  That is awesome, because it goes with how my day will be today.

Last night, nothing to report!  Slept straight through again.  And that is even with only having 1 dose of Kudzu yesterday. (the 8pm, 2 pill dose)

Before I went to bed last night, I did have a full Xanax pill (due to my tension HA getting out of control due to coming home and DH being, uh, drunk Lips Sealed), but all it did was make me sleepy.  I also went to bed with an ice pack at the base of my head, as my Chiropractor told me to ice it as much as I possibly can.  So that is also what I did this morning as I awoke with another tension HA.  That has pretty much been the norm for me for the past 4 weeks, but at least I know what it is from now!

Today, hubby took Eli with him to work with his Dad, so I am here all alone.  I have some errands I need to run this a.m., but this afternoon I will use to my advantage to soak in the whirlpool tub with some sore muscle stress reducing bath packet.  I refuse to let shit pile up on me today.  I'm gonna do things at my own pace.

I also cannot wait till Thursday as I will be purchasing my wine!  I've decided that I will wait until I have 3 PF nights before partaking in a glass, instead of a full week.  If I DO end up getting hit, I get hit. Undecided
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #142 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 10:05am »

Sounds like you're doing well kiddo.

Awesome!
IP Logged

Space in-between them
Melissa

Email

« Reply #143 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 10:26am »

on Jan 10th, 2006, 10:05am, E-Double wrote:
Sounds like you're doing well kiddo.

Awesome!

You amaze me Eric.  I know you gotta be hurting bad, yet you still are happy for me.  You know you're in my thoughts everyday hon...  Kiss

Ok, wanted to add that for the past 6 days, my Grandma has been in the hospital.  She went in because she was very anemic.  Her iron count was 7, when it's supposed to be between 11 & 17.  Anyway, they checked her stomach, small & lg. intestines and her rectum.  They cannot find out where she is bleeding from.  They wanted to do a bone marrow biopsy on her yesterday, but the lab guy said he doesn't want to jump into that.  So instead, he wants her to take some iron pills for the next 2 weeks and then wants to check her again.  Right now they are working on getting her stronger, and she's already arranged for meals on wheels and a lady to come assist her when she gets back home.  That is such a huge load off of me, as when I took care of her after her back surgery last time I almost got burned out.  So, just wanted to add that to my thread. Smiley
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #144 on: Jan 10th, 2006, 10:28am »

It's all in my head Wink

Hugs to you and granny
IP Logged

Space in-between them
Melissa

Email

« Reply #145 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:40am »

Last night, nothing to report. Grin

3 more nights of this and I will no longer be updating this thread.  Wink
IP Logged
Lissa
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #146 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 8:44am »

Smiley
IP Logged

Episodic cluster survivor since 1995 at age 16.
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #147 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 10:18am »

on Jan 10th, 2006, 10:26am, Melissa wrote:

You amaze me Eric.  I know you gotta be hurting bad, yet you still are happy for me.  You know you're in my thoughts everyday hon...  Kiss

my thread. Smiley

I'm happy for both of you.
 Grin
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #148 on: Jan 11th, 2006, 4:51pm »

I think the end is HERE !!!!!!!!!! [smiley=laugh.gif Shocked
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #149 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 6:52am »

2:48am-3:01am, started the O2 after 8 minutes had passed.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss