Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 19th, 2024, 12:09pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Starting Kudzu again... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Starting Kudzu again...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Starting Kudzu again...  (Read 4378 times)
Melissa

Email

Re: Starting Kudzu again...
« Reply #75 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 2:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

With the heavy shadowing I was doing this morning, I took 2 ginger capsules on a tip to help them.  I couldn't believe such a thing would help that sort of pain, but sure enough, they almost disappeared.  

10:30am- Still shadowing lightly, got very tired so laid down to take a nap until 12:50pm.  Woke up twice from the kdis, but that was about it.  Am now shadowing lightly again.  Took a ginger capsule and am now eating a shrimp ring (I have been sooooo hungry lately).

Will update later.

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

Re: Starting Kudzu again... (UPDATED w/new route)
« Reply #76 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 4:54pm »

2nd dose, 3:40pm 12/17/05, 10 RC seeds in 1 shot glass (Mast's light up Christmas Tree, hehe) of Lambrusco that had been soaking for 19 hours.  Things are a little bit more acute and pronounced right now.  Will update later.
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #77 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 5:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Good for you Mel, smiles all the way  Kiss
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #78 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 5:29pm »

feel good!
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #79 on: Dec 17th, 2005, 11:53pm »

Ok, had a 30-40min kip2 attack just a little bit ago.  Stomach is feeling queezy, but that is my fault, haven't eaten much today (spent a lot my time sleeping, LOL).  The only think I wish is that I had some 7up in the fridge. Sad

Anyway, looks like the attacks are not only going down in pain level, but also time wise.  

I'm not staying up, my tummy is too upset, gotta grab the bucket and lay back down.  Hopefully I don't get woken up again tonight.

buh bye
IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #80 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 12:32am »

Ahhhhhhhhhh.........the bucket. Something every parent of a projectile vomiting kid desires.  
Eat a hoagie, Mel......or at least a Prune Danish. Topped off with 8 oz OJ, the regurgitant is most acceptable.

You da man, girl.
RJ
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #81 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 11:00am »

Since the puter screen hurts to look at, I'll type this as quick as I possibly can.

First off, BIG HUGE MISTAKE on my part to do a 2nd dose so soon AND to let it soak in wine for as many hours as I did.  I had one hell of a mother fucking hangover (and then getting hit on top of it).  Holy shit I wanted to die last night.  Between the pain, the nausea and anxiety attacks, I didn't know if it would ever end.

Anyway, I survived (thank GOD).  I'll tell ya though, ginger caps being thrown back up HURT LIKE A MOFO. Sad  

Things I did to help myself through this shitty time:

1. threw up (hahaha Hap, love you too)
2. cold packs, constantly on back of the head and forehead
3. kept warm, 2 thick blankets
4. when I could keep a pill down, I took a xanax.  After that one kicked in, I then took a second.
5. stayed in bed, slept off and on
6. 3 excedrin migraine
7. as soon as my tummy could tolerate more, I'd take sips of water.  OMG I cannot stress water consumption!  It's vital.  (it's also something my hubby told me was the best thing to ingest for a hangover, and he's right)

Ok, as of 9:30am, I am feeling a CH trying to break through.  The pain is maybe at a kip 1 (or 1/2 even), so I will be able to shower, get dressed and maybe DO something today!  In the past 24 hours, I have gotten hit a total of what, 3 times?  And of all the hours I slept, that is actually a really good record!

Next dosing time, it'll be with only 6 seeds soaked in water for only 2 hours, and I'm waiting at LEAST 5 days before I do that.  I do not want to go through this crap again, LOL.

Please God, let my cycle be broken...

Thanks everyone, for everything.

love,
melly
« Last Edit: Dec 18th, 2005, 11:05am by Melissa » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #82 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 4:41pm »

Okie dokie smokie, hehe.

It is 3:39pm here.  Since 11:00am, I have been 99% pain free.  I did have maybe 1 or 2 twinges, but that has been IT.

Tonight is the real test to see if I broke my cycle.  

BTW, I feel GREAT right now!  No headache, no tummy ache, no anxiety, just a little weak.  I am happy to report also, that we (hubby, Eli & I) are going shopping tomorrow for some much needed groceries and to finish our Christmas shopping! YAY!!!

In good spirits....
Winkmelly
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #83 on: Dec 18th, 2005, 7:47pm »

Nap at 4pm-6:30pm.  No pain.  In fact, I found it hard to even get out of bed.  Don't understand why that is, could be due to being able to sleep without waking up in pain, or maybe I am just that exhausted since my cycle began. Undecided  I told hubby I didn't want to get out of bed, he said I didn't have to....  That was cool. Smiley  I do remember tho, before I fell asleep, that I was so apprehensive of waking up in pain.  I'd crack my neck, and wait to feel that all familiar start of a cluster... but nothing happened.  I am so scared because it feels way too good to be true.  I guess only time will tell.  I'll update again tomorrow.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #84 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 12:42am »

11:00pm-11:30pm, kip 4.  Took 3 Excedrin Migraine at onset then danced in the shower with a cold pack.

I think next time I'll also have the coffee ready to go and try to abort with that and the shower together instead of any analgesics.  But we'll see.

I have also decided, that when I dose again, I will only do 4 seeds.  More is not always better. Wink  I have learned a very valuable and hard lesson.  I hope others do NOT make the same mistake I did and when someone tells you (namely the people at CB) that the LEAST amount is best, please do listen to them.

IP Logged
Wendy

Email

« Reply #85 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 7:36am »

Mel, sounds like you had some night? Mel, now how many did you end up doing all together. Now, I am not the person that knows but it would seem to me if you could take that many seeds time after time and be okay. Maybe, just maybe you could do a decent amount all at once. ONLY and only a decent amount works for me. I eat oyster crackers the WHOLE time while doing the seeds....before, during and after. I just suck on them and it helps alot with for the tummy. Ask the guys what they think as long as you didn't have a real trip issues and you did sound like you did alot just at different times, but close together. Maybe you could blast the bastard away???? Best of Luck, I am thinking about you Kiss

Wendy

edited to say.....then you wouldn't be drinking so much wine either. I use very little. Its not easy going down but I DON'T DO WELL WITH ALCOHOL EITHER!
« Last Edit: Dec 19th, 2005, 8:05am by Wendy » IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #86 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 8:58am »

on Dec 19th, 2005, 7:36am, Wendy wrote:
Maybe, just maybe you could do a decent amount all at once. ONLY and only a decent amount works for me.  

Maybe you could blast the bastard away????

The concern for results can be accomplished in different ways but there are negative feelings to contend with which are real consequences for each to experience if it is not right for them.  Caution and gradual are good limits to adhere to with an individual's procedure to a new tactic, in this case, for something that can attain success in time.    
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #87 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 9:03am »

Wendy, I did a total of 18 seeds within a 24hr period.  WAY TOO MUCH!!!  And way too close together.  I should have just tried 6 seeds soaked in water for a couple of hours for the 1st dose, and then wait at LEAST 5 days before doing a 2nd dose of either 4 or 6 seeds.  Because of what I did, I screwed myself royally.   I feel like crap, my anxiety is skyrocketing and I'm tired a lot.

Never again.  I am definately NOT ok.  I'll keep updating as the days go by, but I'm afraid being PF by Christmas is out of the question.  I should have never of been impatient, it was stupid and I could have probably either fried my brain or worse.  As a very very good friend told me, when we are in pain, and we say we'll try ANYTHING to rid ourselves of these headaches, we really have to know that when we say "anything", we really don't mean it, because there can be consequences that are worse off than what we had to begin with.

Sorry for the ramble, just had to write that out.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #88 on: Dec 19th, 2005, 6:37pm »

4:40pm-5:30pm, kip 3

I didn't even get a chance to sleep, we came home from shopping all day, and within 15 min. of laying down to catch a few z's before taking my daughter to Karate class, it slammed me.  *sigh*  

Hanging in there.

Edited to add:
8:40pm-9:13pm, kip 3
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2005, 6:00am by Melissa » IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #89 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 1:28am »

Keep hangin Mel, there's always someone to tie a knot at the end of your rope.  You will get through this, and you will be ok.   You've got my number, call me anytime, or if you want me to call you (flat rate long distance here) email me or IM me and I'll call you.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
Wendy

Email

« Reply #90 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 8:04am »

on Dec 19th, 2005, 9:03am, Melissa wrote:
Wendy, I did a total of 18 seeds within a 24hr period.  WAY TOO MUCH!!!  And way too close together.  I should have just tried 6 seeds soaked in water for a couple of hours for the 1st dose, and then wait at LEAST 5 days before doing a 2nd dose of either 4 or 6 seeds.  Because of what I did, I screwed myself royally.   I feel like crap, my anxiety is skyrocketing and I'm tired a lot.

Never again.  I am definately NOT ok.  I'll keep updating as the days go by, but I'm afraid being PF by Christmas is out of the question.  I should have never of been impatient, it was stupid and I could have probably either fried my brain or worse.  As a very very good friend told me, when we are in pain, and we say we'll try ANYTHING to rid ourselves of these headaches, we really have to know that when we say "anything", we really don't mean it, because there can be consequences that are worse off than what we had to begin with.

Sorry for the ramble, just had to write that out.

Sorry to hear that Mel, Hoping things get better for you. Not trying to tell you to do anything that not right for you, thats why I suggested talking to the guys. Which I see you did from the other site we use. Just was thinking out loud?? And we are all so different when it comes to this stuff but hopefully in the end you will find what works what way for you. From the bottom of my heart I am wishing you and your family a PF Christmas.  Be well

Wendy
 Smiley
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #91 on: Dec 20th, 2005, 8:31pm »

5:30pm-6:00pm, kip 3 in freaking WALMART!!! Angry Angry Angry

That was the 1st, and hopefully LAST, time I ever got hit anywhere outside my home.  I don't know why my hits have moved to early evening, but it's PISSING ME OFF. Tongue

Cat- love you hon, I really do...thank you

Wendy- I understand I haven't taken it that way, so don't worry.  I just wrote on a tangent for others who may take the same route I have, in order so they don't make the same mistakes. Wink

edited to add:
10:00pm-10:30pm, kip 4...getting very very tired here... Sad
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2005, 8:32am by Melissa » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #92 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 10:10am »

Well... I've been doing lots of thinking lately.  I think that perhaps my Cymbalta is having a blocking effect on any effectiveness of the seeds.  Each day is different from the last, whether it be times I get hit, or if I'm shadowing bad, or not at all.  I have decided, that I don't think I'm going to dose again.  I think it'd be a waste of seeds at this point.  Perhaps this is not the right cycle to be trying the alternative, as I am still trying to heal from my anxiety/panic disorder and being on the med I am, it is interfering.  I cannot get more than 2 hrs. PF a day, which is probably at fault of my Cymbalta somehow I'm sure. Sad

I am now going to go back on the kudzu, see if that'll help at all, but if it doesn't, it doesn't.  I have ordered a clustermasx, and if I get it in time (which who the hell knows now with all the shit happening), I'll call my doc and have him rx me some O2.

According to past cycles, I shouldn't have any more than 17 days left of this shit.  Seems like forever to me right now....

UPDATE:

I talked with my doctors office, and they said it is OK for me to take the trex and also they are working on getting me some O2.  So, even if I only have 5 days left of my cycle by the time I can use it, at least I can find out whether or not it will work for me again.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2005, 1:27pm by Melissa » IP Logged
cmoore
New Board Newbie
USA 

clusterbuster

chrismo5555
WWW Email

« Reply #93 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 2:37pm »

Melissa - I dosed at the same time you did on friday night. I used 7 seeds, noticed no "highness." I had been reading in another thread that other people were using 10 seeds as a "sipping dose" (please let me know if you do not know what a sipping dose is) so I decided that my 7 seeds should not have an interaction with doing a larger dose on saturday night. I did 11 seeds on saturday night. I have been experiencing a lot of eye stwitching, tons of shadowing and get hit pretty hard last night.  

Tonight will mark 4 days since my last RC dose and I plan to dose again. I am preparing a 25 seed dose. Because I have not experienced any psychoactive effects at all from the 9 or 11 seed doses and since I have read of other people doing as much as 50 seeds, I do not feel that the 25 seed dose will cause my to freak out.  

From reading around on this site, I think that the RC seeds people have been ordering from iamshaman, need to be taken at higher doses than recommended on the clusterbusters website. This is just what i think!  

I believe that the 9 and 11 seed dosings I have done have just kind of thrown my beast off its normal tracks. The hits have become less frequent, slightly less severe, but more than anything, they have last their predictablility. I just feel that my doses were not sufficient to shock the beast away.

Anyway, I will definately keep you posted on how my dosing turns out tonight. Best of Luck, if you would like to talk in greater lengths I am completely open to phone calls. Send me a message on this board or email me at moore.c.m@comcast.net
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #94 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 5:44pm »

cmoore- Good luck to you with your treatment with the seeds!  I truely hope it works for you as it has for others.  Unfortunately for me at this time, it is not a feasible treatment to be following due to a medication I need to be on, but it is definately in mind for my arsenol for next cycle.

Ok, as of today I have only had shadows, and am supposed to get my lovely 2 attacks tonight before 11pm, so we'll see how that goes.  I have so far taken 1 kudzu at 8am and 1 at 3pm and will take 2 at 8pm, which is approx. 1 hour before I go to bed.  I'll keep on updating!!

Smileymel
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #95 on: Dec 21st, 2005, 5:48pm »

Good luck kid!!!

Try not to take your body & soul on a rollercoaster ride.

Wishing you relief quickly.

E
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #96 on: Dec 22nd, 2005, 7:32am »

My attacks have now gone back to during the night like they were before.

1:38am-1:48am, kip2
3:24am-3:34am, kip2

As you can see, they were only 10 minutes in duration.  They are the kind where I just sat up and bed and rubbed my head until they dissipated.

As of right now, I am shadowing, but I think that's because my last kudzu dose was last night at 8:00pm.  I am scheduled to take another one at 8:00am.  So for the time being, I will probably just have 1 or 2 cups of coffee (no more, as I found out yesterday it aggrivated my shadows instead of improving on them) or tea.

Yesterday after my shadows had finally quieted down, I was PF for about 7 hours, which is the most I've been in quite some time.  So I'd say the Kudzu has definately started to work again.  Now if I can only keep the weather from moving 2 low fronts at once into the state, I'll be mostly PF till it's time for my cycle to move on! Wink

Modified to add: That since going back on the 'zu, I haven't needed any Xanax. Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2005, 9:42am by Melissa » IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #97 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 11:27am »

I just wrote a bunch of stuff and hit "Post" then realized I wasn't even online. Roll Eyes  Lost it all.  So all I'm gonna say, is that this pain sucks, it's constant, and I want it GONE! Angry

14 more days!!!!
IP Logged
cmoore
New Board Newbie
USA 

clusterbuster

chrismo5555
WWW Email

« Reply #98 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 4:22pm »

I have noticed that you have stated the exact number of days remaining in your cycle a few times. You have the ability to know exactly how many days you will be in cycle?

just curious...

-chris
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #99 on: Dec 23rd, 2005, 8:33pm »

on Dec 23rd, 2005, 4:22pm, cmoore wrote:
I have noticed that you have stated the exact number of days remaining in your cycle a few times. You have the ability to know exactly how many days you will be in cycle?

just curious...

-chris

Chris, I have never had a cycle go beyond 37 days.  So, if I seem confident on the number of days left, you know why.  AND, obviously, I am hopeful it NEVER goes beyond that amount of time! Wink

current update: I now have 2 m60 O2 tanks and a couple NR masks, but was let known that my clustermasx is on its way to me!! Smiley Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss